Where to put insight

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I have the insight pump and when I used the hand set I had the pump in a bra pouch. I then hooked this on my nightie over night. I’ve now been on libre for some time and accucheck upgrades test machine which is loaded with a barrel cartridge to use as back up.

So this makes the insight test machine/handset void.
Find by me as it was incredibly slow.

So now I don’t put pump in bra pouch as it’s a lot of reaching into you’re t shirt and taking pump out of pouch faff.
If I have pockets I put it there but there’s always a risk of tubing snagging on door handles etc.
I mostly pop it in my bra. Easy to access, not idea.
Tried a belt but I’m large and they’re uncomfortable.
Could possible put it in a plastic oblong that goes onto belt but it still needs careful handling when going to the bathroom and not great with dresses and big waste bands.

Sometimes I’ve put it in a bag hanging on a lanyard. Not ideal.

Then comes the night time or being in relaxed clothing which I’m in most the time, the only place I have left is my knickers! And that’s where it is a lot of the time but then can fall out!

Any ideas?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
there is a company online from Germany selling womens and mens underwear with pockets for pumps -- Ruby Limes Brand

Reactions: megan

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @megan can't really help on where ladies might put an Insight, but I had a Combo then Insight for 8 years and tried most things. Ended up buying t-shirts with chest pocket and kept it there other than when doing sports when I put on the end of a loop around my neck. At night time when cold it would go in a chest pocket, when hot it would float free, even my current pump floats free and never in 9 years have I had any issues with it blocking or pulling out.

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Thanks. I have had my cannula pulled away from the skin at night but was awake so could remedy that straight away. Have had this happen a few times when the pump falls out of underwear as it yanks on the tubing. Going to make an across the body bag for it to go under my t shirt and see how I go. Thanks for the comments

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i have an insight and i bought a clip called niteize on amazon. I clipped that to the back of my pump and during the day i clip it to my vest top or jeans. During the night i clip it to my pjs it’s pretty sturdy and doesnt fall

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also what do you mean about ‘accu chek upgrades test machine’ I honestly hate my handset and trying to look for alternatives

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also what do you mean about ‘accu chek upgrades test machine’ I honestly hate my handset and trying to look for alternatives

Hi @IceLover ,

It possibly sounds like the Accu-Chek Mobile BG meter to me.?
The earlier ones had an internal changeable test strip "drum" that spat them out automatically to test. (My dad had one.)
Then later Roche changed the design to a to a tape cartridge with a ribbon on a cassette that you touched the drop of blood to. (Which I've had for a few years now.) No throwing away of test strips. & the attached lancet device is also self contained.

gavinbeckett

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @megan have you come across Hid-In before?
You can find them online or on Insta, I can’t post the link

I’ve been using their multi-way body bands with the Insight for the past 4+ years, day and night and have found them massively useful and comfortable.

I am now on my third set of two bands. Tend to wear one for a day or two then swap to the other and put the first through the wash. Each pair has lasted me a couple of years. I find them so much better than waistband clips.

I realise this sounds like a bit of a commercial but I promise that I’ve got no link to them at all... just a happy return customer.

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********

Yes as Jaylee says below it's the mobile all encompassing one. The lancets are attached to the side of the machine and the test area is in a barrel of 50 which automatically resets for you each time. I use that and libre mostly. Haven't used the 'old' insight handset for ages as it's so slow. My dinners gone cold and I'm half asleep by the time it's ready to deliver my bolus. Only thing is I used to wear my pump in a bra bag but now I just keep it in my bra for ease of handling as you program directly on your pump, the test machine does not go that for you. A personal choice. Just waiting for this machine and the libre to catch up and have devices that communicate with the pump