Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Hello everyone, hope you are all keeping well and safe!

I've discussed with my consultant about starting Liraglutide, I will be starting it next week. I am just wondering if there are any other Type 1 diabetics who are on this medication too? How have you got on with it?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you taking this to lose weight otherwise I would question why you are taking it? Are you also reducing your carbs as part of your diet?

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
karen8967 & Daibell, it is normally for type 2 but my consultant mentioned it and we have talked about how it could help me along with the pros and cons but I really wanted to try it. It's worth me trying it if helps with my diabetes and weight lose, mainly the weight loss as then I'd need less insulin. Over the next few weeks when I start it, I will be speaking to a diabetic nurse and how I can change my carb ratio. X

Reactions: KB1978

G.G.

karen8967 & Daibell, it is normally for type 2 but my consultant mentioned it and we have talked about how it could help me along with the pros and cons but I really wanted to try it. It's worth me trying it if helps with my diabetes and weight lose, mainly the weight loss as then I'd need less insulin. Over the next few weeks when I start it, I will be speaking to a diabetic nurse and how I can change my carb ratio. X
Hello- I know this is an old post, but wondered how you did on Victoza? I'm T1D and am considering taking it, mainly for weight loss. Thanks