Covid/Coronavirus and diabetes - the numbers

Lupf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a link to the SA study? I've tried to find it but with no success..
Me neither, I took what Campbell said at face value, he mentioned the SA government or hospitals when talking about his numbers.

Lupf

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Alas, it has been observed that on occasions , when the model / theory / hypothesis are not in agreement with data, some data are discarded. o_O
Please give a an example and quote a source, when you make such statement

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me neither, I took what Campbell said at face value, he mentioned the SA government or hospitals when talking about his numbers.
I was just quite interested in how they defined "well controlled diabetes" ...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Jamie H Just by the way and this is just my opinion but if you have a problem with something someone has posted there is a report post button you could use it and then let a mod decide on the relevance or suitability of a post it is after all their function to police the forum I for one had no adverse reaction to the post in question but found it informative after all it is a global pandemic and the relevance of what is happening around the world is not necessarily of no consequence to us and our situation I am not a child and do not wish to be kept in ignorance because it may scare me.

@Max68 thank you for your posting of the video.

Reactions: Max68

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200609-211516_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200609-211516_Chrome.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 261
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Jamie H Just by the way and this is just my opinion but if you have a problem with something someone has posted there is a report post button you could use it and then let a mod decide on the relevance or suitability of a post it is after all their function to police the forum I for one had no adverse reaction to the post in question but found it informative after all it is a global pandemic and the relevance of what is happening around the world is not necessarily of no consequence to us and our situation I am not a child and do not wish to be kept in ignorance because it may scare me.

I have just watched the video and found it very interesting learning about the risks of COVID-19 in different parts of the world. In 2018, I found out that I have a niece in Africa.
I would of liked more info regarding diabetes ie the different types or age etc as it wasn't specified.

Tannith

BANNED
Don't think this is useful or helpful. Back to the old rhetoric of generalisations around diabetes. There is a very detailed study available via NHS England that looked in significant depth at covid and diabetes, its been talked about at length on this forum. Far greater and more detailed than these two lines on a video.

It is broken down into far more detail than just controlled and uncontrolled diabetes. It includes parameters such as as age, other conditions, hba1c level, weight and what type of diabetes you have.

The purpose of the study was to inform people of their own risk factors as much as possible... This is the opposite and is far too generalised.

Also best to look at a study using our own population and health service rather than one from SA
"There is a very detailed study available via NHS England that looked in significant depth at covid and diabetes "Please provide link

Jamie H

I'm not a child either.. So won't be reporting anyone for having a different opinion to my own. This is a forum.. Its not a platform to massage people's ego or agree with everything they post. It's not personal I just didn't think the video was helpful. You think it was useful.. That's also fine. I didn't ask the individual to remove it

Max68

Please let's all get on, after all we are all in the same boat and on the same side! :) Last thing I would want to do is scare anyone as I'm not particularly comfortable with the situation myself! I find Dr John Campbell a great voice of reason and honesty and extremely informative within all the confusion and have done since back in February hence posting a video of "interest" from I think a reliable source. One thing I like about him is that he will fully admit he has been wrong or apologises if any information he has posted is incorrect, hence why I watch him.

If anyone is interested in the studies he discusses the I would highly recommend that they subscribe to his channel on You Tube and that is probably the best way I can keep everyone happy!! ;);)

Jamie H

Please let's all get on, after all we are all in the same boat and on the same side! :) Last thing I would want to do is scare anyone as I'm not particularly comfortable with the situation myself! I find Dr John Campbell a great voice of reason and honesty and extremely informative within all the confusion and have done since back in February hence posting a video of "interest" from I think a reliable source. One thing I like about him is that he will fully admit he has been wrong or apologises if any information he has posted is incorrect, hence why I watch him.

If anyone is interested in the studies he discusses the I would highly recommend that they subscribe to his channel on You Tube and that is probably the best way I can keep everyone happy!! ;);)
Well said but think it's healthy to disagree too. If I didn't do so respectfully then of course I aplogise. But don't think there's any need to be reporting people just because you don't agree with something they post . It's all about healthy debate! And you're right we're all on the same side

lindisfel

Expert
Ancel Keyes must have got his diet right, he lived c.100 years.

I am not sure we always get the full picture!
We certainly are not atm with the briefings.

With China starting on a second wave and it looks like the States are as well we need to be super careful.

Btw, I quite enjoy John Cambell's approach and videos.
He is a genuine guy, I met him some years ago and his dedication and empathy are sterling qualities.
D.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people