Hello everyone

Borobob

I'm an accu chek combo insulin pump user but I'm considering switching to a medtronic 670g. Has anyone been on both these machines? Reading what other people say on YouTube and internet it seems that theres lots of issues with the 670g. Some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dexta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve never used an AccuChek pump but I started on my M670g last November. I suspect the internet reviews you refer to are mainly from the earlier software edition which triggered many nuisance alarms. My experience is that it’s not quite as automated as some would have you believe. If I do active gardening or go for a walk when I’m in target range and I have insulin on board then I would most likely approach hypo range despite its higher Temp Target setting, but it does warn you so you can take corrective action eg. sweets. So the automatic function which I’m in 98% of the time doesn’t always compensate for the greater peaks and troughs I might give it during the day. However, on more routine days and particularly at night I find it’s excellent at keeping me near its target 6.7mmols so no sleepless nights. I get very reliable results from the Guardian 3 CGM and my recent Hba1c was 6.2 with no hypos. Generally I’m very happy with it.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm on my second combo pump. I considered switching from the combo after the first one, but tried some of the Medtronic cannulas and didn't like them as much. Also, I frequently infuse meal time insulin using multiwave bolus over 15 minutes, and if I remember correctly the shortest time Medtronic would give a split bolus over was 30 minutes. It's a while ago, so I could be wrong on this. Thirdly, i wanted my target blood levels set lower than 6.7 and there's no flexibility with Medtronic when the pump is automatically correcting blood levels. Lastly, i couldn't get the sensors on prescription, so all in all am glad I stayed with the combo, but it's very much a personal choice.