Any news of Dr Bernstein?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Towards the end of every month I get an email informing me that another of Dr Bernstein's monthly Teleseminars is about to become available. I have just realised that no such email has arrived for May. I have been listening to these question and answer sessions for years, and Dr B has never missed or been late before. I am worried. Dr B is an impressively fit 85 year old, but then there is Covid. Has anyone any information?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I think as his advice on Covid 19 and diabetes was to avoid it at all costs and do not get infected he is probably following his own advice and shielding strenuously. His wiki has him as alive and kicking so I'm sure normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

Reactions: Alexandra100

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I think as his advice on Covid 19 and diabetes was to avoid it at all costs and do not get infected he is probably following his own advice and shielding strenuously. His wiki has him as alive and kicking so I'm sure normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
Thanks, John. Yes, no mention of losing him on the TypeOne Grit Facebook page or Twitter or Wikepedia. So lets hope. My guess is that there may have been a technical glitch. The Teleseminar setup always strikes me as a bit creaky. I can't see how making a video would be a Covid risk, whereas seeing patients face to face would be. This has made me realise what a hole he will leave when he does go, at any rate in my life and I'm sure for myriad others.

Could you possibly post a link for Dr B's Covid advice?

nickm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dr B is an impressively fit 85 year old. ?
I am not aware of his athletic performances from the last 30+ years. You should come to Masters Athletics or Orienteering in my part of the world and see what so many 85 year olds do. Or look at the 85 year old rock climbers here, in Europe and the US. Perhaps you mean sedentary?