What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

Temp 35.6

A beautiful day outside. Looks like a scorcher of a day.

Going out to enjoy the cool and quiet of this part of the day.

Thunderstorms are promised at tea time.

Take care

Be good....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My friend, who got me started on this week long free course, emailed me in the night to say she’s not doing the last project. It doesn't interest me, she said.

I said the same on here last night on this thread.

So I thought (because of her email) this morning, right I will try this last exercise.

I masked off 4 x 8 inch squares on paper with masking tape, because I was not going to waste one of my canvasses.

I have done two today, and I will do the other two tomorrow and then that is most definitely it.

These two pictures I have done this early morning is one early morning day of my life I will not get back, and I expect the two tomorrow to be the same. I tried to approach this with a good attitude, but I do not have a good attitude about this now.

The below is what the lady asked us in the joy of painting course to do. These are her exact instructions.

"Freedom through limitation.
Make at least 4 pieces, abstract or representational.
The goal is to show you how much you can do within limitations and how many ideas it can actually help to generate.

Choose three paint colours plus B&W, some scraps of paper for collage, a pencil, an ink pen or ballpoint pen, a piece of charcoal or pastel, and an oil pastel or crayon.

Follow this order as you work:
*You can make two brush marks (any size and shape)
*Make two marks with another tool
*Draw two lines in pencil
*Draw two lines or shapes in ink
*Make one charcoal mark
*Stick on two collage items
*Add two brush marks
*Finish with one mark with oil pastel or crayon"

She said you would find your way with this.

I lost my way with this exercise. If you want the bad paintings, she asked for the other day, here are my bad paintings.

This most certainly was not freedom through limitation for me.

This to me is a weird kind of limitations. There are too many colours to start with. That is not a limitation of palette. I was unable to get into this with all the different brush/tool marks she asked us to do on the one painting. It felt stilted as I went through the list. I couldn't free any creativity.

I do set myself my own limitations when I paint and I find this a good way of painting/creating. I am creative with paint, tools to use (eg twigs, pegs, lollipop sticks, my old chisels, other workmen’s tools in my tool box, and more. I use coffee to paint with, tea, red onion skins, and so on...).

Okay, rant over....

First one...
View attachment 42291

Second one...
View attachment 42292

Now I need a G&T after those disasters...
Quite an exercise! Well done for sticking at it, hope the g&t helped.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 this morning

a lovely day here after a grey and damp start :joyful: out early to do the shopping which went quite well, we even managed to find some bread flour today for the first time in at least a month :)

Sorted out the shopping and then took it over to mum's and then we went out for a walk when we got back home so all in all a fairly productive day (even remembered to put the bin out ;)).

I'm very envious of that foxy garden @Alien Aspie , ours is in need of serious amendment :hilarious:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - an impressive finished work, lived well up to it's promise, I love your use of colour :joyful:

@gennepher - don't know if I would have fancied trying that exercise either :sorry: kudos for having a good bash at it :) (mr gee says G&T's are always in order ;) )

art work catch up -
I've done a bit more at yesterday's dismal effort and may post it eventually when I've scanned the next batch

however for the catch up here are a couple more small letterbox format sky practices - each approx A5 divided lengthways.
no 1
View attachment 42302
no 2
View attachment 42303
Thank you. I love the light you created on the hills on the first painting, both are well painted in your clever use of watercolour paints.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 today.

Family BBQ went very well, all cooking our own food worked, we used a Cadac (small gas portable do everything cooker), daughter and SIL used a Kelly Kettle I was amazed how much they managed to cook on it and then the grandchildren all toasted marshmallows over it, son used traditional charcoal BBQ, half oil drum size, big family.

Only doubtful moment and risk of coming to harm for myself was foolishly playing a game of Stretch with my 9 year old grandaughter, a moment of madness as it involves throwing an object and each picking it up in turn by having to stretch without loosing balance, so close contact can and does happen and object is held and shared by each player, too late to worry now, fingers crossed. Then lots of Guitar and Recorder performing singing and playing out in the great outdoors whilst the sun set and the evening stayed warm.

I did do a very quick watercolour sketch for my last Missing the Sea series, not sure about it I will developed it into a bigger painting today.
IMG_20200624_223340_edit.jpg

Enjoy your day.

