What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.6 this morning, well, 4.9 but then remembered I'd moved some things from the worktop into the fridge on the way past :banghead: , rewashed hands and retested at 4.6 :)

It chucked it down all morning so we got mid afternoon meal ready for takiing to mum's with the assumption it would be eaten inside, by the time we got there it was lovely and sunny so we ate out in the garden. Chicken and veggies in a cheese and bacon sauce ;) chocolate LC sponge with Lidl full fat greek style yoghurt for afters :)

This was the first portion out of the new style 1Kg yoghurt pot and I'd swear that, although it has more sugar, it tastes noticeably more acidic. I wonder if the changed pot is indicative of a different supplier?

If any of you also buy the Lidl greek style yoghurt in large pots beware getting it out of the fridge, I almost dropped the whole thing because it was slippery with condensation, this new style pot is thinner (so it's more flexible), it has no lip and the cap is very flimsy. I may try Asda's version next week :sorry:

Home again and almost made it round the village before the raiin returned bringing thunder with it, wonderful towering clouds too (remimnded me of one of @Muddy Cyclist 's splendid skies :)

Hope all fathers out there have been sufficiently celebrated :joyful:

and I hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - handsome phoenix 'splat' that ;) I like it very much

@gennepher - turned out impressively atmospheric even if it's not quite what you first envisioned, that can be the beauty of experimentation :)

art catch up -

the first of some smaller sky colour experiments
change of format - approx A5 halved lengthwise with a line of tape
no 1- not too sure it's a success:sorry:

View attachment 42232

no 2 - slightly better perhaps
View attachment 42234
Thank you - I do like the second one .

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
never got out of my first.
@dunelm Hidden talents pleasedI you are joining the forums gallery, love it.
@jjraak good family times are essential to our survival I'm pleased you are finding ways to make this happen even though on this occasion there was an element of sadness.
@gennepher I like your monochrome art very much and your adventurous art spirit.
@geefull love both of these, freeness and atmosphere, wonderful.

Thank you all for you kind comments on my art.

Good day here other than the heavy rain showers that meant we went against gov guide lines and had to move into our dinning room when Daughter and family visited so 5 inside our house, I now await the knock on the door by the virus rule breaker detectors. It was lovely to have them in our home again, new ways must be found as we all felt guilty and left wondering if, what and when will one of us get the virus, ridiculous! I am working out a winter plan so that family can still meet and feel OK about doing so, I have many ideas, althoughworking out how we will get back to having a family of 12 back into our average 4 bed house and remain safe is a challenge.

Son also arrived later in the day so good to know Dad still does have some importance in their busy lives.

Today's painting, useing my Fathers Day Present selection of Rigger Brushes is a proper A4 size watercolour based on yesterday's sketches of Missing the Seaside, 40 minutes
View attachment 42241

I do like this theme and congratulations on the new Rigger Brushes. Can’t say that I will do something each day or even week. My butterfly brain is easily distracted by whatever comes along.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the anticipation of azure in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of oyster sauce chicken with Chinese leaf came in a a rousing 5.1 this am. Still got a whole Chinese leaf lettuce less 4 leaves left so maybe make more kimchi today.

Well summer solstice came and went and the days are already beginning to draw in as we spin out towards the Autumn Equinox at a 23.5 degree angle tilt towards Polaris - and, with nobody getting dizzy or falling off. Good old Nobody, even though you didn’t get that acting part with those other blokes and Snow White. Mind you, I have heard that Nobody saw that coming so not such a surprise.

Best go now, I have a sofa to guard and I stag on in 15 minutes, just time for a koffy.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1
Temp 35.5

It is a beautiful day outside...

Bye.
Adventures call.
Reconnaissance first..

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 greets me today.

Do one when you feel like it...
I loved yesterday's Phoenix/Raven.
I would love to see more...
I agree with @gennepher draw, doodle, paint when you can amongst your butterfly flittering and please share them.

Muddy Cycle Ride Calls on this sunny day. Mrs MC also mentioned some plan on tidying loft now we can access it easily, I knew that putting in this new access hatch was a mistake.

Week suddenly got socially busy, in garden with friend I have not seen since lockdown on Tuesday for a coffee, sons for BBQ on Wednesday, Family virtual meal on Friday. Will have to start useing my diary again. :)

Take the best and worst the day delivers with an open mind and valiant heart.

Reactions: HarryBeau

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will be braving the mysterious click and collect systems.

A 5.8 this morning on the meter of misbehaving.

