Ozempic injection question

SoulfulXombi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This may be a very daft question but I’m a morbidly obese type 2 who has just been started on 0.25mg ozempic self injecting.

My question is simple I am pushing the needle into my flesh and pressing down not stupidly hard but a little pressure but the needle is quite small so I’m wondering if the medication will get through the fat ok?

Reactions: DozieDeddie

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's supposed to be injected in the fatty layer under your skin, so it'll be fine :)
Not daft at all, starting injections is enough to make anyone nervous! You'll be fine on that account too ;)

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
That sounds fine to me. Just a little pressing down until removal of needle. You won't have any needle problems, because they are manufactured and known as 'non-coring needles,' originally so they didn't core out the rubber bung of a medicine bottle.

donnad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m up to 0.5 ozempic once weekly. Seems ok but dn is now talking about increasing the dose to maximum. Just seems their answer is just increase meds. Very fed up with injecting and finger pricking plus all the meds I take. Sorry for the rant but just needed to “let it go”!!!!

sadiek1804

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve just started this medication. It’s my first week on 0.25. I’ve completely lost my appetite (I assume this is normal) however I’ve come close to hypos on a regular basis (I’ve always been high and levels were always around 10-15 so never experienced hypos before) they want me to got to .05 in 2 weeks then 4 weeks after that to try the 1 Iam not obese but am over weight (5f2in 11st12lb) I had to have a consultation over the phone due to the current pandemic. He seemed more concerned about my weight than my lack of control of my diabetes. Last hba1c was 10% (I think that’s right) I inject a mixed insulin twice daily but can’t seem to figure out my dosage correctly. Also on 4 SR metformin - a week ago I was on 30units (once daily) of novamix 30 and 1 metformin. Would greatly take any advise

mh541584

I changed from glicazide to Ozempic in April 22. It was great decision , now over 16lbs lighter, had a GP gym referral and now doing the NHS couch to 5k. Blood sugar levels lower and in the words of my diabetic nurse “the best levels I have had in the last few years”. Was on a titration dose 0.25mg for 3 months so my body had plenty of time to get use to it. Now just started on 0.5mg but need to have another blood test in 12 weeks as I may not need it by then. If you are scared of the idea of injecting, don’t be.It is like an epi pen,very small needle easy to use and painless.

Reactions: Outlier