What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Not a good day foodwise, overeating and toast. nuff said about the food.
Its definitely stress related. Poor MrSlim, bombarded him with texts this morning until he decided to call me.
He did calm me down somewhat, and it was a productive morning, finished cleaning both the windows and the oven.
After two weeks of mostly wet weather, finally a dry day. Out with the mower, managed about 10 mins before noticing water pouring out from underneath, having consulted MrSlim, sending photos and a video, he thinks it might be a split hose. In which case i am considering trying to repair it myself. Did wonder if he would be panicking at that idea. then ofc not, he doesn't panic about anything .
Made cauliflower rice, am freezing some of it ready cooked this time. Honestly the amount of time and effort expended to create six portions of cauliflower rice. Not sure it was worth it. Cycled 45 kilometres altogether to obtain one decent cauliflower. Not all in one go, three trips of 15km. Ofc bought few other things as well, but cauliflower was the main reason for going.
Tonight tried to watch the online summer solstice event, but could not get into site.thinking there might be something on the news about it, tried tv, thats not working tonight either, it was fine yesterday. triedall the usual tricks, turning off and on again, leaving it unplugged for 10 mins. Cant get it going :(
@DJC3 good idea to use courgette slices for topping. Will be stealing that one.
@maglil55 sorry to read your car troubles are continuing.
@shelley262 followed thelink to DGF site. Am confused about the carb content for millionaires shortbread though. Can you explain, what does 2.2g effective carbs mean? When further down it states 15.5g per biscuit.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there - your granolas and salted caramel phd bar sound delicious - my mouth is watering - can you please advise me where I would be able to purchase these? many thanks
The phd Smart bars I buy from Tesco:
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/search?query=phd smart bars
Or the phd website:
https://www.phd.com/protein/bar
The granolas I made up myself from seeds and nuts rather than grains. Here’s a screen shot of the recipe for them from my iPad notes :)

DF9F6987-6DB7-41CE-8B12-19BA91507EED.jpeg

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its definitely stress related. Poor MrSlim, bombarded him with texts this morning until he decided to call me.
He did calm me down somewhat, and it was a productive morning, finished cleaning both the windows and the oven.
After two weeks of mostly wet weather, finally a dry day. Out with the mower, managed about 10 mins before noticing water pouring out from underneath, having consulted MrSlim, sending photos and a video, he thinks it might be a split hose. In which case i am considering trying to repair it myself. Did wonder if he would be panicking at that idea. then ofc not, he doesn't panic about anything .
Made cauliflower rice, am freezing some of it ready cooked this time. Honestly the amount of time and effort expended to create six portions of cauliflower rice. Not sure it was worth it. Cycled 45 kilometres altogether to obtain one decent cauliflower. Not all in one go, three trips of 15km. Ofc bought few other things as well, but cauliflower was the main reason for going.
Tonight tried to watch the online summer solstice event, but could not get into site.thinking there might be something on the news about it, tried tv, thats not working tonight either, it was fine yesterday. triedall the usual tricks, turning off and on again, leaving it unplugged for 10 mins. Cant get it going :(
@shelley262 followed thelink to DGF site. Am confused about the carb content for millionaires shortbread though. Can you explain, what does 2.2g effective carbs mean? When further down it states 15.5g per biscuit.

Lizzy - you'll likely find a video on YouTube for your mower repair.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
There must have been some torrential rain over night as my tubs and hanging baskets are looking battered.

Still not heard anything back about the lovely Lola.

Breakfast: usual Sunday morning lovely brunch - chaffle, fried eggs, mushrooms, 100g baked beans cooked by Mr C
Lunch: usual Actimel drink
Dinner: usual Sunday stirfry - bean sprouts, pak choi, mangetout, bit of red pepper and cashew nuts - some garlic Nando's sauce as a stir fry sauce

I'm still stuck in my Sunday rut.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Lizzy - you'll likely find a video on YouTube for your mower repair.
Have always avoided urine videos as consuming too much data. Today got phone bill. 10g data. Unused 9.9g think I will be ok for a few videos.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Have always avoided urine videos as consuming too much data. Today got phone bill. 10g data. Unused 9.9g think I will be ok for a few videos.

Auto correct??? Although I do believe there are such things but maybe not on YouTube.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if I ate anything last night. If I did, I didn't write it down. FBG today 5.8, so maybe I didn't.

Hungry this morning so made an omelette similar to one Jamie Oliver demonstrated (I think it was him). He had filled a thin, 3 egg omelette - made coating the bottom and sides of a wok - with cooked rice. So I made it with 2 eggs, cauliflower rice plus some bits and pieces in the "rice". Tasted OK (not brilliant) but looked a mess! Not important, it's only me. Managed half of it but couldn't eat the rest. Might be able to do something with it later. Really full just now.

I decided I'd better do something with the meat in the fridge last night, so cooked some stewing steak with onions and gravy, then towards the end, added the already braised, kidneys. So now I have 3 containers of steak and kidney filling plus another container of some really delicious gravy. Have to swap something out of the freezer to get the containers in.