This morning Mrs J will be clicking and collecting on my behalf some woody working bits, I wonder what she will return with, ah joys of a surprise.
Well fellow posters have a great day and, and, do as you please. Now koffy calls drink me, drink me.....does it think my name is Alice?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from an already sunny and getting more and more scorchio by the day Suffolk. Birthday, Father's day and Summer Solstice feasts done for 2020 - minus everything vacuum bagged and frozen. 4.4 Libre reader +3 mins 4.9 phone then Dawn P came over all savage. Used wine and 24k steps yesterday to go off piste - always worry about using alcohol that way. Exercise and salad plus a wheelbarrow full of supplements is my safe place. A day to remember Alban, for me to give thanks for the amazing produce God provides. I accept your mileage may vary on that one. Speaking of which, I have zero use for pubs, cafes, restaurants, cinemas or theatres plus a myriad of other non essentials but many either do or work there so I pray my fellow citizens use the new freedoms carefully.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will be braving the mysterious click and collect systems.

A 5.8 this morning on the meter of misbehaving.

This morning Mrs J will be clicking and collecting on my behalf some woody working bits, I wonder what she will return with, ah joys of a surprise.
Well fellow posters have a great day and, and, do as you please. Now koffy calls drink me, drink me.....does it think my name is Alice?
Good morning one and all. A shocking fbs of 9.1 greeted me at 8.15 am. :arghh: I really hope your "Click and collect" is more successful than mine was this week-end@ alf_Josiah. I ordered two items from Superdrug which were only available as click/ collect so on Saturday, after weeks of self isolating, I braved the outside world, parked outside of town and walked to the shopping centre. Armed with face mask I manoeuvred through zig-zags of barriers and queued for ages at safe distances to collect my items. No-one else was wearing masks! Got out of there asap and walked back to the car. On opening the parcel I found that one item was damaged! Next day I checked on line to A) ensure the item was in stock, B) the closing time was 4.30. Repeated the journey only to find the store had just closed at 3.30! So maybe today it will be 3rd time lucky? At least I am getting lots of exercise. Enjoy your week everyone and do your best to stay safe and well. :) PS: Retested 2 hours post breakfast and probably because I take Gliclazide with my breakfast my bs are now only 9.2 (+ .1). :happy:

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all. A shocking fbs of 9.1 greeted me at 8.15 am. :arghh: I really hope your "Click and collect" is more successful than mine was this week-end@ alf_Josiah. I ordered two items from Superdrug which were only available as click/ collect so on Saturday, after weeks of self isolating, I braved the outside world, parked outside of town and walked to the shopping centre. Armed with face mask I manoeuvred through zig-zags of barriers and queued for ages at safe distances to collect my items. No-one else was wearing masks! Got out of there asap and walked back to the car. On opening the parcel I found that one item was damaged! Next day I checked on line to A) ensure the item was in stock, B) the closing time was 4.30. Repeated the journey only to find the store closed at 3.30! So maybe today it will be 3rd time lucky? At least I am getting lots of exercise. Enjoy your week everyone and do your best to stay safe and well. :)
You have had a dreadful experience with that retailer. I hope the matter is resolved today and those you encounter are more caring members of Team GB.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
You have had a dreadful experience with that retailer. I hope the matter is resolved today and those you encounter are more caring members of Team GB.
Thanks@ianpspurs.:)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A belated good morning all, been a tad busy building things in the garden. a 6.1 greeted me on waking, not bad I suppose. On another note I'm nearly at my 25yr Diagnosis Anniversary! My birthday is at the weekend and it will be exactly half my life with diabetes! how mad is that, half a lifetime with a condition that doesn't like you, or anyone for that matter. But it's made me who I am now, stubborn, cranky and a little jaded but unwilling to give in and take everyday as it comes. A time for reflection on the advance's made in the treatment of it. Ah well, ramblings over. Take care everyone, stay safe but above all be kind to one another.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take care everyone, stay safe but above all be kind to one another.
Good to see you john I imagine you've seen the worst & best in treating T1 an early happy birthday from us...big hugs for Sid & Trixie.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning or afternoon...what a day left late for clinic no time to stop & get petrol...very low but had just enough to get there & there is a Morrisons with a petrol station about 200yds form the hospital...anti-coagulant clinic not busy so got out of the car feeling positive went to get my phone case with my bank cards in it I'd left it at home arghhhh... panic set in kept my appointment speaking to the clinician who I know very well explained what had happened she gave me 20 quid and rescued me decided I have to get some cash & conceal it in the car just in case...so grateful to get home had coffee & an extra long snooze...woke to a 6.4

Reactions: karen8967