porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi Por69
I cannot work out how to see the version of xDrip+ I have. I have it set on automatic renewal though, and have pressed Check for updated version. I only managed to set up xDrip+ over a year ago by following instructions that an excellent chap called Scott-C gave as an answer to someone else’s question. However, Nightscout upload keeps failing ever since. So I must have done something incorrectly.
I’ve followed your advice for Watlaa, and xDrip appears to connect to Watlaa because in System Status/BT Device/Bluetooth Collector Status/Device Mac Address shows numbers for Watlaa. Watlaa version is 0.5.1. However, xDrip Screen still says Signal Missed… and no glucose readings appear on my phone.

On automatic renewal you should have the most upto date version. I have turned my auto update off. It should be working. If you are on FB the have a search for Watlaa and send them a message. They are VERY helpful with any issues and do walk you thru things if you are not too technically minded.
If you do need more help send me a PM and I can give you a step by step guide on how to get Xdrip for Feb on your phone.......

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Took a few "creative" photos over the past few nights. Starting ti get back into my photography again
FB_IMG_1592255843301.jpg
FB_IMG_1592255884633.jpg
FB_IMG_1592256938754.jpg
FB_IMG_1592255877296.jpg
FB_IMG_1592255893821.jpg
FB_IMG_1592256934839.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
These are fantastic. Is it fire spinning? Got a friend on a Jap import forum used to do this sort of stuff.
Especially at the rallys.

Super easy to do. A metal whisk, wire wool, dog lead/string to tie to the whisk to, tripod and camera with cable release

Had a fairly bad hypo while we were doing it as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaylee

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good shout. But that would be a smaller point of light. & intermittent.

Ooooo..... Welding what? "Reverse engineering." Or something to contain a "life form."
Probably just reviving the old Ferguson. But don’t get me started on the crazy stuff it could be.
When are you going up there to socially distance ask them?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, don't know where yesterday went, working this morning, thought Id get out the garden this afternoon then BANG huge thunderstorm, still rumbling on. My now huge dog, who totally ignored thunder as a puppy, now thinks the right thing to do is bark at it. Not a good plan. Maybe she's as bemused by what it is as we all are by your mystery lights @Jaylee!

Hope everyone's got nice steady bgs and you're having a good day regardless of lights/storms/any other unexplained events. I'm as curious as everyone else to know what the light's all about...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, I don't feel it's anything to do with "encounters of the third kind."
Imagine your neighbour is a T1 and active on this thread! If it were me I would be laughing so hard now, and I would be setting up more mysterious lights just to keep us all busy and myself entertained!

Reactions: Japes

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
On automatic renewal you should have the most upto date version. I have turned my auto update off. It should be working. If you are on FB the have a search for Watlaa and send them a message. They are VERY helpful with any issues and do walk you thru things if you are not too technically minded.
If you do need more help send me a PM and I can give you a step by step guide on how to get Xdrip for Feb on your phone.......
Thanks. I have a bit of delay just now, as I dropped my mobile phone into a bowl of water, and now I'll need to get a new one. I thought I had dried the phone, but obviously not for long enough because it worked for only 12-hours and ten died. So for now, I have Watlaa on my wrist during night and keep glucose reading above 9/10 before bed.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@porl69 I wasn't sure to give you a winner for the ingenuity for setting up a beautiful picture or a hug for the hypo while you were shooting it. I settled on the winner, but there are hugs for the hypo!!!!!

We took our "newer" dog to the beach today. We've had her about 10 months now? The first time the water touched her paws and it was like no way, get me away from those waves! She did enjoy sniffing the area well above beach. But literally pulled to get back in the car and avidly wanting back into the house when we got home.

