Thrush

Lowcarb 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please, for the love of god, someone help me with how to get rid of the awful itching and burning that I have experienced in the lead up to and just after being diagnosed?

Cream does not work. Natural yoghurt doesn’t work. Baby soap/gels do not work.

It is driving me insane and I have scratched so much that I think I’ve torn my skin which never heals as I’m always scratching!

It’s getting to the point where it’s driving me to tears and I just need som advice on how to deal with it/make it go away.

Thank you in advance.
Hi I had thrush that would not clear up which led me to the doctors and thus diagnosed with diabetes i was prescribed Canasten duo a box which contains tablets and cream to fight the infection from the inside as well as the outside and it worked for me

Reactions: Belles

kfry 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Please, for the love of god, someone help me with how to get rid of the awful itching and burning that I have experienced in the lead up to and just after being diagnosed?

Cream does not work. Natural yoghurt doesn’t work. Baby soap/gels do not work.

It is driving me insane and I have scratched so much that I think I’ve torn my skin which never heals as I’m always scratching!

It’s getting to the point where it’s driving me to tears and I just need som advice on how to deal with it/make it go away.

Thank you in advance.
Hello I'm really sorry for the Thrush it can be so bad!!! I saw a consultant for a couple of years over this & Being diabetic-type 2 by the way. The only way is control of your sugars etc. Now I know this doesn't help in the middle of the night. You have to break the cycle of scratching. The more you scratch the worse it gets. So first of all wash with warm wAter and use aqueous cream if not just water. Sit on the toilet and wait for the worst to pass. Do not dry with a towel but use a hair dryer on a low setting to dry yourself. When dry if you have some thrust cream then use it or get to Gum clinic when you can. They have some fantastic gel called Instillagel. That calms Thrush quickly. Once clean & creamed if you have it. You need to lie there and try not to scratch. I know how bad it gets but just keep your legs apart so things don't touch & try to just stop the cycle. As I said it's extremely hard. You do not want it developing into anything worse. The Gum clinic can help just remember to explain about the diabetes. Good luck

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One thing I will mention that I haven't seen anyone else bring up, @Belles is that as well as the treatments others have mentioned it is imperative if you have a partner, with whom you are intimate, that they also undertake a course of treatment, else you are in danger of ending up playing Thrush Ping-pong, passing the issue back and forth.

It is unimportant if your partner has symptoms or not. Many, many people carry the candid bugs around with them every day and never know anything about it.

If in doubt, your pharmacist should be able to help you out with tablets, pessaries and/or creams.

I do hope things ease for you very soon. It's really not a nice thing to be living with.

tuffythedog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I can relate totally. The best thing I ever did was go to the local gum clinic. Once you get over the shock of going there it’s a life saver. It’s anonymous so no one knows who you are.
They gave me some brilliant advice and help along with some gel containing anethstetic. It was such a relief. As you can’t feel the itch it gives the skin time to heal properly. They also gave me advice on how to get rid of it. I haven’t had it in 3 years since going there.
I hope it goes soon for you. There’s nothing worse. Xx

mouseee

I had persistent thrush, internal and all over my tongue. Horrid, although not as bad as some of the stories on this thread... you have my sympathy!!! I'd treated it via over the counter things and it never quite went away. When I got my bs lowered it literally disappeared! I'd had it for a good few years really which makes me wonder how long I'd had undiagnosed t2.

mikey85

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi, I have the thick white growth on my tongue, please can you tell me how I might get rid of the overgrowth & how long it took? When the overgrowth is worse so is my frequent urination :(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I have the thick white growth on my tongue, please can you tell me how I might get rid of the overgrowth & how long it took? When the overgrowth is worse so is my frequent urination :(
Have you visited your GP already? What did they say?

Pinger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Mikey85
It's really important to get doc to check you out but if it is a candida overgrowth you could try oil pulling. Swishing eg olive oil in your mouth for 5 min and spit. Worth a Google, I may have left out bits. Also take control of your foods, low carbs, probiotic, fermented foods. Also contrast showers (alternate as hot as u can tolerate to as cold to stimulate your lymphatic system). If it's candida oral thrush is where it's showing in obvious ways but it's all happening in your gut and you need to get back in balance. It can cause such wide ranging symptoms that are quite vague so hard to get a GP to take it seriously. Getting the bad bacteria under control is doable and so worth it, give yourself 7-8 weeks. Oh and watch your stress levels, plenty of stress around us these past few months..
Wishing you good health

mikey85

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hi Mikey85
It's really important to get doc to check you out but if it is a candida overgrowth you could try oil pulling. Swishing eg olive oil in your mouth for 5 min and spit. Worth a Google, I may have left out bits. Also take control of your foods, low carbs, probiotic, fermented foods. Also contrast showers (alternate as hot as u can tolerate to as cold to stimulate your lymphatic system). If it's candida oral thrush is where it's showing in obvious ways but it's all happening in your gut and you need to get back in balance. It can cause such wide ranging symptoms that are quite vague so hard to get a GP to take it seriously. Getting the bad bacteria under control is doable and so worth it, give yourself 7-8 weeks. Oh and watch your stress levels, plenty of stress around us these past few months..
Wishing you good health

I do have some gut issues, I'm a big carb craver and I do believe it is all linked. I'm not diagnosed diabetic but I think my sugars are slightly higher than should be, I had a fasting sugar of 5.7 this morning. I am going to try my hardest to bring the carbs down & cut the grains out, I would like to stick to lots of veg and some meat. I don't want to go keto. I like to intermittent fast 16/8 and fing when I do this while cutting grains the overgrowth seems to get less and energy goes up.

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd go back to your GP and ask them to prescribe something like 'Nystan'. My.mum had thrush in her mouth as a side effect of meds she was on. Her GP prescribed Nystan which comes in a wee bottle with a dropper to place them on the tongue. It cleared it up fairly quickly. Certainly worth asking about. Good luck

Reactions: mikey85