What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Very upset to report 7.2 which I havent seen since dx more than 3 years ago.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.
@PenguinMum I can understand your feelings, it’s hard not to feel very down about a higher than expected fbg. I’m sure it’s anxiety - mine were up in the 7s and 8s a week or 2 ago and the only thing different was that I felt really stressed. It will pass, hang in there, you’re doing fine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

@PenguinMum -- Hugs, I definitely empathize with you. Maybe you're coming down with something. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow's reading will be much improved.

Fasting bloods this morning were 4.6.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Hugs @PenguinMum and as @DJC3 says stress/scoreboard pressure/cabin fever to blame. It will right itself. 4.4 Libre reader +3 mins 4.9 phone then Dawn P came over all savage. Used wine and 24k steps yesterday to go off piste - always worry about using alcohol that way.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 when I woke, that said i went back off to sleep again and woke to a 5.4!

Happy because last night was chicken tika chili and garlic from local Indian take away. I had it with my cauli rice and my bs love it as much as me. Fathers day and I wasn't cooking!

@PenguinMum it's very frustrating for you at the moment but we are living in such challenging times and I'm sure once we get back a little more normality your fbs will follow suit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200622-160038_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200622-160038_LibreLink.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 213

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. Well done @Mrs T 123. 4.8 @ 5.15 today Chocolate cake LC and GF, strawberries and cream for supper seems fine on a Monday. Scales indicate I won't be riding in the 2.15 at Kempton Park though.

Reactions: karen8967