Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wish it was pouring here! We had an almost infinitesimal amount of rain overnight, just been for a walk and I can see carcks over 2" in the ground. I know I live on clay, but I've never seent he ground like this at this time of year.

Had a good walk though, and a good outdoor meeting last night so despite going to bed too late I'm feeling rather perky this morning and off out to do some of the gardening I've been avoiding as it's been just too hot for me. Have a good day all whatever you're doing and hope the planting goes well @becca59

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning. Cooler but no rain. Like you @hh1, the ground’s dry, clay too. I’m amazed there’s so much greenery, but maybe the deeper roots are still using all the water that fell earlier in the year.
I made an air drying clay warthog last night, not sure it really looks like one though, I think it’s a cross between a warthog, a wild boar and a mythical beast. The ceramics group set Ourselves a weekly theme just to keep us going between zoom sessions, this one’s ‘pig’. It feels a bit like going back to primary school - in the non-Covid weekly sessions we all did our own thing. However, it’s wonderful concentrating on something that takes the brain away from current events.
Might have a woods walk later.
Have a happy same same, planting, painting, working, or whatevering day everyone.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning everyone, long time reader of this forum first time posting here in this thread, decidedly wet and chilly here in the Northeast. BS readings are all over the place with no change in my diet, weight training is consistent again (after 10wks no training) and have a routine in place. But as have been diabetic for a while now I think this is just yet another glitch along the way. Hope everyone is well.

Take care everyone and Stay safe

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Welcome @johnpol, it’s not a good time to seek face to face advice for all over the place sugars, hope you find the solution though - could it be the effects of weight of weight training after a break?
Not sure if I don’t prefer the cooler but dry we’ve got here in the south east, as long as there’s still water. No hosepipe ban yet for Kent, but watch this space.
Neighbours have downed the power tools today, but there are the sounds of someone channeling out for repointing over the Road, a train doing the equivalent of revving a hundred yards or so away, and a few police sirens. Bye bye lockdown peace and quiet.

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good afternoon, 4.2 :) waking, a morning's floorboarding and a shower to fit in a while, it's all go right now, rained off window cleaning, seeing @johnpol post reminds me the gym's still shut, hi @johnpol and I've had a few of those readings too :banghead: but it's never a perfect game this type 1 malarkey, keep smiling & keep going's always my advice (not that it was asked for :p)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all!

I can report that all students are doing well. The look on Young Vampire's face at seeing all the staff during the video call was an absolute picture with talking and giggling being non-stop for half an hour. We could've gone on for longer, but YV was first on the list and we had two more to go.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My papaya that I bought late last spring and was only a foot high is now over 10 feet tall! The papayas have been delicious!

upload_2020-6-3_12-39-44.png
upload_2020-6-3_12-42-0.png

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Just waiting for the school not quite rush but more steady trickle in a socially distancing staggering kind of way to finish going past my house, then off for a walk and some errand-y bits and pieces at the best local shop before I meander back.

I think what's been utterly fascinating about these video calls has been seeing our predictions about how they and their families would be coping. We've had a couple of complete surprises, the one who we thought would have family cracking the whip with all home learning being completed way ahead of time then demanding more hasn't even done one task since being home, the one who's parents we thought wouldn't bother have been totally engaged (and we have a sneaky feeling have been really enjoying it) and getting another way of seeing how some interact with parents has been most illuminating! Others have been much as predicted.

We also concluded YV is just being totally true to self with us in a way that had not been evident in previous years, after parental feedback, who concluded much the same! I'd been trying to say YV needed to learn to interact well with other adults on an adult a level as is possible, and that we're happy enforcing appropriate boundaries as needed, but that they won't be the same approach as when YV was, say, 13 or so (and, I gather, very difficult to handle). Parents have now seen that in action and are agreeing we've got the right approach for a transitioning to adulthood YV! Hooray and phew!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Awoke to a hypo, not happy. Hoping new monitor arrives today. (Abbott gave me it for free by the way)
Rain just easing off here, which is good as meeting son and grandson for a walk at 8:30am. We decided to meet up again pretty soon after the picnic on Tuesday so he understands we are not going to disappear again.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Windy but dry here in Sunny Somerset. Hope to finish our new flower bed today but depends on the weather.

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
3.1at 5.30am and felt as rough as an old dog...…
Now at 5.2 and worn out.

Happy Friday

Tony

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Walk good but rather cool. Grandson running and giggling with us and shouting run nana/pops run! Message on answer phone when we got home. Parcel delivery from Abbott delayed til Monday due to unforeseen circumstances. Grrr!