What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My art for today was Plein Air whilst out with my SIL on a 4 hour Mountain Bike Ride. I stopped and did two very quick watercolour sketches. First High above Sherbrooke Valley trail went between two Silver Birch Trees on the heathland with a view of the valley looking north, this I will now do as a proper painting with more detail.

Total painting time 10 minutes for each, SIL timed me for each one, :joyful:

View attachment 41955

The second looks odd, the fire damaged area with its burnt Silver Birch Trees is growing again, odd ferns are shooting like green umbrella handles, no other plants yet. The trees have dropped many burnt leaves in the winds and it also look autumnal. Yes my ferns look very odd but I was outside with limited kit so they are a bit large.

View attachment 41954

Thumbnail of Ferns..View attachment 41956

I like both of these @Muddy Cyclist

The first one is light and airy. It's inviting you to take a walk through the trees and into the landscape. I look forward to seeing your more detailed painting you said you were going to do.

Number two is a little surreal, but burnt landscapes look like that when they regenerate. It is full of hope with the ferns regenerating again.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quite menagerie you have let loose today, :joyful: I do like the water and reed detail, all works well even with the flying beasties.

Cloud watching is magical and very therapeutic. My youngest grandaughter of 4 years is brilliant at it she can weave mystical stories as the clouds pass, very entertaining and often bizarre.
You should give your 4 year old granddaughter and exercise book or small (hardbacked) sketchbook to write down her cloud stories @Muddy Cyclist She just needs a small pack of good quality colored crayons (and a pencil sharpener).

I couldn't write it that age but I could draw and I think I was about 5 years old and I used to draw my dreams every morning when I woke up, in this little school exercise type book.

I don't have it anymore I wish I did. But I can still recall the dreams I wrote down. I can still turn over the pages in my mind 65 years later. Anything I committed to paper whether it was words, or drawing a sketch, or a painting, I can pretty well remember them all many years later. I have a pretty good photographic memory.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.1

The weather looks half promising outside. It has been so grey dull uninteresting even coloured cloud these last couple of hours, but now the sky is lightening up, with variations of color and tiny bits of blue showing through, and that lifts my mood.

I am not sure if I'm doing a digital painting today or a pastel. I'll see how my mood takes me later.

I have begun a digital painting I started yesterday, and it's taking me 4 hours so far, but it's not finished yet. I have no idea how long it's going to take to get it to where I suddenly feel it's finished.

Have a good day.

Take care.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5,8 for me today.

No idea where today will lead me, looks bright enough outside for now so I look forward to the adventure.

I have had a text from my Health Centre saying I will only be allowed to visit wearing a mask, immediately followed by don't visit unless absolutely necessary, I'm Ok with that. Going in the loft later I'm sure I have some Norton Antivirus Discs to wear as mask as suggested by @dunelm

Keep calm and safe, find some enjoyment if you can.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You should give your 4 year old granddaughter and exercise book or small (hardbacked) sketchbook
She does this, early days at 4 years for written sentences, plenty of words under pictures though. Daughter is very creative and introduces grandaughter to many different techniques useing all sorts of materials, lots of input she's a lucky kid.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She does this, early days at 4 years for written sentences, plenty of words under pictures though. Daughter is very creative and introduces grandaughter to many different techniques useing all sorts of materials, lots of input she's a lucky kid.
That is brilliant @Muddy Cyclist
I am so pleased her creativity is being nurtured. It will stand her in good stead later in life.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a cool but bright Breckland semi outpost of the USA. My fbg today was 4.9- since that is Libre it is too high IMHO. The fabulous Miss Dawn Phenomenon had strutted her stuff by 6.05, possibly feeling she was helping me for another 27.5k step day. In all probability more food is needed but I really don't enjoy most of the F part of LCHF. @jjraak I read that link so thanks. The low percentage of the UK wearing face masks compared to elsewhere jumped out at me. Also, I want to be as supportive as possible but: it really strains the sinews of my credulity to accept that Johnson feels any sympathy or shame for racism and its appalling effects in the uk. His writings, rhetoric and the zeitgeist of the faction he plays to are the worst this country can offer. He also looked like a scarecrow last night showing scant respect. Your mileage may vary but the optics were awful. The message is the medium IMHO.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Playing on my my sound system is " Comfortably Numb " by Plank Flooreds Dave Gilmore which sums how I feel about the criticism of how good or bad.... (your choice ) our elected government is handling this pandemic.

A 7.0 on the meter of naughtiness this morning.

Today will be a day of mystery till Mrs J arises from her pit / lair.
Whatever, fellow posters try to enjoy today and if things get really desperate hire a traffic wardens uniform and issue fake parking tickets on electric bicycles.

Time for koffy, alas no cake or Smith or Jones either.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Playing on my my sound system is " Comfortably Numb " by Plank Flooreds Dave Gilmore which sums how I feel about the criticism of how good or bad.... (your choice ) our elected government is handling this pandemic.