I should do some other cooking today to use stuff from the fridge, but not feeling up for it right now. Actually a lot better than I have been over the last few days and now just a bit tired and worn. Just want someone to make a fuss of me. Some hope there! Neil's the only one here and he just doesn't know how.

Odd - probably because I've been a bit low - I've been thinking more than usual about my late husband and how I missed him in the last years of his life (he wasn't able to respond very much, or even remember who we all were - just wanted his mum and his sister). That's probably why I don't, usually, miss him all that much now. Strange how being a bit poorly can make you melancholy as well. But, I'm not any more. I'm on the up and up. Just not going to do too much at once.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

I don't go onto You Tube very much. Also trying to conserve data. But what kind of video would that be? Is your autocorrect playing tricks on you?

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There must have been some torrential rain over night as my tubs and hanging baskets are looking battered.

Still not heard anything back about the lovely Lola.

Breakfast: usual Sunday morning lovely brunch - chaffle, fried eggs, mushrooms, 100g baked beans cooked by Mr C
Lunch: usual Actimel drink
Dinner: usual Sunday stirfry - bean sprouts, pak choi, mangetout, bit of red pepper and cashew nuts - some garlic Nando's sauce as a stir fry sauce

I'm still stuck in my Sunday rut.
Can you please tell me what chaffle is? and is Nandos garlic sauce lc as I am looking for a tasty lc sauce for stir-frys etc. - I do like my sauces - any suggestions for low carb ones? many thanks

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can you please tell me what chaffle is? and is Nandos garlic sauce lc as I am looking for a tasty lc sauce for stir-frys etc. - I do like my sauces - any suggestions for low carb ones? many thanks

A chaffle is an egg and cheese mixture cooked in a waffle machine - I use it with my Sunday brunch as a substitute for toast. There are loads of chaffle recipes on the internet but I just use 83g of a pre-grated cheddar/ mozzarella mix from Asda and a medium size egg mixed thoroughly together. I believe it can also be cooked in a good frying pan and I have used it as a base for pizza toppings

As for the Nando's sauce, the one i am using at the moment is the garlic one. It is 4.2g of carbs per 100g. The lemon one is only 1.2g of carbs per 100g. Lucky for us that most (if not all) supermarket websites supply nutritional info so its quite easy to browse their products even if you don't intend to buy from them.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya re the low carb goodies the remaining carbs are polyols - in form of eyrithritol -and so body dosent absorb them. The few carbs come from the ground almonds not the sweetener. They have a completely negligible effect on my bgs just like if I bake using eyrithritol.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
E746579C-D81A-4D3B-9719-0EFB16AB86EE.jpeg

Just one meal today but substantial one! Had half of this frittata made with five eggs, home cooked ham mushrooms and cheese. Served with a few salads and half a bottle of a good cremant! No space for pudding today despite DGF goodies in fridge.....planning on decaff coffee though in a bit.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A chaffle is an egg and cheese mixture cooked in a waffle machine - I use it with my Sunday brunch as a substitute for toast. There are loads of chaffle recipes on the internet but I just use 83g of a pre-grated cheddar/ mozzarella mix from Asda and a medium size egg mixed thoroughly together. I believe it can also be cooked in a good frying pan and I have used it as a base for pizza toppings

As for the Nando's sauce, the one i am using at the moment is the garlic one. It is 4.2g of carbs per 100g. The lemon one is only 1.2g of carbs per 100g. Lucky for us that most (if not all) supermarket websites supply nutritional info so its quite easy to browse their products even if you don't intend to buy from them.
Many thanks for that - a kind of cheese and egg - I will also look out for the Nandos sauces -fab

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Three meals today to fuel Operation Clean-up. Lockdown spring cleaning had never happened here and flat was in a dreadful state. Now sparkly clean (well as clean as it ever gets), floors mopped, carpets hoovered - even behind furniture - and everything tidied away. Cut my hair again too.

Breakfast was leftover whipped cream with almond butter.
Lunch was 2 brined and air fried chicken thighs and a few chocolate and almond butter squares
Dinner was air fried lamb ribs and 3 more almond butter squares. Very moreish.

C3341363-E971-40DD-B7A4-58BB60822D85.jpeg
DDEF0873-15FD-4A40-B0F1-1C699410AB1D.jpeg
1F89F96B-79E3-4F49-8D74-D2828EADC1DF.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 42231
Just one meal today but substantial one! Had half of this frittata made with five eggs, home cooked ham mushrooms and cheese. Served with a few salads and half a bottle of a good cremant! No space for pudding today despite DGF goodies in fridge.....planning on decaff coffee though in a bit.
Looks fab - Enjoy!

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - Mushroom, Onion, Tomato & Cheese Omlette, mug of earl grey tea with double cream (I find earl grey appears sweeter than normal tea so I don't need to add anything to sweeten it).

Dinner - 3 chicken drumsticks, salad of lettuce, baby cucumber, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions, a little cheese and a dollop of coleslaw. SF raspberry jelly and double cream.