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well...
CONGRATULATIONS ALL

Level 1 COMPLETE.
View attachment 42293

But remember folks , it hasn't gone away, it's just hiding.

Day is a great one so far.
Fbg 6.1
Temp 36.4

Yesterday walked Mile & half, then cycled to meet Lauren, then cycled back 6 and a bit miles, all in.

She quite liked it, so plan to do again.

But today, I'm aching in so many places..:wideyed::sorry:

And it just came to me this morning, before I got the gel out, what my hair reminds me...

View attachment 42297

A few pics..
Two star crossed bikes.
Old meets new transport modes.
And my view from dashcam of trip to madams work

View attachment 42295

View attachment 42294

View attachment 42296

Have a good day all.

@Alien Aspie ..another LIKE for the garden.
Hoping you've made a fully recovery now ?
Quieter than Cannock Chase of late.
Good Hair Style by the way, you must have been tanking along on that bike to achieve that look.:joyful:
Sorry about the aches, too much too soon perhaps?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from a sun drenched Breckland outpost of the land of the free and home of the brave. The first known unknown today is just what is my real fbg which Libre reader seems to think is a rather too precise 4.8. Next up is how much short, medium and long term damage, if any, is eating (and exercising) to my Libre doing? My instincts tell me that much like the leader of the free world and his mini me, lived experience refuses to follow the narrative. @Muddy Cyclist artwork and BBQ top notch. Hold on. 'tis Thursday so no make up for me. Give it beans today guys - using good old common sense.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Family BBQ went very well, all cooking our own food worked, we used a Cadac (small gas portable do everything cooker), daughter and SIL used a Kelly Kettle I was amazed how much they managed to cook on it and then the grandchildren all toasted marshmallows over it, son used traditional charcoal BBQ, half oil drum size, big family.

Only doubtful moment and risk of coming to harm for myself was foolishly playing a game of Stretch with my 9 year old grandaughter, a moment of madness as it involves throwing an object and each picking it up in turn by having to stretch without loosing balance, so close contact can and does happen and object is held and shared by each player, too late to worry now, fingers crossed. Then lots of Guitar and Recorder performing singing and playing out in the great outdoors whilst the sun set and the evening stayed warm.

I did do a very quick watercolour sketch for my last Missing the Sea series, not sure about it I will developed it into a bigger painting today.
View attachment 42313

Enjoy your day.
Sounds like a wonderful day. I had a Kelly Kettle when I was in the military - I could boil water in it and do a cooked meal all at once with the aid of just a sheet of old newspaper - excellent bit of kit.
I like the colour pallet that you used for this watercolour sketch, the tide line draws the eye and brings it together I feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from yet another day of azure in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of chicken tagine with preserved lemon came in at 4.8 this am

I do like my crock pot multi cooker - set to saute to get the onions, spices and chicken going. Toss in the rest of the ingredints, lid on, set to slow cooker, low, for 6 hours - feet up, enjoy the sun.

My youngest brother rang yesterday, all excited. He is a private hair hairdresser and colourist. He will be even more private now with the mask and visor combo that he is required to wear. Already fully booked from 4th July until end of August - sounds exhausting but he is happy to be back working. I do hope that reverse gear will not be employed on the covidmobile any time soon.

Other news, we are planning to open up the little house on the prairie next month. I wonder what was left in the fridge, if anything? Will give the 4th/5th July a miss and go for the 6th. I imagine it will be like the allied invasion of Normandy over that particular weekend.

Have the very best day that you can. Stay hydrated, water your pets. Koffy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A known known is that halloumi brings a little sunshine to lc life. Here are some ideas for how to use it some will obviously need adapting https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...pes-from-salty-fritters-to-harissa-flatbreads. Lowest carb and salt version I have found is made in the uk Milky's Hallum which as far as I can tell is only available in Waitrose https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produ...sh-halloumi-style-cheese/788555-268208-268209

Thank’s for the link - I do like halloumi and there are some interesting ideas in the article. Unfortunately, or even fortunately perhaps, we are not entitled to a branch of Waitrose hereabouts although I have heard whispers of one being spotted in Newcastle.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all you wannabe Rick Grimes.
A lull between level 1 & level 2, methinks,
Though praying there IS NO level two, obv.

Up with the lark, TWO. yep TWO to be dropped at work this morning.:D

Our Steph now back at work.
Both work in same-ish area, so drop off quite do able .

Traffic still light, I guess a few taking advantage and staying off a while longer to enjoy the good weather

One more step yesterday back to some semblance of normality.

Neice to cemetery, our first meet in 3 months.
Task completed
And yesterday, me & her up to her brothers, such a Nice sight to see them reunite for the first time in so long .

SD went ok, but have to admit to. Man hug, with him and his boys, then disinfect , before settling down for a catch up and a few shandies (driving).

Like so many, am ignoring the govt shambolic unproven advice and taking my lead from the real science, & what I see with my boots on, here at ground zero of the UK pandemic.

I hope all are taking similar and doing what's best for them, despite the feeling many think it's all over.

Passed this restaurant yesterday,...
IMG_20200624_185238.jpg

Mmmhhh....not sure many were eating, looked more like a sunny day at the pub pre covid.

Stay safe &
Well...and as Shaw Taylor
Once said. "Keep em peeled"

:)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 42313

Enjoy your day.
Like your watercolour sketch of the sea @Muddy Cyclist

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Final two pics on this free Joy of painting course, using same restrictions of yesterday. I can tell you the joy of painting has completely gone out of my life with these.

I was working outside, but the temperature in the shade is already 28C and I am now wiped out, so returned indoors to bed and got 3 fans on directed at me. Cat is concerned I am too cold so wrapped himself round my neck..so I now have a fur stole...

3A420668-737F-427E-94ED-ACC6E4D6133A.jpeg

814DFC18-2FFA-4974-86EE-93AC7A68BD3B.jpeg

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quieter than Cannock Chase of late.
Good Hair Style by the way, you must have been tanking along on that bike to achieve that look.:joyful:
Sorry about the aches, too much too soon perhaps?

hahaha..yeah it was on getting out of bed, though
have now taken scissors to behind ears and back..looks ok, i'm told.

but yeah, beetle juice did come to mind that morning

and i agree with too much..

the plan WAS to have a gentle cycle up to meet her at 3pm,

just getting ready and i get call at 215, she's left...:wideyed:
where am i !!

so skates on ride like the wind (if the wind was a wispy shadow of itself)
got to park in record time, then the joys of messaging,

"where are you?".."..near that tree.."

*** it's a PARK there are HUNDREDS...:banghead:

send me a pic...

IMG-20200623-WA0006~2.jpg

...:wideyed::rolleyes:

So, I back track, it's a BIG park, go across park, to find it (I think )
She's moved from where i think she said she was,..

So at pace under the fiece hot sun,
I race to catch up..

"You look HOT " she says innocently, when i meet her gasping for breathe.

...AAGGHHHH !!!

then we park up and i try desperately NOT to collapse in too an undignified heap.
grateful for the rest.

Yes rather unfit, and the aches...spot on
too much.. too early...

May have some work coming up so need to get some fitness back.
Off out today for a more leisurely mooch, while I have the free time.:bag::D

ADD
i forgot
FBG 6.3
temp 35.8

:)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are staying at the hotel " Well Hydrated " in this heat.
A 5.8 on the meter of misbehaving this morning.

Well fellow posters I went for an early 6:45am walk this morning around the estate at the back of my house, what a revelation, it was their recycling collection day, the amount of beer, wine and spirit bottles left for collection was truly stunning. Now I know how some of them have spent their lockdown time. Am I jealous, yep, lucky blighters.

I shall attempt to post a picture of a coffee table I have been renovating, it was destined for the tip, but I thought their life in this yet, so a reprofile of the edges, change the leg positions, several coats of wood stain and varnish and Mrs J has a table for under our parthenon.
FB_IMG_1593085564250.jpg

Have a cool afternoon if you can, remembering sunbathing naked in your front garden could be fun.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so returned indoors to bed and got 3 fans on directed at me
Its sweltering here gennepher curtains drawn anything to keep the heat out...love the art the ist one looks like a view from outer space we're are spoilt imagine having our own art works gallery.

Reactions: jjraak