Lying on Libre

Nat...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put on my first sensor today and I'm really loving it but I'm scared that when I lie on it or sleep on it I'm going to knock it off.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I put on my first sensor today and I'm really loving it but I'm scared that when I lie on it or sleep on it I'm going to knock it off.

I’ve not had that happen yet. Some people stick tegaderm or other coverings over the top to prevent accidents but I’ve found they stick pretty firm.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I've not lost a sensor to date. However i place them inside the arm.

Just need to be careful with the ol' huggy stuff..

C

CelalDari

Yeah I was kind of nervous with it at first and felt uncomfortable when putting my arm down. You really get used to it. You learn to ignore it and get used to it. Sometimes I don't even feel it on my arm and actually get worried that it might've fallen off. The adhesive is really strong. It appears as if the sticker gets loose every time you shower but when removing the sensor I recognise how strong the adhesive is

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had mine for 2 months now, it's ok at night. However garden shed door and sensor didn't get on well the other week, also as seen on other forums, sensors and doorways are an issue. I took off one sensor, it was really uncomfortable. It's much more comfortable on one arm than the other.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm on my second sensor, the first one I put on the outside of my arm and it stayed on pretty well, I have a habit of walking into door frames so the odds were against me :hilarious: this one I put on the inside just to see what I prefer. I got some tegaderm patches but haven't needed them so far.