Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Por69
I cannot work out how to see the version of xDrip+ I have. I have it set on automatic renewal though, and have pressed Check for updated version. I only managed to set up xDrip+ over a year ago by following instructions that an excellent chap called Scott-C gave as an answer to someone else’s question. However, Nightscout upload keeps failing ever since. So I must have done something incorrectly.
I’ve followed your advice for Watlaa, and xDrip appears to connect to Watlaa because in System Status/BT Device/Bluetooth Collector Status/Device Mac Address shows numbers for Watlaa. Watlaa version is 0.5.1. However, xDrip Screen still says Signal Missed… and no glucose readings appear on my phone.

Hi Elena,

@porl69 may just have his own views on this. But in the meantime.

Have you tried going into settings, then "less common settings," & checking the tick box where I have arrowed in the screenshot below?

That may help..

2020-06-12 23.30.36.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 do your needs not vary from day today. Some days I do 4 injections. Yesterday 8 as I kept rising.
@becca59 yes my needs do vary though not, I think, as much as some people's. When I make a correction, I don't, despite having a new needle for each meal, change the needle so that means I always know whether I've bolused for a meal.

Morning all, hope all your bgs stay steady and you're doing something nice this weekend.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thank you for mentioning the Watlaa alarms. I shall play with the alarms this evening if I can settle my (seriously disabled) husband in bed early enough. Thus far I get either vibrations in Watlaa watch or sound on my phone.
I think watlaa only does vibrations. I can sometimes get sound on the phone as well as watlaa vibrations but I’m neither tech enough or even worried enough to find out why: I just happy if I get an alert.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all. I woke with a numb, well fairly numb, right arm having slept awkwardly. First big mug of tea, in bed, is the best! This morning my numb-ish arm spilt the whole lot over the bedclothes. Much cursing, and mopping, and stripping of bedding, but bloods remained steady even if my arm and temper weren’t.
Have a better day than I have, so far, everyone.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning all. I woke with a numb, well fairly numb, right arm having slept awkwardly. First big mug of tea, in bed, is the best! This morning my numb-ish arm spilt the whole lot over the bedclothes. Much cursing, and mopping, and stripping of bedding, but bloods remained steady even if my arm and temper weren’t.
Have a better day than I have, so far, everyone.

The day can only get better FG, sending you a virtual ((((((( hug))))))) :)
Best cup of tea is the first one of the morning, so welcoming and refreshing too, a great start to the day ( well, normally it is) :oops::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning, it's a dull start to the day, but a sunny happier start on a 4.9, bit of a dull headache though, may take a couple of tablets if it doesn't ease off.
Happy Sunday and have a safe one :)

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning everyone, thank you for all the hugs!
Today’s tea has been drunk without incident. Very appreciated too, it’s a hard call which are better, the tea or the hugs: I think there’s a tie finish.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Washing’s out, watlaa’s recharging, windows open on a warmly refreshing outdoors which is still shining after the rain, cakes baked - well tbh overbaked - ready for today’s socially distanced meeting with older daughter, so at the moment all’s well with the world, and we may go with her and her bf to the orchid filled woodland husband and I went to last week. It’s a joy, and they’ve a short season.

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning, it's a dull start to the day, but a sunny happier start on a 4.9, bit of a dull headache though, may take a couple of tablets if it doesn't ease off.
Happy Sunday and have a safe one :)
Hope your headache lifts Robs and you have a happy day.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, 5.3 waking and I slept in :) I should be wallpaper hanging in the bathroom this afternoon I hope but the preparation work's about done, yesterday morning was a shock, at 06.45 while filling the kettle I found I had little water pressure and you've not seen a bloke sprint upstairs as fast as I did to check my pipework :p but the local radio announced a pipe burst in the locality which was a relief as I'm working above my brand new kitchen ceiling :p

Aiming for a slow rise today as I don't fancy a slow drop paperhanging ;p

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, had a lie in today as I stayed up watching Bowie films. Odd weather today, overecast and itermittent rain, but the tiniest glimpse of sun turns it into a sauna. Sitting looking at my kitchen/dining room thinking I really need a major clear up here. Stuff seems to have crept in and established itself during lockdown....have a good day all whatever you're doing

Reactions: karen8967

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Diabetnam.

Somewhat comforting to know even the most suspect of sourced COVID mask makes a very good "pop sheild" for recording. .

Ps Bs & sneezes contained. ;)

2020-06-15 02.40.45.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning I hope you are all doing well.
Awoke on a high, so keeping it in check :rolleyes:
I had a lovely few hours out yesterday afternoon out in the countryside, not to far from my home, with someone special after a few months of distancing, it was just wonderful.
A quiet day at home today, some chores to do, hopefully sit in the garden with a bit of Bee watching too.
( I have two Bee nests, one in the back garden and one in the front garden, in a small hole in the wall, near front door, where a pipe used to be(e) :D
Fascinating watching them :)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Just let the wrong cat in again, so he's out now as our cat, Pebbles, is outside on the window sill wanting to come in lol :oops::cat: