Thank you all you wonderful people!

CallyH

Hi All,

Apologies for the belated hello but I didn’t really like to take up your time before. Having been diagnosed as we went into lockdown as Type 2 with HbA1c of 84, I was in a bit of a state. Thank goodness for this forum!

You have educated me, encouraged me and pointed me in the direction of life changing knowledge, at a time when there was nowhere else to go.

With the help of my Tee2 and my Fitbit I have lost 2 stone and my bmi is now in the 29s. I cut out bread, pasta, rice, porridge, potatoes, most fruit etc on day 1 and am now getting the hang of Low Carb (30-40g per day.) I log everything on the MyNetDiary app.

My fasting blood glucose is now in the 4s every morning and testing once a day works for me at the moment. I will test more in the future, before and after meals, if I reintroduce any starchy carbs. I have another 2 stone to lose and hope to achieve that before Christmas.

It was a bit of a slog at times, but the 3 month blood test was what I focused on. I knew it would be much improved (because of my morning glucose levels) but when the nurse said today that my HbA1c is now 34... OMG! Metformin is being cut to 1 and will be removed after the next HbA1c as long as it remains low.

I feel very fortunate to be in a position of good health going forwards. Bless you all for being there and guiding us through.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Stunning results, congrats.... now go party like it's 1999.

Also curious as to what your DN had to say about it. Hope it was good!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Apologies for the belated hello but I didn’t really like to take up your time before. Having been diagnosed as we went into lockdown as Type 2 with HbA1c of 84, I was in a bit of a state. Thank goodness for this forum!

You have educated me, encouraged me and pointed me in the direction of life changing knowledge, at a time when there was nowhere else to go.

With the help of my Tee2 and my Fitbit I have lost 2 stone and my bmi is now in the 29s. I cut out bread, pasta, rice, porridge, potatoes, most fruit etc on day 1 and am now getting the hang of Low Carb (30-40g per day.) I log everything on the MyNetDiary app.

My fasting blood glucose is now in the 4s every morning and testing once a day works for me at the moment. I will test more in the future, before and after meals, if I reintroduce any starchy carbs. I have another 2 stone to lose and hope to achieve that before Christmas.

It was a bit of a slog at times, but the 3 month blood test was what I focused on. I knew it would be much improved (because of my morning glucose levels) but when the nurse said today that my HbA1c is now 34... OMG! Metformin is being cut to 1 and will be removed after the next HbA1c as long as it remains low.

I feel very fortunate to be in a position of good health going forwards. Bless you all for being there and guiding us through.
Congratulations! Excellent numbers all around, well done! (And there's no such thing as "taking up time".... We're on here because we choose to be, so always feel free to post. ;) )

CallyH

Hi and thank you . We were just getting to that bit when my mobile signal dropped out - she did try ringing back, but no joy. Also have a telephone consult tomorrow morning so I expect we will talk about it then.

(Lol as I remember New Year’s Eve 1999 - I was feeling quite ill and went to bed early )

toddy35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

Cally, congratulations, you're an inspiration. I'm about a month into a similar journey now. My weight loss hasn't been as stunning, lost just over a stone, but I haven't really upped by physical activity. Any tips to help me going forward? Thanks

CallyH

Thanks toddy , you’re really kind. My weight loss was over 3 months so you still have plenty of time to go. Initially the weight went quickly, but then slowed. It was when I moved onto very low carb eating that it picked up again and that’s how I hope to lose the rest.

I struggled with lots of bits along the way but the three month target kept me going. Activity has mainly been in terms of steps - my target is 8,000 a day and often I manage over 10,000 - I was surprised that something as basic as that could make a difference.

I have read and learnt so much on this forum. Be kind to yourself, take on a bit at a time and after a while it will all begin to come together. Everyone will be rooting for you. Look after yourself

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was going to say one word, WOW. But, wow, wow, wow!!!!! x

CallyH

Thanks KK, Carol, Brunneria, JoKalsbeek, Debandez, Tophat1900 and bulkbiker Just over three months ago I was despairing and frightened. Today I am thankful and the future is in my hands. Cheersto the forum. X

Reactions: Mummybear3