Injected wrong insulin

Bon83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This morning ive only gone and done something I've never done before. Ive injected 7 units of novo rapid not 7 units of levermir. Ive tried to eat 70 grams of carbs - will it be ok has anyone done this before

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Plenty of people have done it before
Just make sure you do have your Levemir otherwise your sugar levels will rise through the day - as long as you've eaten enough to deal with the Novorapid it'll be fine - though I would keep an eye on your levels anyway

Reactions: Bon83

Bon83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plenty of people have done it before
Just make sure you do have your Levemir otherwise your sugar levels will rise through the day - as long as you've eaten enough to deal with the Novorapid it'll be fine - though I would keep an eye on your levels anyway
I've eaten the carbs, and sitting still lol thank you :)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
This morning I was injecting what I thought was my basal when I realised that that the pen was the wrong colour. Fortunately, I was pushing the cap down slowly and managed to stop halfway through, so in effect, only giving myself a bit more bolus than I would have done for breakfast anyway. All good fun.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
There are not many type 1s that have not done this..... You have done the right thing by eating the carbs to go with your NovoSluggish. Will agree with @Rokaab in saying to do your Levemir as well else you will have rising BGs. Keep a close eye on your BGs for the next few hours

Reactions: Bon83