Visited a clinic due to panic attack.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had visited a clinic today as i have been having severe panic attack.
Had chest pain, so I had to undergo echo 2d again. Are here any health workers who have experience with how risky it is to be in hospitals during this time. I was in the hospital for 2 hours. I took shower as soon as i reached home. But i did not use any soap. Now i read that soap is important to clear the virus or it doesn't wash away.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Veryanxious

I am sorry that you had a panic attack and had to go to the clinic.

If you have a look at the world health organisation website, they give general information on what does and does not kill the virus, and the measures we can all take to protect ourselves. If you find information on soap and the virus you will see that it isn't a matter of 'washing away' rather the soap breaks down the lipid layer and the virus breaks down.

Regarding your personal risk, no one can answer your question. Risk is individual to every person and every situation, depending on the amount of time, physical proximity and duration that we spend exposed to the virus.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Veryanxious

I am sorry that you had a panic attack and had to go to the clinic.

If you have a look at the world health organisation website, they give general information on what does and does not kill the virus, and the measures we can all take to protect ourselves. If you find information on soap and the virus you will see that it isn't a matter of 'washing away' rather the soap breaks down the lipid layer and the virus breaks down.

Regarding your personal risk, no one can answer your question. Risk is individual to every person and every situation, depending on the amount of time, physical proximity and duration that we spend exposed to the virus.
Yup saw it very late. I am quite worried. Not sure what to do.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yup saw it very late. I am quite worried. Not sure what to do.
There is nothing you can do at this point except hope that you did not get it, you may well be perfectly fine, I suspect the hospitals are doing their best to make sure everything is as protected as possible and not letting people in who have symptoms - and sanitising scanning machines and stuff between each patient

I had to go to a hospital clinic about 1-2 months ago (you know when it was in the middle of when it was really bad and the infection was spreading like wildfire), I did not get covid (or if I did I didn't notice), I did wash my hands afterwards with soap and water but I'd been careful to touch very little when there and they had one of those sanitiser gels type things by the exit and said you need to use that before you leave. But yes just because you went to a hospital does not mean you'll get it., they will be doing their best to try and make sure people don't pick it up whilst there

Reactions: Perminder1