What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Rachox -- Thinking of you tomorrow.
@Annb -- Glad your leg is better today.
@PenguinMum -- Hugs for those anxious dreams. Hope you get a better night's sleep today.
@Brunneria -- The walk along the seafront sounds wonderful. Have to admit I'm a bit envious.

Today ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Eggs scrambled with mashed eggplant. Half a DD keto roll with butter and smoked salmon. About 15g of 88% chocolate.

Dinner: Rabbit in tarragon-mustard-cream sauce with cauli rice.

Still a bit hungry now, might have a bit of cheese and some olives.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Rachox - I hope everything goes as well as it can today - my thoughts are with you and your Mum. xx

Weird weather!! Last evening I had a phone call from a friend who lives on the other side of this village who was worried about the torrential rain she was having - I'm less than mile from her and didn't have a drop although I did get some thunder and lightening (which was a bit spooky without rain). Then, this morning, the weather forecast gave for heavy rain but none arrived and my garden could really do with it.

Food...

Breakfast: boiled eggs and buttered Burgen bread soldiers
Lunch: usual Actimel drink and a bit of cheese
Dinner: a curry from the freezer - aubergine, mushroom, daikon and chickpea - the last time I had this the daikon was a bit under-cooked fingers crossed it will have softened up a bit more during the cooling and reheating process

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast at home: so my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Salted caramel phd bar
Lunch: 2 Babybel cheeses followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner back at mum’s now ready for Dad’s funeral tomorrow, my brother cooked: Gammon with runner beans followed by SF jelly and cream
I hope everything goes as well as is possible for you all today. Hugs x

Reactions: Chook

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast at home: so my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Salted caramel phd bar
Lunch: 2 Babybel cheeses followed by Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner back at mum’s now ready for Dad’s funeral tomorrow, my brother cooked: Gammon with runner beans followed by SF jelly and cream

Hope all goes well for you and your family today. Sincerest condolences to your mum and family.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
First of all thinking of you and your family on this difficult day @Rachox.
Better fbg after fish dinner and good sleep, no dreams.
Breakfast was usual slice HiLo toast, lots of tea.
Lunch was cheese salad with small sliced apple.
Supper will be chilli with courgetti. Might be preceded by a gin & soda.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a phone call from the Health Board to say that our medical consultant is back on the Island - didn't know he had gone away. So, all these weeks we haven't even had a medical consultant within reach. Don't know about surgical. Anyway, he is to phone tomorrow afternoon "for a chat". Not sure how that will help anything, I haven't even had the, normally required, blood test or BP check, but we shall see.

Haven't eaten anything yet today. And - oddly enough - I have heartburn and don't really want to eat anything. But, I suppose I will in a while. I have some kidneys for braising, so I should, at least, do that, whether I eat or not. And I really ought to get around to using up some of the eggs I have in the fridge. Braised kidney omelette? Doesn't sound right. Might be better with just scrambled eggs to try to sort out my digestion.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had a phone call from the Health Board to say that our medical consultant is back on the Island - didn't know he had gone away. So, all these weeks we haven't even had a medical consultant within reach. Don't know about surgical. Anyway, he is to phone tomorrow afternoon "for a chat". Not sure how that will help anything, I haven't even had the, normally required, blood test or BP check, but we shall see.

Haven't eaten anything yet today. And - oddly enough - I have heartburn and don't really want to eat anything. But, I suppose I will in a while. I have some kidneys for braising, so I should, at least, do that, whether I eat or not. And I really ought to get around to using up some of the eggs I have in the fridge. Braised kidney omelette? Doesn't sound right. Might be better with just scrambled eggs to try to sort out my digestion.

Annb - Isn't this your golden opportunity to sort out those outstanding bloods, the issues you were having with your digestion, bowels and so on?

It seems to me, the world is waking up. In your shoes I'd be looking to get myself a good place in the queue for some attention.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Hope all has gone as well as it can today @Rachox . You were in my thoughts.

Don’t think I posted yesterday. The main eating event was a delicious M&S thick cut ribeye.

Today has been lots of cream and 90% Lindt, a lump of cheese and a peperami with dinner of fabulous Parmesan coated chicken wings. Air fried and one of my new favourite foods. Also celebrating as it seems my BG is finally heading back into sensible, if not yet ideal, territory. Had really started to worry but as I’ve also finished a course of antibiotics today (eye infection) am hoping it was just the infection.

16F1BC65-903D-4A40-93BA-F25D43999BA9.jpeg
D3DDB695-3514-412F-B973-EE265076DC05.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Hope all has gone as well as it can today @Rachox . You were in my thoughts.

