Strange Head Feeling

Larry1985

Am I depressed? Is metformin doing this or is it my body getting "used" to lower bsls? I have no idea but my head feels bad and dizzy and my ears ring and yes, I take Vitamin B A and C and cod liver oil =( can anyone help?

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Am I depressed? Is metformin doing this or is it my body getting "used" to lower bsls? I have no idea but my head feels bad and dizzy and my ears ring and yes, I take Vitamin B A and C and cod liver oil =( can anyone help?
Hi
Is the ringing in the ears recent or long term? I suffered for years before being told I had tinnitus and now have hearing aids which produce white noise to distract from the tinnitus, providing you wear the aids. Headaches could be stress and frankly who isn’t stressed at the moment? I get bad headaches and have had dizziness almost constantly for for past two years and nothing has made it any better. I’ve been on metformin since diagnosis four years ago and I don’t personally think the headaches and dizziness and tinnitus are connected. Have you spoken to your GP?
hope this helps.

Reactions: Larry1985

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

I see that just a few weeks ago you posted that your glucose levels were 28mmol. What are they now? How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Larry1985

Hi both, thank you for replying.

The ringing of the ears is on and off, sometimes for a couple of hours and then sometimes minutes, or it seems anyway. The dizziness also comes and goes and when its present, I feel a depression and sadness.

My bsls since taking metformin have never gone higher than 7mmol and all today, its not gone higher than 4.9, on average its 5.0 and ill attach a screenshot of what the web page suggest my hba1c is now. Thanks again, its so helpful to be able to get advice in lockdown

Kr

Larry
Screenshot_20200604-212810_Firefox.jpg

Amborg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
When my blood sugar goes out of whack, aka higher than what my body is used to now, I feel similar. Light headed, dizzy and my body feels a bit tingly. I immediately check my blood sugar and try to react in some way, walk or being more physically active.

Stephen Lewis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrites, liars, donald trump (no capitals for emphasis)
I sometimes get light headed when my bg is dropping, not always when it is going very low. At the moment I am trying to maintain an A1c of below 6.5 that I got to with a lot of weight-lifting. I am lucky to have a Freestyle Libre so can quickly check to see if the feelings are bg or something else. 6 months ago I got light headed with a FL reading of below 4 now it happens at 5.5. so I ignore the sensation and it goes away usually within half an hour.
But - we cannot diagnose and you should see a doctor. This could also be blood pressure or another cause.