Post hypos

Cd-astro

Hey all, so I was just wondering if anyone else felt exhausted/drained the day after having a hypo. I had one last night and have been effectively useless for the whole day compounded by the fact that I've had to scrap work for the day as I can't concentrate. Overall the experience has made me rather miserable :/

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I have to agree that a bad hypo can have this effect. It depends on how long my BS level was below the magic 4 mml. The longer it has taken me to raise it back to a reasonable level, the worse I feel afterwards. Usually, a night's sleep presses the reset button, so I wake feeling ok, but if I am ever hypo during the night I have always woken with a terrible headache and a feeling of general weakness which has lasted for hours.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
A nighttime hypo will leave me tired for most of the day too. Before the Libre I used to wonder, if I hadn’t woken to correct, why I was sometimes so tired. I was also frustrated by waking high after a hypo induced liver dump, and just couldn’t work out what had made it all go awol.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Agreed, I don't often have night hypos but when I do I feel like I've got the worst hangover the next day. In no way rested at all!
During the day I get good warning symptoms so luckily don't tend to feel tired after them as they don't tend to be particularly low. Fingers crossed I haven't jinxed anything by writing that!

Reactions: porl69
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
100% it takes over my whole day if I have had a hypo during the day, I have not had one for a very very long time and use the dexcom g6, but I get sickness, forgetfulness, fatigue, no motivation and something I call a tipping headache as its only feels better if I lean forward. Not nice at all.

Reactions: Rylando88

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
If I have a bad hypo during the night ( night time ones for me are usually bad as they don’t wake me up till blood is about 2.5) , they usually have me eating the contents of the fridge ( after I’ve drunk the cola at the side of my bed) I go back to sleep and feel like total **** for most of the following day . I call it the “Ghost ” feeling after the film Ghost where the ghost tries to jump into Whooping Goldbergs body and them feels “ wiped out “ when he comes back out same feeling for me after a night time hypo. “””” ohhhhh myyyyy lovvvve my darrling I hunger for your touch “”” sorry couldn’t resist.lol