Burning Pain

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have definitely got neuropathy in my feet and part of ankles but over the last 8 months or so I have started getting a burning sting pain in my arms If say I reach to do my shoe lace feels like my skin stretches in my forearm and I get an intense burn and sting pain. Also get it in part of my upper leg and occasional muscle cramps. I really don't know if it's diabetes related or something else. Does anybody else experience this kind of pain.?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you on statins? They can have unpleasant muscular side effects.
My suggestion is that you check with a doctor.

Then that you have a read up on magnesium and potassium and salt for preventing muscle cramps.
And then, maybe have a look at B12 deficiency,
before moving on to reading up on trapped nerves and ‘nerve threading’.

obviously, I have no idea what is going on for you, and those are just a kind of scattergun spray of suggestions. There are probably many more I have not thought of.

Hope you get to the root of it!

type two paul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Are you on statins? They can have unpleasant muscular side effects.
My suggestion is that you check with a doctor.

Then that you have a read up on magnesium and potassium and salt for preventing muscle cramps.
And then, maybe have a look at B12 deficiency,
before moving on to reading up on trapped nerves and ‘nerve threading’.

obviously, I have no idea what is going on for you, and those are just a kind of scattergun spray of suggestions. There are probably many more I have not thought of.

Hope you get to the root of it!
Thanks. No not on statins and did here about the side effects. I did recently buy some Magnesium Taurate tablets but I don't feel they are helping but gonna still take them. I was hoping they would help though TBH. Got some B12 too. Yes I do need to see the Doc but I just wondered if anybody else experienced this burning/stinging type pain. The neuropathy pain in feet has always been more stabbing or a cold feet sensation.