Excessive sweating

Zozobagins

Hi everyone, I'm new to diabetes. I was told just before the lockdown happened so no tablets ect as yet been told to try through diet which I'm finding very hard as it's all new. What I have noticed is the excessive sweating has anyone else got this and is it normal? Anything I can do? Thankyou for reading

Fearless36

Excessive sweating is quite common. Often when my sugars are high, my body does excessive sweating as a way of trying to burn it up or rid itself of sugar, but it also happens when I hypo too. So its a lot more common than you think. One of the important things is to remember to drink water. I know that sounds the opposite, but often times when we are sweating we are actually dehydrated, and so the water from our cells is trying to remove the excess sugar and so this through the metabolic processes gets used up by making and producing sweat. Its a really incredible thing really that our bodies do. However till you get properly diagnosed for now, just notice when the sweating occurs, as it may be a pattern you can discuss with your GP. So for example, is it after eating a heavy carbed meal, is it after consuming sugar etc.

Reactions: lozzajane008