What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Out of interest John, at what level on the Libre do you start to feel/notice fbg is a tad low?
About 3.9 to 4.5 I tend to get up and stagger about a bit until I have a coffee and some breakfast.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 for me this morning - I am happy with this as had some 8s and 9s in March. Lower carbing seems to be working. Have a fab day everyone (sun is shining - happy days) x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thanks for the info John and take care. What is it with this coffee and breakfast malarkey people keep mentioning?:banghead:
14 years in the RAF first port of call in the morning was the mess hall and breakfast with your mates before going on duty or coming off shift at 6 in the morning Old habits die hard.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and Jamie H

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 4.5 on first inspection. Dawn P came calling which is, I assume just as it should be, since I normally just have almond milk in tea and lots of steps/exercise until 11 ish when I whack some coffee with cream and sugar free caramel in me as a way of lowering bg. @JohnEGreen @SaskiaKC 2 Ember days now in C of E but maybe not for you two. Glad you are happy lately @DJC3

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 for me
FB_IMG_1584048610937.jpg

Reactions: DJC3 and philchap1

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yay for FT. :) Today is SSSF here (super Salmon Salmon Salad Friday - must always have and avo or 2 though). Have a great day.

Must be a lot of good Catholics round here as on a Friday afternoon/evening the queue out side the fish and chip shop reaches half way down to my house (slight exaggeration) hasten to add I'm RC but realized many moons ago that there is no actual obligation on us to eat fish on a Friday just a tradition.

My FBG this morning was 4.3 yesterday was a fun day with BG ranging between 12 after lunch taking three hours to drop below 10.5 and then after a foray down to the park in the evening walking further than I have done in months when I eventually staggered back home BG was at 3.3 was not sure I was going to make it all the way home at one point but true grit and determination and a lack of any alternative got me through.:)

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 today but expected.

My friend did a 3 course lunch yesterday. New house garden party four 3 friends. I just couldn't bring myself to bring my own food. I felt my friend knew me well enough to have an idea of what would suit ;-) Low carb very hit and miss. She thought sweet potato was good for me rather than potato. Garlic bread was there. Little chinesey starters. Parcels of halloumi and corgette. Olives, crackers (she was proud telling me 3g per cracker, so sweet she checked this out), roasted peppers. I was hungry so ate mostly everything, even a small piece of garlic bread! For dessert she had Victoria sponge with elmlea cream! I didn't have any cake. She did bring out strawberries too which i had 2 of (massive they were!). With a tiny bit of elmlea (why do people think that stuff is healthy?) Check out my libre graph! I had 3 glasses of prosecco and 1 coffee with cream over the space of 3 hours, Elmlea.

She had gone to so much trouble. I bit the bullet. Still haven't got to the stage where I can tell a friend that invites me for lunch 'sorry but you are getting it all wrong'.

Mods
Sorry for the length but I just thought it might be interesting to some.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200626-123350_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200626-123350_LibreLink.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 276
Reactions: karen8967