What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,

@Debandez -- Happy belated birthday.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the break in. Must feel horrible having someone violate your home.
@karen8967 -- Hugs for the break-in in your son's van. Happened to my husband too, only difference the tools taken weren't quite as valuable. Does he have insurance to replace them?

Blood sugars this morning were 5.1.
Thanks ziggy nice to see you back not sure over the insurance as tools left in van x

Reactions: ziggy_w

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello all,

@Debandez -- Happy belated birthday.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the break in. Must feel horrible having someone violate your home.
@karen8967 -- Hugs for the break-in in your son's van. Happened to my husband too, only difference the tools taken weren't quite as valuable. Does he have insurance to replace them?

Blood sugars this morning were 5.1.
welcome back

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 this morning!!! I’d better sign off quickly before I type the rude words I’m thinking.

Reactions: philchap1

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the welcome back, @ianpspurs. Have been quite busy at work for quite some time, with the extra work load due to virtual teaching and filling in for a colleague who's left a couple of years ago.

Some great fasting levels for you lately.
Hi Ziggy :) great to see you here.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.9- since that is Libre it is too high IMHO but a fair chunk of Dawn The Phenomenal in that being after 6 am and having 27.5k steps in the legs from yesterday. Hugs to those with unexplained higher levels.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Libre says 3.3 this morning, finger prick gives a higher reading of 4.4 Think I'll go with the prickometer this morning.

Keep meaning to say welcome back @ziggy_w
Are those readings ok for you, @JohnEGreen ? I would feel ill with anything under 4.
However, chance would be a fine thing... I have an unexplained 7.9 this morning, and after an hour walking still 7.8
No rhyme or reason to this. Expecting by 1:00pm will be back to low 5s where it will remain until tomorrow morning.

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Pipp Not really felt pretty shaky and unsteady on my feet this morning the libre is showing me pretty low during the night I am really uncertain as to whats going on I think the prednisolone is taking a holiday or as it only stays in your system about 16 hours with a half life of about 3 to 4 hours maybe in the night it's losing it's effect as my MG seems to be on a bit of a flare up as well.

I may change the times of my preds so I have some in the morning and then in the evening.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.1 this morning. A little low but not as disconcerting as my new Libre sensor which sat on 'lo' for 24 hours (despite my finger pricks reading between 5 and 10). But it has just switched into life, the minute I thought about phoning Abbott to organise a replacement.

Dave876

Mine just said low glucose with a warning triangle ,couldnt even be bothered to give a number!
Breakfast was a slice of toast and a cup of tea no sugar and it was 12+ its obviously working?
It doesnt matter what the number is i dont see any difference in myself ,perhaps i was misdiagnosed?
I was told i had it put on metformin and thats the last thing i have been told

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning crew. Today Libre showed 4.3 as an fbg. I know that is not "real" but finger pricks have never matched A1c either. Libre is easier and far more motivating. Ultimately, A1c will give me a calibration and since I don't use insulin or hypo the accuracy is not crucial.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 which is better than yesterday I guess.
@JohnEGreen sounds like you are having a tough time at the moment, it must be really hard juggling the two conditions.
@Dave876 yours is a very familiar story - same happened to me, so I’m very glad I found this site and have been able to educate myself. You probably won’t feel any different at the moment but if your numbers are constantly high it will be gradually causing you harm. Maybe swap the toast for eggs?