Don’t think I posted yesterday. The main eating event was a delicious M&S thick cut ribeye.

Today has been lots of cream and 90% Lindt, a lump of cheese and a peperami with dinner of fabulous Parmesan coated chicken wings. Air fried and one of my new favourite foods. Also celebrating as it seems my BG is finally heading back into sensible, if not yet ideal, territory. Had really started to worry but as I’ve also finished a course of antibiotics today (eye infection) am hoping it was just the infection.

View attachment 42149 View attachment 42150

How do you do your coating, Goonergal? It looks almost like a light coat of batter.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How do you do your coating, Goonergal? It looks almost like a light coat of batter.

Grated Parmesan (or similar) in one bowl, beaten egg in another. Dip wings in egg, then the cheese, ensuring a good coating. Place on shelf with grease proof paper underneath, add salt and then air fry. Very quick and easy.

Reactions: maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Grated Parmesan (or similar) in one bowl, beaten egg in another. Dip wings in egg, then the cheese, ensuring a good coating. Place on shelf with grease proof paper underneath, add salt and then air fry. Very quick and easy.
Got to just love that air fryer. One of the better purchases.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all and especially @Rachox been thinking of you today, as it’s been your dads funeral, but know you’ll have done a brilliant tribute to your dad - you’re a wonderful daughter.
Omad today as busy just stuck to coffee and cream
Two lamb chops roasted with a few onions and cheese stuffed mushrooms with glass of red wine followed by lc lemon and lime mousse with spoon of cream. Decaff coffee with three squares of 100% montezumas with orange oil.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Experimental cooling today.
Courgette crisps, several different flavours
And sugar free Lemon Curd. Reduced the sweetener by 50%, it's lovely and tart.
Now... what can I spread it on?
20200617_173934.jpeg
20200617_200316.jpeg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Experimental cooling today.
Courgette crisps, several different flavours
And sugar free Lemon Curd. Reduced the sweetener by 50%, it's lovely and tart.
Now... what can I spread it on?View attachment 42157View attachment 42158
Sugar free lemon curd - use as a flavour addition to yogurt or - if you have any - with low carb vanilla ice cream. Also use it with a plain low carb cake as a sauce or filling - delicious - or you could just eat it off a spoon! Enjoy!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I reckon I'll be trying this on Friday. Thanks!

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Antji77 - please do post photos of the finished fort. No 1 will go ape! I had both boys here today for schooling and one of No 1's tasks was 5 favourite animals/insect/birds from the Amazon Rainforest. The one he had most to say about was the Capybara - it's similar to Guineas he says. In fact his school email avatar is a Capybara. He had quite a lot to say about sloths too! Mum & Dad enjoy my teaching day as I can get them to do a lot of tasks. I taught adults so wee ones is a piece of cake. @Annb - I had a recipe that used Taleggio and I've been racking my brains trying to remember what it is. I recall I used it as a stuffing but that's it so far. It will come back to me.
Yesterday Tuesday - bed 7.1 FBG 6.3. Not the best of days but I've noticed my sinuses get worse after wearing my mask. I was at the supermarket yesterday and had a mask on. Today, no mask and I feel ok. Been sitting at a table in the garden with one or the other of the boys doing school work and I'm fine.
B. TAG and a couple of Dairylea triangles
L. Slice LC bread with pate
D. Salmon fillet with a few veggie chips and a salad of avocado & bistro tomatoes. 2 squares of Lidl's 85%.

Today -Wednesday bed 7.6 FBG 6.9. Good day health wise despite coping with lessons for 2 fractious boys. As DIL says - Nana has skills. I got a full day's work out of them and submitted. Looks like our "blended" model when they go back in August will be 3 days so better than Edinburgh. If so, I'll teach them the other 2 days.

B. TAG and a slice of LC toast and pate.
L. Dairylea triangle and water No 1 got me while we tackled Noggles & boggles!
D. Salad of prawns, marie rose, bistro tomatoes, walnuts, lettuce and avocado. May have done raspberries later.

Well, fingers crossed the car dealerships get to open tomorrow as I'm not sure how much longer it will be before my car breaks down again. Good looking wings again @Goonergal!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At Mum’s today for Dad’s funeral :( so eating has been a bit all over the place.
Breakfast: strawberries and cream with black coffee.
Elevensies: salted caramel phd bar with black coffee.
Lunch was missed as we had the funeral followed by socially distanced coffee and biscuits afterwards in the garden, I had black coffee and one chocolate digestive thin.
Dinner: gammon steak, fried egg, peas and carrots followed by two small profiteroles :wideyed:

Reactions: DJC3