Thoughts in ASDA pharmacy

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Was waiting for my drugs in ASDA, yesterday, and saw their advert for "PET PRESCRIPTIONS" and thought "Hope no one misunderstands and asks their GP for a puppy to keep them company!"

Reactions: 7 people
M

mrspuddleduck

Was waiting for my drugs in ASDA, yesterday, and saw their advert for "PET PRESCRIPTIONS" and thought "Hope no one misunderstands and asks their GP for a puppy to keep them company!"

Go on, I dare you........:D:D:D Sue xxxx

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trust you as a dog lover to consider this! :p

But does it mean they also offer pet meds on the NHS instead of charging you through the nose at the Vets?? :D Now that would be something very worthwhile... and cheaper than therapy puppies on the NHS.

(Having had to pay for sick dogs on occasion made me appreciate the actual cost of my medicines!)

Robbity

M

mrspuddleduck

Just come back from the docs where I was 'advised' how much my life maintaining drugs are costing. (Not sure of the point of conversation except to make me feeling guilty???) Maybe I should get myself reclassified as a 'pet' and try the vets for better treatment!! ;):D Sue xx

TopCat_999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Have you checked the vets bills, just going to the vet costs £27, without the cost of any medication, a course of antibiotics for my dog cost another £87. At least with the NHS seeing your doctor is FREE! and if you have an exemption certificate prescriptions are also FREE!

M

mrspuddleduck

Have you checked the vets bills, just going to the vet costs £27, without the cost of any medication, a course of antibiotics for my dog cost another £87. At least with the NHS seeing your doctor is FREE! and if you have an exemption certificate prescriptions are also FREE!
Sorry its not! I worked for 32 years, paid tax and NI. Paid tax on my pension for the last 8 years too. Have needed life maintaining medication for the last 16 years which up until a year ago I had to pay for as I wasn't entitled to free prescriptions. My prescription only became 'free' when I started injecting insulin!!

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods

But does it mean they also offer pet meds on the NHS instead of charging you through the nose at the Vets?? :D Now that would be something very worthwhile... and cheaper than therapy puppies on the NHS.

(Having had to pay for sick dogs on occasion made me appreciate the actual cost of my medicines!)

Robbity
Yes they can source vet medicines, usually within 48 hrs (If it is a prescription med, you need a prescription from your vet!)

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Robbity
Did you know if you are in England (not sure if it applies to all of UK) you can get your vet to give, sorry sell, you a prescription? I has to get three lots of the same tablets for my kittens at £100 for a pack of 10. I went to Boots and Lloyds and they were around £50. I then went to a local chemist and asked the young lady behind the counter how much they were and she said £8.98. I said "No a pack of 10" and she said that was a pack of ten. I was thinking "stupid girl, I don't want one tablet" (sorry have to be honest) when the manager could see something was not right and came over and asked what the problem was so I told him, he looked it up and said that was correct. I had bought one lot from the vet so I went back and got a prescription for 2 packs at a cost of £17.50 for the prescription. They were human anti viral tablets and I saved all that money, unfortunately they would't take the one pack back and refund my money.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to use viovet on line, at least half what vets charge. It can also depend upon what price the chemist can get the drug for.

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Notice at pharmacy: "We dispense with accuracy" Oh dear!