Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning. Sun is out, shall cut grass today before weather degenerates overnight. Rain forecast here in Leeds for the next 5 days at least. Some of it very heavy.
Another 15 minutes and I shall be back scanning my Libre. Phew! I got the Libre due to my need to constantly adjust basal and do above average Bolus injections to keep catching up with basal changes. Exhausting when using blood glucose strips.

Reactions: porl69 and kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, a brea from decorating this morning and some windows to clean but if it rains for the rest of the week I'll not be too disappointed :p

I put my Miaomiao back on yesterday after a week off which was refreshing not having alarms go off although they're a gamechanger when working at height, I need a shave too as my stubble's becoming more silver and my head seems to be getting bigger on the top but that's probably just the bald bit...

Quite strange out and about, some folk observing the distancing rules but a whole lot just aren't, security at the supermarket don't limit people in the shop anymore, the queue area is still there but no-one's on the door and I've not got my head around people in close proximity yet :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, sunny here but yep, set to rain later in the week. Gardening and paperwork here today.

@kev-w I haven't got my head round people in close proximity either. I collected some shopping the other day and the supermarket I went to was definitely still socially distancing very effectively. I'd been mulling over going myself until I saw how many people were ignoring social distancing at the weekend (that's not a comment on what happened but how people got so close) and I'm seeing it more where I am. Puts me off...

Reactions: kev-w
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all and wishing you a Happy Tuesday.
It's cloudy and over cast today and rain is on it's way again tomorrow.
Felt a bit rough when I got up, checked BG, Libre said 3,9 ( It showed I was low all night) and finger prick was 4.2, feeling tired, but ok.
Take care and be safe X

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, I'm busy building a roof over the platform I train on but have ground to a halt due to the roofing material not being delivered yet. Bloods not doing a great deal at the moment pretty stable, for once.

Take care everyone, and stay safe

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all!

Finally had to admit defeat and do a whizz along the high street to several shops kind of shopping trip I used to do without thinking! I'd run out or was about to run out of several key ingredients, needed individual cake cases which have been completely sold out in my usual places for weeks, and just generally start the restock of the freezer which has been off since I emptied it to clean it out a few weeks ago. I don't eat a lot of vegetarian sausage/burger type things but they are useful to have in the freezer.

I managed to get round the three shops pretty easily, felt like I was in training for slaloms as I was dodging those taking no notice of their distancing, sanitised my hands between shops, and did my customary (for this lot of shops) walk as far as the nasty hill to get the bus back. I was the only one on the bus which was pleasant.

I feel as if I've been out shopping all day and run a marathon in the process!!

I'm now sitting still testing a theory that Asda Gluten-Free Digestives are much higher carb than the packet suggests. I'd never had them before, but had a packet in for hypo/visiting gluten-free friends, and they were nearing their Best Before Date. I had a couple with some cheese midday on Sunday and Monday, did a reasonable amount of activity on both days, and have been battling horrible numbers ever since. I know I usually rise a couple of points once I arrive home after I've been walking a couple of hours, and as I've finally got back to a sensible number again, I've eaten one biscuit to see how it goes.

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning everyone.
Nice kit @slip, isn’t it great to look at a watch rather than a phone! And so much easier to cart around too.
I feel liberated by my watlaa, and its alerts. .

My Ticwatch Pro gave up the ghost a few weeks ago. And I purchased the Watlaa. I am very impressed with it to be fair. Decent price as well as being totally standalone

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not technical, so anything that works for me is a bit of trial, error and perseverance. Watlaa works fine for me as a standalone. However, I cannot connect xDrip+ to it, so it has gone back in the box. I like to see xDrip+ on the phone during the night without the need of spectacles. Loud xDrip+ alarms are great when my readings drop to two. Are you using xDrip through Watlaa?