A 7.0 on the meter of naughtiness this morning.

Today will be a day of mystery till Mrs J arises from her pit / lair.
Whatever, fellow posters try to enjoy today and if things get really desperate hire a traffic wardens uniform and issue fake parking tickets on electric bicycles.

Time for koffy, alas no cake or Smith or Jones either.
one of my favourite songs alf :)

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from good prospects in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of home made dumplings nestled in a fairly spicy minced meet qeema came in at 4.8 this am

Bees. We do seem to have a lot more bees visiting our garden than in previous years, or am I just noticing more in the garden than previously. Mrs Miggins arrive home yesterday after a weekend looking after her sister, arriving ladened with plants. So, lots of supervising from me from a distance further than the length of a swiftly moving garden cane.

More inspiring artwork on show during the past 24 hrs, thank you @geefull, @Muddy Cyclist and @gennepher for adding some colour and interest to our day.

An interesting view on this past weekend’s protests can be read here: https://www.effiedeans.com/2020/06/the-unforgivable-sin.html
Have the very best day that you can, decide to be nice. Koffy time

Update: I have decided to remove the link to the video that I posted as on second thoughts it was maybe not suited to this forum. Ta!

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.40am FBG 5.8 probably DP in action. Woke earlier but went back to sleep after disturbed night. Was cold. Shivering. BG 4.9 then. Made lemon tea, extra blanket but still took ages to warm up enough to sleep again.
Thought about going to market, but don't have the energy for 20k bike ride. Might be another lazy day.
Perhaps a bit of pottering in the garden.
Housework meh.

Have to agree with Terence Williams (above) on a lot of what he says. We are indeed only responsible for our own actions. Which is a fact the so-called protesters seem to be ignoring, when they allow protest to turn into anti social behaviour.

Reactions: karen8967

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning everyone, hope you all had a good weekend, my unstable readings have now become stable! Doomy must be having a break, wake up to a 5.1 through the day 6 and then go to bed on a 4.9, I'll take that for a while. Been busy building a roof to go over my platform I train on but have ground to a halt until the roofing material is delivered, so I'll actually do some work that I get paid for!

Take care everyone and stay safe.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Ps.. nice to see the cats back..x @jjraak i do enjoy her company, but circumstances have changed. When we moved out here we were thinking 4 years minimum, since Covid -19 its looking likely we will be back in UK for the winter...and what will she do then? She has some health issues, so if sent to a "sanctuary" they might put her to sleep. Taking her with us is simply not an option, we would probably be back in France before her quarantine (£££) had finished. and probably traumatise an exceptionally nervous animal as well. Its possible someone else is feeding her besides me, after all she has apparently been around here for some years, but I have no way of finding out without a much better command of the language, and house to house enquiries in the neighbouring villages. At least three are within easy cat travelling distance. Its begining to worry me.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chune for those struggling to find the exercise bike/rowing machine/cross trainer or do the steps now.
I came upon it as a soundtrack to a 6th form leavers video so timely

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
It is a digital one !
It has taken me 5 hours thus far!!!!
FEAD4843-9FFB-4BB0-A832-2E36DB2D1D0E.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those living in London, @jjraak et al. I have just received this email. May be useful:

As the Government eases lockdown and we start to reopen London, we want to help you plan your journeys.

If you have to travel, consider including walking or cycling if you can. To help plan your walking or cycling journey, take a look at our:
Digital cycle map
Walking tube map journey times
List of walking steps between stations

We're working closely with London boroughs and the City of London Corporation, changing town centres, building new cycleways and creating low traffic neighbourhoods across London. Some streets are being converted to walking and cycling only, with others restricted to all traffic apart from buses. This will also create more space for social distancing and help reduce road danger. In addition, more Santander Cycles will also be available at key areas.

In line with the Government advice, everyone who can work from home should continue to do so and we would still ask you to continue to avoid public transport, where possible.

We thank you again for all your help as we work together to keep everyone safe.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Macleod
Director of Customer and Revenue

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

the promised rain has stayed away so far so we were able to cut the grass at mum's when we went to pick up her shopping list :)
We also got the green stuff we strimmed down raked up ready to be despatched so I think we've got our quota of walking done for today ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - I thought the foreground of yesterday's pastel was very effective and today's digital painting has some lovely subtle colour variations and quite an 'impasto' feel :joyful:

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting sketch no 1 and I look forward to seeing how you develop it in your painting. Number 2 is also interesting but quite sobering, regeneration can seem so fragile when it begins.

Art catch up -
inspired by Paul Steven Bailey. He has a way of handling foreground that I like.

upload_2020-6-9_18-36-39.jpeg

no 2 - sunset evening, the sea was very calm and quite a muted reflective blue grey :)
upload_2020-6-9_18-39-43.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967