Victoza- does it get any better?

Diane_56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am on ozempic just on my 4th week started with tummy troubles last night don't know if it's with this or not

stephenharold

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Like you the side effects were horrible. I had to come home from work today thanks to nausea, dizziness, sickness and diarrhea. ... not to mention the sulphur burps. I can't afford to miss work. I don't get paid. I decided to put my science degree to work and have read a few journal articles on victoza doses. I want to persevere with it but have to work as well. Going to try a more gradual increase to my target dosage. Watch this space! Feeling miffed at having to miss work but happier to take control of my body and future as a diabetic.

stephenharold

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have explored a different approach with Victoza which may help others. I am T2 for over a decade and have followed the route most others have, starting with Metformin. My journey arrived at Ozempic and then followed 5 months of
diarrhea and incontinence and finally stopped. I was put on to Victoza, starting at 0.6 mg rising to 1.2. Not long after (couple of days) I was back to all I had wrestled with using Ozempic. My diabetes team wanted to move me on to insulin, but I did not, because Victoza has many other benefits, especially risk of cardio vascular issues. So I went back to 0.6 starting dose. NOW THE GOOD NEWS: I started at 0.6 and then increased the dose by one (1) click of the pen per week. One click = 0.06 mg The following day I had bit of abdominable gurgling which settled after about 24 hrs. I continued the journey towards 1.2. One week the gurgling was more pronounced and lasted a bit longer, so I stayed on that dose for 2 weeks, then returned to one click per week and after 12 weeks I reached 1.2 WITH NO SIDE EFFECTS. I know everyone is different and I was told that what I had done was very unconventional, but hey - it worked and is still working. So I hope I may have stumbled onto an approach that might well work for other people. I should also mention that I have an extreme form of IBS which makes this class of drugs difficult to tolerate, but this gently, gently approach managed to creep past the IBS with no reaction. I hope this might work for you, it`s definitely worth trying. Good luck.

Apologies if I have sent this to twice.

Demi's GEE

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks because I am struggling with Ozempic and Victoza vomit and diarrhea real bad

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diane, me too and I am wondering the same thing. Should I stop it or not

Hi there Demi GEE, I'm so sorry you are having such issues.

Nobody here can sy whether you should stop any of your medications. This is a conversation you need to have with whoever helps you with your diabetes - Doc or Nurse.