help me severe anxiety and panic

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I went to bed feeling a bit dizzy and woke up the same . I am really anxious right now . I feel like there is no help from the nhs my gp is appointments only , its the weekend and they are closed . I'm in a panic i feel sick and generally highy frightened about my life and everything that is going on in the world .
Its not a question just a cry for help sorry

JRT

Morning Jackie. You are not alone. The world is a scary place at the moment,particularly if you are in a high risk category. I think there are very few people out there who can honestly say they havent had a bit of an emotional meltdown at some stage over the past few months.
It always seems to be that when we need help it's at a time when things are shut!
I was helped by diabetes.uk helpline,I have just checked and closed at weekend. They do offer webchat at weekend which might help. Charities such as MIND and the Samaritans could also help.
Obviously I dont know your circumstances but are there any friends/family members you can reach out to? Sometimes just expressing how we feel can really put things in perspective.
Avoid news etc and relaxation techniques can genuinely help.
Take carex

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Thank you , my husband finishes at 2 and we will be going for a walk .I feel a bit better I suffer anxiety all my life :(

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Morning Jackie. You are not alone. The world is a scary place at the moment,particularly if you are in a high risk category. I think there are very few people out there who can honestly say they havent had a bit of an emotional meltdown at some stage over the past few months.
It always seems to be that when we need help it's at a time when things are shut!
I was helped by diabetes.uk helpline,I have just checked and closed at weekend. They do offer webchat at weekend which might help. Charities such as MIND and the Samaritans could also help.
Obviously I dont know your circumstances but are there any friends/family members you can reach out to? Sometimes just expressing how we feel can really put things in perspective.
Avoid news etc and relaxation techniques can genuinely help.
Take carex
Hi thank you for your reply you really helped me a lot , I'm feeling better but once anxiety and panic set in this takes days to remedy because the fear is set in and takes times to go.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi thank you for your reply you really helped me a lot , I'm feeling better but once anxiety and panic set in this takes days to remedy because the fear is set in and takes times to go.
I have had panic attacks for years. These days I try to get through them by not fighting them.

I feel one coming on and say to myself, ok, I am going to have a panic attack. It horrible, but it will end. Somehow this makes them less awful and shorter. Maybe because I am not adding anxiety about the panic attack to the mix?

I also re-name them as anxiety episodes, as I find the term "panic attack" is a scary term to me.

Having a dedicated object to cuddle or image to hold in my mind when they are happening seems to help with the severity of the episode too.

I am sorry you are going through this.

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I have had panic attacks for years. These days I try to get through them by not fighting them.

I feel one coming on and say to myself, ok, I am going to have a panic attack. It horrible, but it will end. Somehow this makes them less awful and shorter. Maybe because I am not adding anxiety about the panic attack to the mix?

I also re-name them as anxiety episodes, as I find the term "panic attack" is a scary term to me.

Having a dedicated object to cuddle or image to hold in my mind when they are happening seems to help with the severity of the episode too.

I am sorry you are going through this.
Thank you that is a great idea and I will try it . I am feeling better we went for a walk on sea front and it was really sunny and warm , we had an ice cream with a flake in lol, something about that which makes a sunny day seem great . Ringing docs Monday I have a few things wrong and worrying me so if I can get them out of the way the anxiety will drop again . Anxiety episode , i like it .

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you that is a great idea and I will try it . I am feeling better we went for a walk on sea front and it was really sunny and warm , we had an ice cream with a flake in lol, something about that which makes a sunny day seem great . Ringing docs Monday I have a few things wrong and worrying me so if I can get them out of the way the anxiety will drop again . Anxiety episode , i like it .

Not sure if this channel is any help but I found it interesting. If you subscribe to his emails it will lead to a spiel to get you to sign up with an email to receive some free video links and then at the end of course he would like you to pay for further videos but the free videos alone were pretty good and there is no obligation to buy anything.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY_3K_TzFihulqyp18U0Xkw/videos?view=0&sort=p&shelf_id=1

and this is his website https://www.panicfree.tv/blog/

Reactions: WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Not sure if this channel is any help but I found it interesting. If you subscribe to his emails it will lead to a spiel to get you to sign up with an email to receive some free video links and then at the end of course he would like you to pay for further videos but the free videos alone were pretty good and there is no obligation to buy anything.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY_3K_TzFihulqyp18U0Xkw/videos?view=0&sort=p&shelf_id=1

and this is his website https://www.panicfree.tv/blog/
Thank you so much I will have a look .