What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At home til tomorrow.
Breakfast: back to my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream :) washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and white chocolate phd bar.
Late Lunch: Babybels and a small leafy salad followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: daughter’s choice for her birthday, delivered burgers, I had chicken breast and left the bun! Followed by the thinnest slither of chocolate birthday cake!

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@maglil55 -- Glad you are feeling a little bit better, hope this was last relapse too.
@Annb -- Good news about the improvement in your leg/foot. Hope tomorrow will be even better.
@shelley262 -- Love your new avatar
@Goonergal -- What a great photo of the swans and the cygnets. The poussin looked delicious, definitely have to look into getting an air fryer.
@DJC3 -- Thanks so much for the sentiment re online teaching, it's very much appreciated.

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. About 10g of 88% chocolate.

Lunch: Inspired by @annabell1's eggs in tomato sauce, made some huevos rancheros (without the corn tortilla).

Dinner: A small skirt steak. Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola. A substantial portion of chia pudding with cream, butter, erythritol and zero-sugar vanilla extract. Yumm! Two glasses of red wine.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Tired again - I tried sleeping with the fan on last night to cool me down but the noise kept me awake!

I've been noticing more bees than usual in the garden (and was very pleased) - but then found out yesterday that they are going in to a small gap underneath the kitchen sink waste pipe on the outside of the wall - they aren't any bother at the moment but it might be different if they are getting in between the wall layers, so we aren't sure what to do. Has anyone got any experience of this?

Breakfast: usual scrambled eggs and kimchi on the side
Lunch: usual Actimel drink and a bit of cheese (probably sneak a bit of Mr C's favourite Red Leicester :angelic: )
Dinner: last of the minestrone soup - will have to make some more soon

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't bother with any more food after the milk shake yesterday - had the lamb tagine ready to heat up but just didn't feel like eating so it is still there, in the fridge.

Had some RyVita with liver pate for a fairly early breakfast - about 9.30. I was hungry then and overdid the pate a bit. I'd made it with orange zest and juice in it and it made it very palatable. Had to stop myself eventually ("just one more little taste...").

Some time today I will have the tagine.

Neil made some cold infused coffee yesterday (coffee grounds in an insert in a big jug of cold water) which had to be left for quite a few hours to infuse. But it's ready this morning. Very refreshing, although coffee never does do much to wake me up. Makes a change from tea though.

Luckily, my foot is quite a bit better today - still a bit swollen and the funny rash/scar on my leg is all uproar, but I think I will be able to get my shoe on. I'll have to because I need to go to the pharmacy in a while and can't do that in my socks!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been noticing more bees than usual in the garden (and was very pleased) - but then found out yesterday that they are going in to a small gap underneath the kitchen sink waste pipe on the outside of the wall - they aren't any bother at the moment but it might be different if they are getting in between the wall layers, so we aren't sure what to do. Has anyone got any experience of this?

what type of bee? Honey? Solitary? Miner? Bumble?
That would make a massive difference to the size of the hive, and the potential problem...

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That would make a massive difference to the size of the hive, and the potential problem...

I haven't got a clue - I didn't know that there was different types apart from workers and Queens. They are very dark with not much yellow and average bee size, very fond of bright coloured flowers. I will check Google.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Bumble bee - but with only one stripe of yellow. I never knew there was so many different types of bee!

Reactions: Antje77

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast, smoked salmon and kimchi
Lunch, avocado, turkey & cheese sandwich sans bread.
Dinner, Chinese pork belly, stir fried spinach

edit, and a spoon full of peanut butter :)

Only one spoonful of peanut butter? Very impressive self control.
Your menu looks good.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Sorry missing in action. I am so sorry many have been struggling healthwise and otherwise. I am fine in the day and though I dont have too many commitments and I try to keep busy in the garden its when I go to bed the real problems start. I have the most anxious dreams and its not been helpful for FBG. Am due an HBA1c but not chasing it right now!
Today’s food
Breakfast usual slice HiLo toast, lots tea.
Lunch: h/m egg mayo lettuce and 4 cherry toms.
Supper: panfried smoked haddock with fried egg on top and broccoli. Gin and soda just because!

