Type 1'stars R Us

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A belated good morning to everyone, gentle hug to those that need it and high fives for everyone else. I'm very nearly at my 25yr diagnosis Anniversary as it's my birthday at the weekend so that makes it half my life with diabetes! not bad going really.

Take care everyone, stay safe and above all be kind.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is excellent! I will appreciate seeing the screenshots. Getting the new phone has been unavoidably delayed, though. My husband's health became worse earlier in the week, and then he died yesterday morning (not from Covid). I've been spending time making, and receiving, phone calls to family and friends. Then I will need to find some paperwork.

Hi,

Wow. I've just caught up with this..

My condolences & best wishes.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all! I am not sure which is making me feel more as if I am returning to my usual kind of life, the fact I can go and do organ playing again or the more usual amounts of activity. Whichever I'll take it. I was so excited about the organ playing I forgot to bolus before lunch! Oops... all sorted mid-strawberries!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I did an hour's worth of organ practise. I remembered to bolus for the evening meal.

Reactions: Antje77

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Great going @johnpol !

Missed the mark bolusing for my meal yesterday. It really should have been close to right maybe a little short, but I started dropping so I had to eat some pineapple. I thought it might be a fat content delay and was waiting for my BG’s to shoot up later and they never did. One of those T1 things I suppose.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I did an hour's worth of organ practise. I remembered to bolus for the evening meal.

I've been doing a fair bit of music writing for the last month out of the blue when the guitarist started transferring WAV files on a Dropbox account, then the Drummer joined in.. Lol, I even got my old Korg X3 out at one point & had a go at some classic "Rick Wakeman" 60s pan /recorder/pipes on one tune... Bit of a "Bowie" vibe.. Another track is Rage against the machine meets Pink Floyd with a live "dub step" angle as the drummer adiquatly keeps up with death metal "blast beats." (A cocktail of influences..)

Quite therapeutic. The "angry young man" has come back out on some of the vocals.
I just close the double glazing & curtains, inform the neighbours It's not a row.
Then "went for it" whilst my wife quietly read a book...

Lol, I can't see any of it making "Top of the pops." But hey, it rocks..

Reactions: Fairygodmother

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, wasn't around yesterday as I had my first outing since lockdown (apart from collecting shopping). I went with a friend (in separate cars) to a local garden. It was wonderful; weather perfect, warm with a breeze, fabulous location and garden, even had an ice cream (justified by low bgs - seriously!). It almost felt normal.

Hope everyone's well and finding good things to do here and there. Haven't heard from @LooperCat for a while; I know she's very busy, just hope all's well.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, busy days flying by with the house renovation, bloods are ok, up down and level :p and my miaomiao holder broke in the night, I don't think 3d printing gives the plastic sufficient tensile strength although it'll have had some hammer this last 5 months :p

I've slacked off cycling but need to get back on the bike whilst waiting with a tapping foot for the local gym and pool to reopen.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It sounds glorious @hh1, and an ice cream too. I think I’d have jabbed for one, never mind being low enough. You’ve inspired me to think of gardens to visit and to wonder if older daughter would like to join me to go round it.
Yes, I hope @LooperCat’s flourishing but busy. Has anyone seen @MeiChanski on the site recently?

Last edited:
Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning, busy days flying by with the house renovation, bloods are ok, up down and level :p and my miaomiao holder broke in the night, I don't think 3d printing gives the plastic sufficient tensile strength although it'll have had some hammer this last 5 months :p

I've slacked off cycling but need to get back on the bike whilst waiting with a tapping foot for the local gym and pool to reopen.
Have you tried KT tape to cover the MM yet? It needs a bit of tissue or similar between the MM and the tape, but I find it good, though it’s not pretty with a dress or sleeveless blouse - and certainly not elegant enough for a frock.:happy:;)

Reactions: kev-w and Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you tried KT tape to cover the MM yet? It needs a bit of tissue or similar between the MM and the tape, but I find it good, though it’s not pretty with a dress or sleeveless blouse - and certainly not elegant enough for a frock.:happy:;)
I didn't think @kev-w wore blouses and dresses - surely that's @porl69?

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I didn't think @kev-w wore blouses and dresses - surely that's @porl69?
Yes, porl and Knikki, but maybe kev needs a new hobby alongside the bike and the diy :cat: After all, it’s not equality here in the uk when we wimmin get to wear jeans, shorts, dresses and skirts but the men seem limited to trousers, shorts and kilts.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Short shorts anyone????? Hotpants in bright pink maybe?
I wore hotpants in the 70s, (but called them Coldknickers, though it didn’t stop the snickering), but now I don’t want to frighten the neighbours.
Do you remember cycle shorts, the precursor of leggings?

Reactions: Marie 2

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, porl and Knikki, but maybe kev needs a new hobby alongside the bike and the diy :cat: After all, it’s not equality here in the uk when we wimmin get to wear jeans, shorts, dresses and skirts but the men seem limited to trousers, shorts and kilts.

I once did a fancy dress party for a dare in fishnets, short skirt high heels a stuffed d cup bra and a wig :p

Wig kept sliding over my eyes as I shave my head :p

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It’s not that big. When it was first put in, about thirty years ago, it replaced the sandpit we’d dug for daughters, then I enlarged it when at home for about six weeks, that was fourteen years ago. Then two or three years ago the gutter-fix I’d stuck The extra butyl on with began to perish, so everything came out and lived in big tubs and buckets while the lining was replaced. It’s now approx 2m x 3.5m.
I love it, the perfect place to sit by and do little except drink tea, coffee or secco.
How’s your lily Sue? Has it grown lots of leaves now?
@Fairygodmother I love the size of your pond, it's huge. My lily is growing and now has 5 leaves, no frogs

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w