Hi everyone

Carlwhallinon

Hello everyone, I signed up here a couple of years ago , not posted anything just looked at posts . Think I was in denial about my diagnosis of pre db at the time . Now I am in real trouble and looking to reverse this thing. I’m going to go on a mission to try to reverse the disease.

Buzzer81

Good man! That’s great to hear!!! If you follow advice on this forum, you’ll definitely be able to get your levels down to a better level. I have drastically cut out carbs from my diet and have gone from 91 to 46 hba1c in three months. In many ways I prefer my diet now and a byproduct of it has been significant weight loss. Still trying to lose half a stone which is not happening but I know I’m on the right path, as you are now. Let us know how you get on!

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hello everyone, I signed up here a couple of years ago , not posted anything just looked at posts . Think I was in denial about my diagnosis of pre db at the time . Now I am in real trouble and looking to reverse this thing. I’m going to go on a mission to try to reverse the disease.

Welcome to the forums!

I take it you haven't thought about getting a glucose monitor yet?

@JoKalsbeek can give you some amazing tips.

Reactions: Carlwhallinon

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- as good a place tp start as any. ;) It's everything I wish someone'd told me from the get-go, also covering diet. But can also recommend dietdoctor.com, Dr. Jason Fung's the Diabetes Code and this forum's main website, diabetes.co.uk .

Glad you're intending to be taking care of yourself. It's a big step to make towards reversing this thing!
Jo

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Welcome!

Just to echo what @xfieldok said, when it comes to results, ask for a print out so you know what the results are. It will help you track progress as well.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

You are definitely in the right place to find advice in relation to lowering your blood sugar levels. I've gone very low carb and brought my levels right down.

The first step is to start testing regularly so you can find out what level of carbs your body can tolerate. I personally find it easier to cut them right down rather than try for moderation. But everyone is different so you need to find what will work for you.

Good luck and welcome!