Freestyle Libre sensor

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I put a new sensor on my arm two days later . I had “ sensor error “ message, so left it 10 mins still same another 10 mins still same.so I took the sensor off, I phoned Abbot and to cut a long story short they are sending me a new sensor , but the guy said that it should be left it for 2 hours before i take it off. He had to speak to his supervisor to authorise the renewal of sensor. It’s the first time I’ve experienced this just thought I’d share, wonder if anyone else has had same conversation with Abbot.

May the force be with you ..........................always

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I put a new sensor on my arm two days later . I had “ sensor error “ message, so left it 10 mins still same another 10 mins still same.so I took the sensor off, I phoned Abbot and to cut a long story short they are sending me a new sensor , but the guy said that it should be left it for 2 hours before i take it off. He had to speak to his supervisor to authorise the renewal of sensor. It’s the first time I’ve experienced this just thought I’d share, wonder if anyone else has had same conversation with Abbot.

May the force be with you ..........................always

It's not an uncommon fault. In the past, I have waited a couple of hours and it sprang back into life again.

UK T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How annoying. I've never had that but have only been using libre since Nov 2019. Love it so far! Had one sensor where the filament wasn't inserted through the sensor properly and stuck out over the casing. Took photos and logged it with Abbott and they sent a replacement but want to know you've done everything 'by the book' so it makes sense they'd prefer you leave the sensor applied before ringing incase there are other checks or screenshots of the error messages they want for their purposes. I always keep at least one libre in stock now in case similar happens, so I don't have to wait for the replacement, though it did arrive quickly and this was in March during lockdown!

Stevec189

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had one which was reading low. Called Abbott. They took some details and sent a replacement out. They want the old one back but send an envelope and necessary bags to send back to them Freepost. Fantastic customer service. This was during lockdown as well. vCalled on a Friday - new sensor arrived Tuesday morning. No quibbles. Good advice as well should this happen again.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve not seen that 2 hours suggestion anywhere @Ushthetaff, thanks for giving us the heads up.