High platelets worried!

Kerrylou78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all the last 10 years my platelets have been borderline high, dr has also put me on folic acid for deficiency and has now referred me to a haematologist which may not even need to see me! I also suffer with health anxiety so this isnt helping my situation lol, so I googled high platelets which has just given me horror stories about having them! I don't even really know what I'm asking in here I guess I just want to know if type 2 diabetes and high platelets are related? I dont want to read anymore horror stories which is making my anxiety sky high at the moment :(

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am no expert but worked in labs so I will just give you a few facts. There are people who just have high platelet counts, not sure how high yours is so it may just be you; I have borderline low count but as it never varies much that is just me! I have never heard of it being related to diabetes but there is new research all the time so I may be out of date. Try not to worry and discuss it with your Dr or Consultant. Is there anyone who has some knowledge who could go with you to your appointment as not all medics are good at explaining things in an easy to understand way?

Kerrylou78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am no expert but worked in labs so I will just give you a few facts. There are people who just have high platelet counts, not sure how high yours is so it may just be you; I have borderline low count but as it never varies much that is just me! I have never heard of it being related to diabetes but there is new research all the time so I may be out of date. Try not to worry and discuss it with your Dr or Consultant. Is there anyone who has some knowledge who could go with you to your appointment as not all medics are good at explaining things in an easy to understand way?
Thank you for you reply, my diabetic nurse a few years ago said it was normal for me, see my logical brain knows its probably nothing but the anxiety me its screaming somethings wrong! Lol I def need to stay off dr google, he never helps!

Reactions: LaoDan