What I have eaten today

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi to all,

Breakfast.
Glad to be here for a start.Today I have eaten 1 weetabix with chia seeds and soya milk.

Dinner
Cus cus with a piece of ham and vine tomatoes.
Tea

Veg smoothie with rocket grown from my garden loverly n smooth.

1 apple.

Sparklebrightisright.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Sparklebrightisright for a T2 the weetabix is a carb bomb. Try changing the couscous for cauliflower rice. The apple will send a dose of fructose straight to your liver.

I had scrambled egg and bacon.
This evening a couple of sausages with cauliflower rice plus bits which included tomato, spring onion, mushroom,chilli and toasted almond flakes. Sushi pickled ginger on the side.

Buzzer81

Cauliflower rice is a game changer for me. Love it and find it so easy to use and make great meals with. Such a great recommendation I got from this forum!

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi to you,

I like cauliflower but not in small pieces and has to be crunchy.

Will try in in the week and see if I get lower blood sugar.
I was told by my gp that I can eat fruit its supposed to be good for you.

Sparklebright.

Reactions: Buzzer81

Buzzer81

Hi to you,

I like cauliflower but not in small pieces and has to be crunchy.

Will try in in the week and see if I get lower blood sugar.
I was told by my gp that I can eat fruit its supposed to be good for you.

Sparklebright.

Well, I’m gave up bananas at first but missed them so much and found they don’t cause me too many problems.... I hope!!! If my levels don’t come down in my next hba1c then i may reconsider.

With cauliflower rice it’s great if you fry it up! I have it with soy sauce, chicken, onions and some goats cheese grated on top.

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I’m gave up bananas at first but missed them so much and found they don’t cause me too many problems.... I hope!!! If my levels don’t come down in my next hba1c then i may reconsider.

With cauliflower rice it’s great if you fry it up! I have it with soy sauce, chicken, onions and some goats cheese grated on top.
How do you do cauliflower rice please

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

@Buzzer81 do you test your BS as that will tell you what effect bananas, and other foods, will have?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Yesterday had my usual brekkie.
Lunch was egg mayo and salad.
Supper was chicken curry and cauli rice.
Couple of gin & sodas. Whitley Neil Blood Orange, delicious.

today same brekkie.
Lunch will be Brie, cheddar and salad.
Supper will be chicken in tarragon cream sauce, brocolli.
We should be on the way to Cornwall today to celebrate Mr PM’s 60th birthday tomorrow with both sons and a partner. Only plan now is lunch in the garden with one son and his partner. Sadly the other one isnt in the UK.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s good - back in the non diabetic range. I’d be interested to know what your readings are after bananas as I can eat a lot of fruit such as berries, apples, grapes and cherries but not had the courage to try bananas yet. I used to love dates but they may be a fruit too far!

D

Deleted member 308541

Hi to all,
Dinner
Cuscus with a piece of ham and vine tomatoes.
It sounds a unique combination of flavours...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_spotted_cuscus
Z9020138-Common_Spotted_Cuscus.jpg

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cauliflower rice is a game changer for me. Love it and find it so easy to use and make great meals with. Such a great recommendation I got from this forum!
Try maggies bags favouring with diced chicken on cauliflower rice it's to die for mmmmmmmm you can buy them in asda Morrison's tescos home bargains there's a range of flavours I personally like the Italian flavour it's basically boil in a bag with favouring you won't be disappointed.