Anyone out there a gamer?

byte83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Just woundering if anyone one on here is a gamer, I am a avid gamer, love games but not brilliant at them. Most recently played Oblivion, Batman Arkam city and just started Battlefield 3. I also love puzzle games. It would be intresting to know who and what games. (Oh and just incase you woundering I am 28 and female, not the sterotypical gamer image). :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hya byte83, i am ashamed to admit that at 59 I am a gamer, well I play some games. I was into Red Dead Redemption, grew up with cowboy films :roll: and Gran Tourismo which I have played through all it incarnations from v.1 to the current v.5.

I have also just bought Battlefield 3 and actually prefer the old version Battlefield Bad Company 2 but I havent got used to it yet so once I get to know the maps better I might change my mind.

I am finding that I am losing connection from the Battlefield 3 servers almost as often as I get to play which is very frustrating and it seems to be a global problem too, have you had any problems?

Otenba

Dislikes
peanuts, coffee, spiders, flies, bees, wasps, coffee, coffee sweets, being picked up, being ill, bad sugar levels
Yes, though more of an old school gamer (my favourite console is the Mega Drive or Genesis) considering I haven't taken as fondly to the more modern gaming options (I like my DS at least - gotta love that region free biz so I can import Japanese games and play them). I also have a particular fondness for Japanese music games - Pop'n Music, Dance Dance Revolution, Beatmania .... I love video game arcades too (I make a point of playing them when I've visited Japan - their arcades blow the UK's ones out of the water!).

Funny really, you and I are very similar - female and well I turn 27 this year but that's not far off lol.

Don't think I've seen you around the forum before so just in case - welcome to the forum!

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
Loving Battlefield 3 :)

Was a big fan of Bad Company 2, but was time for something new to play. I've pre-ordered MW3, but to be honest, I can't see myself getting into it too much since Battlefield 3 is still so new.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sid said:
I am a gamer

:shock:

I would never have guessed, Sid. Not in a million years.

I'd love to start on-line gaming - but I'd end up never going to bed, and the Mrs. would absolutely kill ME! :wink:

Me and a friend got right into Gears of War a while back. Gears of War 3 looks absolutely AWESOME...

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
I'm almost 40, and up until now I've spent nearly my whole life until there playing FIFA and Madden (with a bit of GTA here and there too).

I never thought I'd get bored of it, until now my son is 10y/o and wants to play against his old man all of the time too. I can just about hold him at FIFA, but not for much longer I fear. I used to be able to play all night, but now I can't play more than 3 or 4 matches in a row without getting very tired.

I wish I had more time for computer games in my life, but (other than playing with my son), I feel guilty for wasting time if I spend an hour playing on the PS3. Being an adult sucks.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
borofergie said:
I used to be able to play all night, but now I can't play more than 3 or 4 matches in a row without getting very tired.

Sounds good to me. I might fish out Tony Hawks Pro Skater and convince the Mrs. it's the only way I can get to sleep at night... :lol:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Patch said:
Sounds good to me. I might fish out Tony Hawks Pro Skater and convince the Mrs. it's the only way I can get to sleep at night... :lol:

I might have to have a word with you wife too. A few less computer games and a bit more training for climbing big mountains I reckon :!:

You should be so tired you should be sleeping like a baby all night.

byte83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Likeing Battlefield 3, but not quiet the same as bad company (loved the characters) maybe in time will love it as much. Haven't tried it online yet as where I live the connection is bit dodgy so not brill for online stuff. Really looking forward to Skyrim, where no doubt I will spend many many hours.
Patch gears of war 3 is brilliant, have only played a few hours of it (as no xbox) on brother in laws xbox while babysitting.
Thanks for welcome Otenba, have been on forum for alittle while but not posted much.
Its great to hear I am not the only adult gamer about. Here only brother in law is gamer, (is good as he buys latest games plays them fast then I buy them cheap of him) but know one else knows anything about games. What games do people want the most this xmas? For me there is long list, shame they so expensive.
Uncharted 3, MW3, Skyrim, Lego Harry Potter, Profesor Layton (new one and the one for 3DS).

adrian29459

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm a big gamer. I like to try and play the latest games on our modern systems but usually get distracted and most my time gets put into handhelds. Seems like its a busy year for titles and I'm really looking forward to Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Zelda Skyward Sword and Super Mario Land 3DS. I'm very keen on retro/90's games and always enjoy revisiting a classic Nintendo or Sega title.

I'm actually going to a games show covering all kinds of retro gaming, arcade machines to pinball machines, Atari to Xbox 360. http://www.replayexpo.com/

AndyS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also a gamer.

Current flavour of the month is Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Gears of War 3.
Of course that said, this is only when I get a chance to play when the wife is not hogging the console playing Oblivion or Fable.

If you like puzzle type games then give Portal / Portal 2 a go if you havent already.

kmwa

Dislikes
olives, stilton, salt, anti social behaviour, the wifes ex husband, oops, he's dead now.
I wish I had time for games.
I started with pong, then Atari VCS2600, then spectrum, then Amstrad PCW8256, then Amiga 500, then Amiga 1500(that's still in the shed :) ), now had PC's for years, and the latest is a quad core intel jobby, not the core I5/I7, but you know what, I aint got a single game on my PC.
I could use my sons PC, xbox 360, PS3 or his core I5 laptop, or my missis laptop, or my daughters laptop or her PC, or the xbox with kinect i bought my missis/daughter recently.
But, you know, I don't really need games, probably cos I watch too much telly :D
Mind you, I had a quick go on kinect adventures and some fitness game( the reason I bought the kinect for my missis to lose some weight lol ) to show her how to use the kinect and calibrate it, she still hasn't used it, I might stick it on my telly and borrow some of my sons games, try them lol

Kev

Alba1966

Have to admit that at 45 i'm still addicted to online games .. mostly play Everquest but have a few others such as Starcraft, WoW, Spacemarine, etc on my PC as well

crowjon

Yep I have to admit my passion. I have been a gamer from year dot (I used to be in the computer business). I am, in my late 60's now and I believe that gaming, mainly FPS or fantasy, keeps by brain and digits exercised. I have and XPOX and a PC and will build myself a new PC Gaming rig as soon as I have some spare cash. So combined with the intake of Co Q10 my brain is quite agile now :shock: :roll: .

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I firmly believe that gaming as an excellent way to excerise the brain.

byte83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great hearing from fellow gamers.
AndyS, Love Deus Ex, and yes played portal n portal 2 both brilliant. Had to nick my brother in law for couple of days to complete the co-op, my sis got very bored as I was at hers so she couldnt whatch her soaps for that time. At moment I have time to spare as lost my job to ill health, so any time I feel slightly ok I go on games (they help keep me sane and keep me from eating as I get to distracted so good for my weight). I use many froms to play games, PS3 (my favourite), 3DS, WII, laptop and ipod, so play many froms of game and have done since I first loaded a floppy disc into my Dad's PC at 3 (25 years experince shame it cant count for a job).

sayuri

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi

Just wanted to say I play WOW (world of Warcraft) and have a level 85 Mage.
I also enjoy the final fantasy series and play many games on facebook as well as playing tennis on the Wii. Btw I am 56 years old

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Fencer said:
Anyone fancy setting up a squad on BF3?

I'd be up for it Fencer if we can find an EA server that works long enough :roll: I play on PS3 BTW

My login is Sid_Bonkers naturally enough, feel free to add me to 'friends' :D