Protein noodles

Kt043kt

Hi just wondering if protein noodles are okay on the keto, I've searched the Internet but not found a real answer, they are staring at me from the fridge, thanks in advance

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are likely to be just normal noodles with extra egg marketed as high protein. Suspect they are still wheat based, nutritional info should tell you carbs per 100g.

If ingredients read wheat in the first couple it's likely to be very high carb for keto

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If they are Oomi noodles they are made from fish protein and are low carb at 6.1g per 100g. I have them quite often as a substitute for wheat noodles and they don't raise my BG.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some in Lidl that members here eating very low carb eat. Best way is to test and see. I tried oomi noodles once a couple of years or so ago - not for me, didn’t enjoy the texture but they didn’t raise my BG significantly.

Kt043kt

They are likely to be just normal noodles with extra egg marketed as high protein. Suspect they are still wheat based, nutritional info should tell you carbs per 100g.

If ingredients read wheat in the first couple it's likely to be very high carb for keto

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Taste and test. Have you tried zoodles, spiralized courgettes?

Kt043kt

Not tried any other noodles, as yet, Im a very fussy eater, and new to this, I need to open my mind a bit of, to new foods, but I think it will take some time, thank you All So much for your help

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are some in Lidl that members here eating very low carb eat. Best way is to test and see. I tried oomi noodles once a couple of years or so ago - not for me, didn’t enjoy the texture but they didn’t raise my BG significantly.
Regarding the texture of Oomi noodles: If I am having them in a sauce or soup I microwave them like it says on the packet as the gloopyness doesn't notice but with something dry I fry them with garlic and chilli to dry them out a bit.

andyslowrider

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tried the konjac noodles (can't remember the brand name, but available in Tesco) and they're almost zero carb. They have an odd texture but are ok when fried with vegetables in a stir fry. They add a nice bit of bulk without the calories or carbs.

I have also been eating the black bean spaghetti from Aldi which is less than 3g carb per 100g and I have found it to be a good substitute for both noodles and spaghetti. Tastes good, good texture and doesn't spike my BG.

Kt043kt

I have tried the konjac noodles (can't remember the brand name, but available in Tesco) and they're almost zero carb. They have an odd texture but are ok when fried with vegetables in a stir fry. They add a nice bit of bulk without the calories or carbs.

I have also been eating the black bean spaghetti from Aldi which is less than 3g carb per 100g and I have found it to be a good substitute for both noodles and spaghetti. Tastes good, good texture and doesn't spike my BG.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Morrisons protein noodles are made with pea protein and are about 23carbs per 100g and are very tasty.