What should my mmol reading be

Spiritedgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've now got my meter as suggested and have been reading that my mmol reading should be as per the picture below, ost of the day it's been 6.7mmol for dinner I had crabstick salad with spinach, mushroom,a tiny bit of mozzarella, half a tomato, teaspoon of cottage cheese, cucumber,green pepper and a splash of apple cider vinegar as a dressing, my mmol 2 hrs after eating its come up as 8.7mmol which is above what it should be what has set it off the only things I can think of is the mozzarella or cottage cheese, ? Should I worry everytime it goes over what it states it should be ? Thank you
Screenshot_20200604-210543.jpg

Reactions: Buzzer81

Buzzer81

That doesn’t seem too bad, if you’re like me, I found that my levels steadily dropped so it will happen gradually, you’re at the top end but you’re just beginning so don’t feel disheartened.... and don’t forget it could have been a lot worse!!!! Remember, as long as it doesn’t rise over 2mmol after food then it’s not too bad.

Keep it up!!!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I've now got my meter as suggested and have been reading that my mmol reading should be as per the picture below, ost of the day it's been 6.7mmol for dinner I had crabstick salad with spinach, mushroom,a tiny bit of mozzarella, half a tomato, teaspoon of cottage cheese, cucumber,green pepper and a splash of apple cider vinegar as a dressing, my mmol 2 hrs after eating its come up as 8.7mmol which is above what it should be what has set it off the only things I can think of is the mozzarella or cottage cheese, ? Should I worry everytime it goes over what it states it should be ? Thank you View attachment 41913

No you don't need to worry with those numbers. Not sure what is was in your food but you have gone up by 2mmol over 2hrs which is really good.

The idealised numbers above are just a guide and your meter has an accuracy of +/- 15% so you could well be within range anyway.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The difference is 2. Well done for that. I can find cottage cheese problematical, philly is fine. You are doing really well. Just keep doing what you're doing, don't fret.

Perminder1

I've now got my meter as suggested and have been reading that my mmol reading should be as per the picture below, ost of the day it's been 6.7mmol for dinner I had crabstick salad with spinach, mushroom,a tiny bit of mozzarella, half a tomato, teaspoon of cottage cheese, cucumber,green pepper and a splash of apple cider vinegar as a dressing, my mmol 2 hrs after eating its come up as 8.7mmol which is above what it should be what has set it off the only things I can think of is the mozzarella or cottage cheese, ? Should I worry everytime it goes over what it states it should be ? Thank you View attachment 41913
Hi welldone@ are you any medications also what was your HbAC1 at diagnosis

davd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi my hbac1 level was 90 and on metaformin
I too was diagnosed T2 end of March with a reading of 90 same as you but put on Glimepiride instead of metaformin.
At start my meter readings were up at 13 but over 5 weeks got it down to between 4 and 5.5 but it took 5 weeks and low carbing ,in fact I have taken myself of medication as some days I went to 4 and didn’t feel well , haven’t told doctor yet.
Now after 3 weeks of no meds BG is between 5.5and 6.8 every day .
So as buzzer said it takes a bit of time but it does come down

Reactions: Buzzer81