Advice needed regarding trying for a baby

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats great that you’ve got such support :) and you’re right that it’s never going to be 100% safe anyway, even for non-diabetics, so you’ve just got to weigh up the risks on all sides and work out what’s best for you.
Good luck, lovely!!
Yeah I am so lucky, I'm glad you've got great support too. It definitely helps!
Exactly, sometimes life is to short and if it feels right for you then go with it

I think that as they've opened up fertility centres again its getting better. I hate that diabetes can define people and I have always lived with the moto along as I am sensible and take care I am no different and I can do what everyone else does!

Good luck with it and send me a message if you ever need to chat x

Reactions: Electra Darling
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I am so lucky, I'm glad you've got great support too. It definitely helps!
Exactly, sometimes life is to short and if it feels right for you then go with it

I think that as they've opened up fertility centres again its getting better. I hate that diabetes can define people and I have always lived with the moto along as I am sensible and take care I am no different and I can do what everyone else does!

Good luck with it and send me a message if you ever need to chat x

Thank you so much, that’s really kind. Likewise if you want to chat or vent or moan or anything, feel free to message me too! Xx

Reactions: Madelinelowery

Type1of25years+

I agree, it’s horrendously depressing.

I also think you may be right that it may become more like the flu; even if we do develop a vaccine, there’s the potential that it may mutate quickly like the flu does, and a new vaccine may have to be developed every winter!

Do you have a specific pre-conception consultant or clinic? Mine is wonderful and emails me regularly to check up on me. After my next HbA1c test in a month, I’ll see what she says about TTC despite the pandemic. Like you say, this could be the new normal for a while, and if it’s looking like I’ll have to wait for years then my husband and I have already said that we’d rather try adopting instead. If that’s the case, I’d rather start sooner rather than later!
It would be amazing to hear what your pre-conception consultant says re TTC? All I got was a generic letter strongly advising me not to try for a pregnancy ....which hasn’t stopped us (too old, too depressing to!) but instead has just made me super anxious for months!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It would be amazing to hear what your pre-conception consultant says re TTC? All I got was a generic letter strongly advising me not to try for a pregnancy ....which hasn’t stopped us (too old, too depressing to!) but instead has just made me super anxious for months!!

I’ll speak to her in a couple of weeks’ time and let you know what she says then :) I agree it’s so depressing to hold off, and the longer it continues the more I feel that we might as well just give it a go because normality won’t return for ages anyway!

Reactions: Madelinelowery