What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Today...

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and kimchi on the side
Lunch: Actimel drink and a bit of cheese
Dinner: big salad - quorn savoury eggs, grated cheese, cold boiled eggs, lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, spring onions and a few Jersey Royal potatoes in melted butter

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Anyine else having forum weirdness??? Struggling to post and nothing looks quite right!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm

I'm alright with Amitriptyline as long as I take it no less than three hours before I go to bed otherwise i get a hangover from it the next day. I've been taking it for years and every now and then I wonder if it actually works so have a night without to test it and, yes, it definitely works.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be? It was my birthday the other day and this arrived in the post - I know I didn't buy it but, before I ring around to say thank you to the person who bought it, I really need to know what it is.

View attachment 42048

It looks like a cheese mould or maybe a tofu press. The image was very small and my laptop really didn't want to load it - had to go out and back in to the web site to get it at all. And I have been having some difficulties with the site recently - don't know why - it works eventually, but is being very slow.

Haven't eaten anything today yet - don't really want to stand up to prepare food - one foot is excruciatingly painful for some reason. Can't put on a slipper or shoe so I'm wearing only a couple of pairs of thick socks to keep my feet warm. I suppose I'll just have to put up with it and make something for brunch. Maybe standing on one leg - then I'll really be sore because I'll probably fall over!

Reactions: maglil55

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@DJC3 glad you’re safely back home but hope you’re able to sort the insurance soon
@Chook no idea what that is. Forum also weird here - and down some of the day too.

Two meals today. The first unplanned. Out walking and found myself very hungry. Wasn’t far from Canary Wharf, where Nando’s is open for click and collect. Placed an order and found a table outside a (closed) bar to eat in the sun (see pic). Bliss.

Dinner was slow cooked lamb breast with butter, rosemary and garlic. Stuck it in the air fryer for a few minutes to crisp up the top. Yum.

A3D2AE62-CF1C-4D77-9C51-37D24BA0C138.jpeg
290B26E9-C6D0-4F43-9BC0-9917A12790C5.jpeg
F84BFF33-128B-487C-8BCC-457DB277846C.jpeg

Attachments

• 758BBC55-184C-4FE2-BADD-65414730D98A.jpeg
    758BBC55-184C-4FE2-BADD-65414730D98A.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 269

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@DJC3 glad you’re safely back home but hope you’re able to sort the insurance soon
@Chook no idea what that is. Forum also weird here - and down some of the day too.

Two meals today. The first unplanned. Out walking and found myself very hungry. Wasn’t far from Canary Wharf, where Nando’s is open for click and collect. Placed an order and found a table outside a (closed) bar to eat in the sun (see pic). Bliss.

Dinner was slow cooked lamb breast with butter, rosemary and garlic. Stuck it in the air fryer for a few minutes to crisp up the top. Yum.

View attachment 42051View attachment 42053View attachment 42054

drooling

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm

I'm alright with Amitriptyline as long as I take it no less than three hours before I go to bed otherwise i get a hangover from it the next day. I've been taking it for years and every now and then I wonder if it actually works so have a night without to test it and, yes, it definitely works.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be? It was my birthday the other day and this arrived in the post - I know I didn't buy it but, before I ring around to say thank you to the person who bought it, I really need to know what it is.

View attachment 42048
It's a Tofu box mould for home made Tofu. You usually get a cheesecloth with it too. It's similar to the moulds they have in Lakeland for ricotta except they tend to be round.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's a Tofu box mould for home made Tofu. You usually get a cheesecloth with it too. It's similar to the moulds they have in Lakeland for ricotta except they tend to be round.

Maglil55 you are an absolute mine of information! I would never have guessed but now you’ve said it, I recognise it.
@Chook I’m looking forward to seeing your homemade tofu!

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I bet the Nando’s was good, I had an email saying they were open for C&c on the day we left! No branches in Cornwall sadly.

Another busy day, trying to shift and sort some of the mountain of stuff we bought with us. Daughter was poking around one box laughing her head off at the random selection of stuff: a fly swat, barbecue cleaning brush and an old pipe to name a few. I think I was in a manic phase and just chucking everything in by then.

Today’s food easy - nothing til 16:30 then a lump of cheese.
Dinner will be lamb chops with roast veg We collected a whole lamb ( butchered thankfully) from a farm in a neighbouring village.
Also bought duck eggs - they have loads of ducks and usually sell to restaurants but of course you can’t tell ducks to stop laying for a few months.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I might have missed a couple of days.... we dont have to do this every day do we?
Have been trying skipping breakfast and has been OK mostly. Was surprised by 3 lb weight loss this week so maybe it does work for me
But today did yoga session then an hours gardening and was very dizzy everytime I stood up.
For lunch tried a recipe from keto site of a tuna melt. One tin of tuna mashed or blitzed with an egg and half a teaspoon of baking powder. Microwave 3 -4 minutes or oven for 15. Toast or add cheese and melt. Was very tasty and only took minutes if using microwave.
Got dizzy and sweaty after eating so spent next 2 hours sat down. All better now and have done a walk. Will watch the dizziness as it seems to have been building over past few days...but liking skipping breakfast if it means I lose weight.