So both of our dogs, do not like the waves.................but my Dobie even hates rain so that was expected,

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Onto my second week of bad DP had a month without it. It comes and goes. But when here it is a right royal pain in the neck.
Outside it is misty but dry. Hurrah! 155 geraniums to go into village boxes today. We usually work in a group, chattering and drinking coffee. This year have split the areas up so we are staying as safe as possible. Our small group of 7 has 3 over 80s and I’m the youngest at 60. Hubby to help me. Then another grandson meet and walk later. He went back to nursery yesterday. One day a week at the moment. Rushed in on own and thoroughly enjoyed his day.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all- 7.2 on waking at 6am, but that was after being up in the night at 4am with the baby, so I probably set my DP off at dawn. Lovely to hear the dawn chorus though

I may have missed something but have we heard from @MeiChanski? I hope all is ok

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@MeiChanski hasn't posted since May 19th? But it looks like she stopped in yesterday. I hope that means she's okay.

@becca59 Isn't it even worse when DP won't make up it's mind? I had it bad suddenly, set up a new DP program in my pump, realized I hadn't been taking my iodine to help my thyroid, so I started back on my iodine, it went away but this past week has been creeping back and went crazy last night. So do I switch to my DP pump settings again or try to see if it goes away? Always aggravating.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thanks. I have a bit of delay just now, as I dropped my mobile phone into a bowl of water, and now I'll need to get a new one. I thought I had dried the phone, but obviously not for long enough because it worked for only 12-hours and ten died. So for now, I have Watlaa on my wrist during night and keep glucose reading above 9/10 before bed.

I have just changed my phone to a Huawei and have lost all my settings for Xdrip+. Now not getting any signal from the Watlaa. Going to try and download the setting from the SD card on my old phone and see if I can read them somehow

Reactions: ElenaP

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Imagine your neighbour is a T1 and active on this thread! If it were me I would be laughing so hard now, and I would be setting up more mysterious lights just to keep us all busy and myself entertained!

I have a little light show of my own.. Some rack mounted, stage bar units.
I may dig out my old Korg X3 too? :p

Reactions: Antje77 and porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So good to hear @MeiChanski’s popped in, thank you for spotting that Marie.
DP that comes and goes is the pits, isn’t it Becca. Good to hear you had glorious grandson time though!
I dosed for the expected DP this morning, Sure enough there was a rise in bs, but then I got caught up writing an email, and now I’ve only just risen again to the maybe I can get my fingers to hit the right letters stage. Grrrrrrr. I’d suppressed sounds on the phone and the watlaa last night as midnight texts and buzzes just weren’t welcome. I had a lovely night in range, then this morning . . . Daft old biddy self inflicts greater daftness. How I’d love to be able to have the occasional chance to put it out of my mind.
The email I’d been writing was to a friend who’s living and working in Beijing where some further lockdowns have been imposed. Hope she’s ok, or had already gone to stay with her family who’re in a different part of the country.
I half finished the restitution of the greenhouse water butt yesterday. Husband decided a few years ago that he’d ‘improve’ the pipe from the gutter and it’s leaked ever since. I’m feeling very cheerful that it’s nearly done and hope to finish it today, with a new pipe that’s been grabbed from an unused system. It’s amazing what I’ve found lurking in all the amassed old leaves behind it, and the very young robin who joined me was also very cheerful.

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have a little light show of my own.. Some rack mounted, stage bar units.
I may dig out my old Korg X3 too? :p

This household loved that film when it came out! How long ago is it now?

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't want to make anyone feel old, but it was just over 40 years ago.............!

About 43 years back to be precise? An intergalactic brass band drops by & offers to take a few of us on "tour.. "

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't want to make anyone feel old, but it was just over 40 years ago.............!
A mere snippet of the time I’ve been alive, but I did see it visiting some very dear, and sadly now deceased, friends in London. No children then, still working in West Africa, where we met the two friends, and we were all back in the UK for a holiday. Ah, it takes me back remembering that. Times have changed, I was a lot younger then than our daughters are now. We enjoyed the reruns together about ten years later.
I’d had T1 for seven years, and was still using the soluble and protamine zinc I’d been put on when diagnosed.