Hairy Bikers New Cook Book

MRSDUMPLIN

Hi
Really need to kick start my eating ways.
Has anyone had a look at this book? Is it worth it?
If not can you recommend something else, needs to be family friendly
Thank you x

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found that most cookbooks are too high in carbs for me. I get loads of information from the internet, just put keto in the search.

I found a good book, I will try and find a link.

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Feeling hungry! “Should you be eating that?” “ You get it because you eat wrong”
A Pinch of Nom books. Easy and delicious and you can substitute carbs!

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Diabetes Weight-Loss Cookbook: A life-changing diet to prevent and reverse type 2 diabetes
By Katie caldesi

I bought this book and apart from the title (which I dislike), the recipes are fabulous and the book is a great read.

Reactions: MRSDUMPLIN

Redshank

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is worth looking at the reviews on Amazon for this book - pretty bad!

ChristieM

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was soooo disappointed. I like the Hairy Dieters but this book is based around low fat and low calorie. There’s a pretty dismissive mention of low carb and that’s it. Bit old fashioned really. I really like Sarah Flowers sugar free books in which she gives low carb options. Justine Pattison’s books ‘xxxxx without the calories aren’t low carb but they have the nutritional values in the back of the book and most are easy to adapt. Jamie’s more recent books also have nutritional values of the recipes including the carb count, which I find useful. Annie Bell’s low carb revolution is also good.

Reactions: MRSDUMPLIN