Btw, did anyone notice I lost 3 lbs the week I sneaked in a hot cross bun?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
We collected a whole lamb ( butchered thankfully)
An unbutchered lamb is way more fun but you'd have had to find something else to eat while playing with it :hilarious:

I'll have day 4 of a nice mixed veg and black bean sauce dish with spicy peanut sauce. Sadly, the marinated tofu accompanying it on the first two days and the meat I had with it on day 3 are gone so a fried egg will have to do. Day 4 of the same dish is always disappointing but I'm not prepared to throw good food away.

Still, it's a win. Neighbour just shouted out to me in the garden I should come over to share their meal of yummy nacho's and beans, and I managed to happily yell back 'No thanks! I already have my food prepared!'.
Diabetes has been acting weird the last 3 days and I thought it wiser to not complicate things with nacho's and beans. Still not sure if I should be proud or if I'm an idiot for declining a very attractive meal. Perhaps it's both :)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Trying to keep up with fluid levels, but not keen to get up and make tea, or even draw water at the sink.
I'm not starving, but think I'll have something to stop me feeling hungry later, when I have to be at a web meeting. Just pulled some of the goulash from the other day, out of the freezer - first thing I came across. It's pork again, but who cares?
I

Reactions: Chook and maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still at Mum’s, home tomorrow in time for daughters 21st birthday on Monday, then heading back down south for Dad’s funeral on Wednesday :(
Breakfast: strawberries and cream with black coffee.
Elevensies: black coffee and a birthday cake phd bar.
Lunch:2 x Babybels followed by Greek yoghurt and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with mixed veggies followed by SF jelly, raspberries and cream.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox hope your daughters 21st birthday goes well - lovely that you’re able to go and celebrate with her enjoy and safe journey home.
@DJC3 pleased you’re back safe in Cornwall and hope that you manage to sort out sale soon - sounds like a lot to sort out
@Goonergal your Nando’s chicken looks amazing - very jealous.
@Antje77 its difficult when you’re offered food and you’re not sure what impact it will have on your bgs. I find it the hardest aspect of managing my diabetes type two via diet is not being able to be spontaneous re food offers!
Breakfast just coffee with cream
Lunch cheese omelette followed by 4 100% choc buttons with coffee and cream
Dinner chicken curry with lc seeded crackers and glass of gin and soda water ( its national gin day so it had to be gin!) followed by raspberry mousse with cream

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox hope your daughters 21st birthday goes well - lovely that you’re able to go and celebrate with her enjoy and safe journey home.
@DJC3 pleased you’re back safe in Cornwall and hope that you manage to sort out sale soon - sounds like a lot to sort out
@Goonergal your Nando’s chicken looks amazing - very jealous.
@Antje77 its difficult when you’re offered food and you’re not sure what impact it will have on your bgs. I find it the hardest aspect of managing my diabetes type two via diet is not being able to be spontaneous re food offers!
Breakfast just coffee with cream
Lunch cheese omelette followed by 4 100% choc buttons with coffee and cream
Dinner chicken curry with lc seeded crackers and glass of gin and soda water ( its national gin day so it had to be gin!) followed by raspberry mousse with cream

Have to agree about the difficulty of spontaneous eating. I think the way I eat is very easy but to most people it’s complicated. I have to keep reminding myself that it wasn’t easy to begin with - it was a minefield and a very steep learning curve.
The girls were happy earlier as their favourite pizza place is opening for c&c I kept quiet as I don’t want to be a party pooper but I think I’ll be busy that night.
Didn’t know it was national gin day - thanks for the excuse!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.9 FBG 6.5 - had a couple of surges today to the high 8's but been a bit chesty thanks to a very damp, misty day and these flaming sinuses. @Annb - are you OK? You sound a bit down. Don't know if that's because I'm feeling off and am really fed up with this bug. @DJC3 - You'll be glad to be back in Cornwall. I'm a kitchen gadget freak. Cooking has always been my "relaxation" so I do have and know about loads of cooking things. I've also had quite a few gadgets before they became fashionable. Most people bring back maybe clothes/shoes/bags from holiday. Me? I buy kitchen things!
B. Hungry this morning so TAG and a couple of the GF seeded crackers with Dairylea. Later, 1 tomato sausage, slice GF black pudding and a fried egg (another double yolk).
L. Wandered over to Lidls as I'd run out of their protein noodles. Felt a bit queasy when I got back so had a couple of Lotus biscuits.
D. Cajun chicken escalope with a few veggie chips and a salad of avocado & tomato.

Feeling a bit better again thankfully. @Goonergal - lovely looking lamb and a beautiful looking day in London.

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In this case I know what impact it would've had: Being on insulin means I could've managed to keep reasonable levels, but not without 6 to 8 hours of hard work, multiple corrections with insulin and using up test strips alongside my Libre like they were going out of fashion!

As it is, I'm happy I declined today, with my bg hovering around 6 an hour after my boring meal :)
I'm also very happy insulin gives me this choice; on another day I might choose the social eating and the work that comes with it.
Being a (mainly) diet controlled T2 must be even more frustrating in situations like this.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Maglil55 you are an absolute mine of information! I would never have guessed but now you’ve said it, I recognise it.
@Chook I’m looking forward to seeing your homemade tofu!

So am I - never gonna happen.... Now just to work out who had it sent....

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3