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs with half a slice of lc toast
Lunch coffee with cream
Dinner pesto marinaded chicken with salads and celeriac chips with glass of dry white followed by lc lemon and lime mousse with extra thick cream. Just had coffee with a few squares of 100% montezumas with orange oil.
@PenguinMum sending you a hug sounds like anxiety is coming out in your dreams - not surprising as life is raising anxiety levels for many. I manage my anxiety head on as much as possible I accept it’s a daily occurrence for me as a carer and i do something active each day to manage it - walking, gardening and meditation (Headspace is what I use) are the things that work best for me. I’m sure your gardening is helpful but maybe you need to look at adding in another management method as well? Stress and related Anxiety remain for me the biggest raiser of my bg levels and you’ve clearly identified it as a factor for you too.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two boiled eggs with half a slice of lc toast
Lunch coffee with cream
Dinner pesto marinaded chicken with salads and celeriac chips with glass of dry white followed by lc lemon and lime mousse with extra thick cream. Just had coffee with a few squares of 100% montezumas with orange oil.
@PenguinMum sending you a hug sounds like anxiety is coming out in your dreams - not surprising as life is raising anxiety levels for many. I manage my anxiety head on as much as possible I accept it’s a daily occurrence for me as a carer and i do something active each day to manage it - walking, gardening and meditation (Headspace is what I use) are the things that work best for me. I’m sure your gardening is helpful but maybe you need to look at adding in another management method as well? Stress and related Anxiety remain for me the biggest raiser of my bg levels and you’ve clearly identified it as a factor for you too.
Thanks I know you have much more to be anxious about than me. I know you recommend Headspace and I may well look into it. Stay safe, stay well.

Reactions: DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your no 2 grandson is a hero! I remember wanting to do that but never made it to the door slamming part, even after fiddling with tooth and thread for 20 minutes to attatch the one to the other.

Todays meal would be off topic on this thread, even though I made a cabbage and cucumber concoction (cauliflowers are expensive at the moment) to substitute the rice that went with the Chinese take-away.

Have been working hard in the last 2 days to build a marten proof guinea-pig fort. The 3 guinea pigs I have left have been temporarily living in the barn following the disappearance from the old pen of 6 of their mates this spring.
Tomorrow we'll shovel earth on the wire on the floor, after that we'll need to close the sides, make a door and find solutions for some complicated details.

So it looks like I can visit the guinea-pig shelter next week to see if I can adopt about 10 additional piggies to fill the fort :)
I'll be happy with the ones that are difficult to get adopted. I don't care about age and it's fine if they aren't used to being handled. They can live their lives amongst eachother, I'm happy to watch and feed them. The little opened window on the left is my kitchen window. They squeek and whistle when I'm in the kitchen, I throw out yummies :)

83417031_10221063485331136_8436826724443345119_o.jpg
That is one heck of a Guinea abode. No 1 grandson would love you. His 3 pigs have a double decker house with different area. His eyes will pop when he sees this.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast at home: so my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Salted caramel phd bar
Lunch: 2 Babybel cheeses followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner back at mum’s now ready for Dad’s funeral tomorrow, my brother cooked: Gammon with runner beans followed by SF jelly and cream

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast at home: so my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Salted caramel phd bar
Lunch: 2 Babybel cheeses followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner back at mum’s now ready for Dad’s funeral tomorrow, my brother cooked: Gammon with runner beans followed by SF jelly and cream

Thinking of you for tomorrow, @Rachox . Hopefully, you'll be able to chat about better times, and make new good memories from a very difficult day.

Reactions: DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

B: sausage and egg
L: sirloin
D: homemade lamb burglar with halloumi fries.

s: Lindt chilli choc

lovely day, cool and comfortable, so we went for miles along the seafront, socially distancing with care. Most people were our age or older. Much more compliant than the youngsters. Made it a pleasant experience.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thoughts and best wishes to all those struggling at the moment, whether health or otherwise. Keep posting, it's good to do .

B. Nothing
L. Camembert, walnuts, lettuce coleslaw
D. Roasted broccoli, cauliflower, celeriac and tomatoes, served with extra evoo and lemon juice. 2 egg cheese omelette

I've been trying to up my healthy fats but evening meal so rich that I now feel bloated and stuffed.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That is one heck of a Guinea abode. No 1 grandson would love you. His 3 pigs have a double decker house with different area. His eyes will pop when he sees this.
I'll make sure to post a couple of pictures for no. 1 grandson when I pick up the new residents!
You can remind him I had to wait till the age of 43 to be able to build 'Fort Cavia' (yes, it will include a sign with this name when it's finished) so he can make having a guinea pig paradise one of his future goals! :)

Sports lessons have resumed this morning, outside and social distanced. I went well prepared with a rare treat of a delicious olive bread roll with butter and cheese, of which I sadly only needed a nibble to prevent a hypo on the way back.
Back home I had lunch of a low carb cracker with butter, marmite and cheese (lots) before it was work on the fort again all afternoon. The work was good for some more nibbles of my roll.
Pan fried cabbage, onion, pepper and cucuber with black bean sauce to go with my leftover Chinese take-away for dinner but decided I was too tired for the work of dosing for it. Too tired for eating too, so turned off the gas. I ate a small portion my veggies with some cubed bacon and a fried egg instead, just now at 10PM, will likely eat some nuts and liverwurst before bed.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Bought some raclette from Amazon. Bit of a problem with the order - probably my fault - and 2 packages arrived of 500 gms each, instead of the one pack I thought I'd ordered. That's OK - I'll use it. Actually was looking for Taleggio but it was very expensive - not the cheese itself, but the p&p - so I didn't bother. I notice that today there are smaller packs of Taleggio available on Amazon - might go for some of that.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55