What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...good sleep last night now thankfully it's cooler here at last...working this morning remotely so another quick scoot around to tidy the house & myself before my close up on camera ughhh not sure I'm ready for this so early on in my day...woke to a 6.5

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very full day for you yesterday and excellent fbg even if you took one for the team and ate lamb breast. I am well advanced with Steps CD (4.30 start allows plenty of time for this) - reach for the stars on loop - but have found time to read this. https://www.theguardian.com/politic...world-beater-in-stupidity-transport-face-mask Life is certainly imitating satire just now.

Good read - playing over dubbed broadcasts from other European countries that had taken place weeks ago - would we notice an improvement? I think that BoJo, the clown's national circus - where fun for none of the family is guaranteed is taking notes from Decline and Fail by John Crase because it says “Read in Case of Political Apocalypse“.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.40am FBG 6.3 or retest FBG 5.3 Know which result I prefer. Could see no reason for a higher than normal reading, which is reason for second test. Why does changing finger make such a difference?
Wet morning, as expected, and about time, the garden needs it and there are plenty of indoor jobs to be getting on with. Should be able to finish one job, at least today.
A couple of jobs have been removed from the list uncompleted, due to insufficient materials.
@gennepher this is a very interesting painting.
@Muddy Cyclist the gardens look lovely
@Chook Has your neighbour recovered from her fall?

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, still damp and chilly up here in the Northeast. Doomy has settled down over the last few day's, haven't done anything different at all now sat in the 5's, so I'll just call it the ol' diabetes Russian roulette! it's done what it wants! I may put a picture up later of Sidekick Sid being, well my training Sidekick! but as the weight goes up, the further away he goes! Don't blame him really, I'd much rather be sat in the house too.

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hadn't heard of this link before https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...her-risk-severe-case-covid-19-research-finds/ I was keen to drop the Finasteride I was prescribed last summer but it looks like a keeper reading that.
Bald, 70, T2D, Male, think I'm going to apply for the job as local hermit.

Live is suddenly getting more dangerous and Mountain Biking is even more risky as from today, this was sent to me taken in our local woods by at Brocton...

FB_IMG_1591339857250.jpg

Never mind bikes, what about Kids, dogs, horses, OAPs, ?

Being a Hermit is looking most attractive.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This is Sidekick Sids idea of being my training Sidekick, as the weight goes up, he gets further away!!!
IMG_20200602_230526_896.jpg
IMG_20200602_230526_897.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A dull day here in the Capital.

bg 6.3
temp 36.6

had a worry yesterday..

went had a nap early evening.
woke to as burst of heat inside me,all restless And sweating like boris at PMQ's,

OMG..COULD this be what that i think it is....:woot:

death awaits..and i haven't finished "on the beach" yet :arghh:

i get up, check my temp, good..

then i check the windows
all opened up during the hot spell and to avoid Marley sneaking out we closed them down as low as possible so he can't slip through.
so plenty of air flow..WHY, Oh WHY... am i still so HOT.

then i spot the light...yep

rather then close the Windows because she was cold, madam put the heating on instead..:banghead:

so i stand down down from Defcon 4 or as the govt like to call it, Defcon 5/4/1..;)

Just dropped her ladyship into work, traffic was light.

i think @ianpspurs , link sort of nails it for me.
am just appalled at how incompetent the responses here have been.

The mandatory wearing of masks a case in point
IF it's a good idea on the 15th.
why isn't it a good idea now, to help prevent or suppress that 2nd wave, AND
help the TTi process, respond in a more effective fashion.?

then i remember TTi won't be fully in place for a good while yet
despite having 4 whole months to get it ready.:banghead:

so letting the spread happen
unchecked makes little difference.:rolleyes:

we are as ever on our own.
Don't be Boris Stupid
THINK.
Be safe.
Be sensible.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, still damp and chilly up here in the Northeast. Doomy has settled down over the last few day's, haven't done anything different at all now sat in the 5's, so I'll just call it the ol' diabetes Russian roulette! it's done what it wants! I may put a picture up later of Sidekick Sid being, well my training Sidekick! but as the weight goes up, the further away he goes! Don't blame him really, I'd much rather be sat in the house too.

Have a nice weekend everyone and stay safe.

SO good to hear @johnpol

took me a bit to understand the weight part of that..Doh.

but i get it now..sensible dog, me thinks. :D

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Live is suddenly getting more dangerous and Mountain Biking is even more risky as from today, this was sent to me taken in our local woods by at Brocton...

View attachment 41880

very interesting on the link @ianpspurs provided.
the male side to this does point to the difference in our genetic make up being a cause if the disparity.

do also note some are now considering this is a blood transport issue around the body,
hence the whole body is attacked not just the lings as was previously thought.

see a report from Italy suggests the virus has weakened, I do hope there is some truth in that

Those nails on the pathway..:woot:

terrible thing to do, akin to putting wire across the path at throat level.
hit that at pace when no ones around, and a tyre blow out could have serious consequences.

i thought we were all on the "Cycling is the new sliced bread " page for transporting us around ?

Be careful, and yes i can see how that takes the joy out of it keeping a beady eye out for booby traps.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But what would you do about the World Leading © diabetic support from your GP practice? We need t shirts with bald lives matter - Dominic obviously already has a fine collection. Pretty shocking image though - until you realise it is England 2020. As you were.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who query medical records and diagnosis.

A 5.4 this morning.

One or several of the posts this morning annoyed me, no not the posters, the content of the posts about the medical professions blind insistance that if it's in your notes then it's correct.
I almost died because of a misdiagnosis by a consultant, I tried to get the consultant struck off the medical register, but hospital that saved my life and the referring consultant refused to back my action, but delt with the misdiagnosing consultant themselves.

As for GP's bitter experience has taught me to classify them into 3 classes.
1 Can be used for a diagnosis.
2 Fit only to fill in prescription forms.
3 Not fit for man nor beast and if they were on fire, not worth urinating on to quench the flames.
Now GP nurses for my complex medical conditions,they are a walking liability and to be avoided at all times.

What I struggle to do is remember that most medics are human, under tremendous pressure and do care, but above all else are human and prone to err.
Rant over. Have a good day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is Sidekick Sids idea of being my training Sidekick
Oh dear john a picture speaks a thousand words he really does make me laugh...love his expression wonder what he's thinking probably best not to know.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who query medical records and diagnosis.

A 5.4 this morning.

One or several of the posts this morning annoyed me, no not the posters, the content of the posts about the medical professions blind insistance that if it's in your notes then it's correct.
I almost died because of a misdiagnosis by a consultant, I tried to get the consultant struck off the medical register, but hospital that saved my life and the referring consultant refused to back my action, but delt with the misdiagnosing consultant themselves.

As for GP's bitter experience has taught me to classify them into 3 classes.
1 Can be used for a diagnosis.
2 Fit only to fill in prescription forms.
3 Not fit for man nor beast and if they were on fire, not worth urinating on to quench the flames.
Now GP nurses for my complex medical conditions,they are a walking liability and to be avoided at all times.

What I struggle to do is remember that most medics are human, under tremendous pressure and do care, but above all else are human and prone to err.
Rant over. Have a good day.
I gave a winner but hug also for that misdiagnosis experience. This Is not the first time my records have been wrong, prescribed penicillin three weeks ago for ear infection, it's always been on my records that I and it don't get on but apparently not any longer, I think an email to the practice manager may be a way forward until I can visit in person.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 41880

This sort of mindless vandalism seems to be on the up. Happens more and more on green lanes and byways (BOATS)