Revita: has anyone had this procedure?

CESM

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just been reading about the surgical procedure Revita. Everything I’ve read sounds very positive but it’s a very new procedure. Have any of you had this procedure, or know of someone who has had it, and is so is it effective?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve just been reading about the surgical procedure Revita. Everything I’ve read sounds very positive but it’s a very new procedure. Have any of you had this procedure, or know of someone who has had it, and is so is it effective?

I haven't had this done, but I have been to a presentation by a consultant performing the procedures, and also leading a branch of the research into the process. Around 6 months ago, they were still recruiting for the research.

What is your interest in the procedure CESM?

CESM

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't had this done, but I have been to a presentation by a consultant performing the procedures, and also leading a branch of the research into the process. Around 6 months ago, they were still recruiting for the research.

What is your interest in the procedure CESM?

Good Housekeeping magazine has an interesting article about diabetes in their latest magazine and they wrote about this procedure. I’m newly type 2 but was put straight onto insulin, which I’m struggling to accept as a way of life for the rest of my life. I’m doing well in bringing down my blood sugar levels and today had my insulin doses reduced again by my diabetes nurse. She doesn’t know about the procedure but said she’ll research it. My interest is that if it really is a way of improving the long term prospects for type 2 diabetics I’m keen to learn more about it and see if it’s perhaps suitable for me.

Reactions: Todd1974

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Housekeeping magazine has an interesting article about diabetes in their latest magazine and they wrote about this procedure. I’m newly type 2 but was put straight onto insulin, which I’m struggling to accept as a way of life for the rest of my life. I’m doing well in bringing down my blood sugar levels and today had my insulin doses reduced again by my diabetes nurse. She doesn’t know about the procedure but said she’ll research it. My interest is that if it really is a way of improving the long term prospects for type 2 diabetics I’m keen to learn more about it and see if it’s perhaps suitable for me.

Did the article explain what is done?

To be fair, and very clear, I have been fortunate to be able to get my diabetes into a very good place, with just lifestyle changes, so I would never qualify for this procedure if I wanted it. That said, when I learned how it works, I wouldn't fancy it for myself, but you can read more here, and the link does have some contact details to contact those running the trial directly

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/surgery/research/clinical-trials/duodenal-mucosal-resurfacing-trial

CESM

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did the article explain what is done?

To be fair, and very clear, I have been fortunate to be able to get my diabetes into a very good place, with just lifestyle changes, so I would never qualify for this procedure if I wanted it. That said, when I learned how it works, I wouldn't fancy it for myself, but you can read more here, and the link does have some contact details to contact those running the trial directly

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/surgery/research/clinical-trials/duodenal-mucosal-resurfacing-trial
Thank you for the link. I’ve looked to see what the procedure involves and I’m not put off by it, however I wouldn’t qualify for the trial as I inject insulin so don’t fit the criteria. It’s still very early days for me and I remain optimistic that I might be able to come off insulin.