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My Ticwatch Pro gave up the ghost a few weeks ago. And I purchased the Watlaa. I am very impressed with it to be fair. Decent price as well as being totally standalone
I'm not technical, so anything that works for me is a bit of trial, error and perseverance. Watlaa works fine for me as a standalone. However, I cannot connect xDrip+ to it, so it has gone back in the box. I like to see xDrip+ on the phone during the night without the need of spectacles. Loud xDrip+ alarms are great when my readings drop to two. Are you using xDrip through Watlaa?

Hi @ElenaP ,

I'll tag in @porl69 as I'm kind of interested to find this out too.

The price of the smart watch does look competive & the site I found suggested it could handle XDrip & Glimp.
Looks like a nice bit of kit..

What also I wanna know is, can I transmit to my phone in tandem with this watch? & have there been any connection issues with MM2 regarding this.?

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I ask is anyone using a MM or MM2 with an older phone? I have an iPhone SE which means it’s just too old for LibreView. I’d love to be able to get my readings without carting the Libre reader about all the time, I thought that wasn’t going to be possible without upgrading phones but then I saw a MM on somebody’s arm and I’ve been trying to research but it’s a bit confusing!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I ask is anyone using a MM or MM2 with an older phone? I have an iPhone SE which means it’s just too old for LibreView. I’d love to be able to get my readings without carting the Libre reader about all the time, I thought that wasn’t going to be possible without upgrading phones but then I saw a MM on somebody’s arm and I’ve been trying to research but it’s a bit confusing!
I can't answer your question on the se as I got a 7 so to scan the libre but there's 3 lots of iPhone software, tomato which is written for the miaomiao and xDrip & Spike which will work with a variety of sensors with the apple os, it 'should' work on an iPhone se as it's the Bluetooth it uses, but you'd be unable to start the sensor with the se so would need the reader for that

I'll edit that (twice) to say I happily run an iPhone 7 with the mm2 running xDrip and using Nightscout and can't see why the se wouldn't work too.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Yep, I am. But not on an Apple. I self fund the Libre & don't have a scanner.

I was using an old Galaxy S3? (7 year old phone?) initially using Glimp with the MM2 I tried XDrip & found it more stable.
Till the S3 it got glitchy & the battery went up the spout.
Then I aquired a (6 year old device?) Note 4. Great phone (I'd probably say it's quicker than my old iPad?) but battery life was Vpoor. I fixed this after getting & fitting a new battery. But you have to check the battery has the NFC arial incorporated? Or it won't scan to initialise the Libre.

It is possible to have a CGM set up without forking out for the latest device..

Reactions: ArtemisBow

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, finding it hard to get going today after a day of hypos yesterday. Some explicable, others not, and started going low on my walk this morning and now think I've overdone it in getting back in range. Such are the joys....and it's a miserable, wet, cold day here.

Hope you're all having abetter day; I'm nowhere in the tech discussion, don't have any apart from Libre.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, finding it hard to get going today after a day of hypos yesterday. Some explicable, others not, and started going low on my walk this morning and now think I've overdone it in getting back in range. Such are the joys....and it's a miserable, wet, cold day here.

Hope you're all having abetter day; I'm nowhere in the tech discussion, don't have any apart from Libre.
Same here with the lows hh1 but if i alter basal even by 1/2 a unit im high sending hugs x

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

What version ox Xdrip+ are you using? It has to be the build after Feb 7th for Watlaa to work with it. Also make sure your Watch is on version 0.5.1. You need to reset your MM and make sure your bluetooth is turned off on your phone.....then connect Watlaa to the MM and then turn your bluetooth back on your phone and on Xdrip do a bluetooth search and you should see Watlaa One on your scan results....press on the Watlaa and Bobs your Uncle :)

Reactions: kev-w

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What version ox Xdrip+ are you using? It has to be the build after Feb 7th for Watlaa to work with it. Also make sure your Watch is on version 0.5.1. You need to reset your MM and make sure your bluetooth is turned off on your phone.....then connect Watlaa to the MM and then turn your bluetooth back on your phone and on Xdrip do a bluetooth search and you should see Watlaa One on your scan results....press on the Watlaa and Bobs your Uncle :)

Thank you. I'll try that tomorrow.

Reactions: porl69