Type 2 Low Sugar Level

jclaude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Current HBa1c is 5.3% or 34 mmol/mol. Average for a day is approx 4.6 mmol/L Am not on meds and have never been.

Am D2. During lockdown due to better diet and exercise my daily av came from 6.5 to 4.6.

However, when I wake up, my glucose level is 3.3.

Is this too low? Can this be dangerous to my health?

Please let me have your thoughts.

Many thanks.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Current HBa1c is 5.3% or 34 mmol/mol. Average for a day is approx 4.6 mmol/L Am not on meds and have never been.

Am D2. During lockdown due to better diet and exercise my daily av came from 6.5 to 4.6.

Many thanks.

If you’re not on any meds and are feeling fine, I’d say good for you. Looks like you’ve got quite a steady rate there through the day.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Many thanks.
Healthy, non-diabetics can see even lower numbers before they start feeling peckish. It's when it's artificially lowered, or due to a condition like reactive hypoglycemia, that it can get problematic. For you, it's just a marker of the amazing progress you've made, rather than anything to worry about.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If that is a fasting test, then it's ok, some people are fine getting results like that.
If however you start getting similar readings after food, that is different!
Your Hba1c and other readings are fine.

jclaude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you for all your reassuring responses. I am using an all day monitoring from Libre and discovered that many recommended food were spiking my glucose level. Got rid of these or eat very little of. Found what went well with me and stuck with it. Also doing short exercises all Day long.
All in all, the lockdown has allowed me to achieve these goals