What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
emoji30.png

hi.
welcome to the thread.

Got cheeky and checked out your other posts,
sounds like you have had a rough time of late.

and here's to better BG's in the coming days.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me today.

Family virtual meal tonight and I have to get the family challenge completed, not even started it, subject Poppies. First though a Muddy Bike Ride.

Make Your day memorable, keep safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to this corner of the forum. Sorry I missed your post yesterday. Like @jjraak I read some of your posts and realise what a tough time you are having with BG numbers. Mine have been higher than normal throughout the last two hot days but only by 1 and I was concerned so have much empathy for your situation with such high numbers. I hope you manage to sort this problem quickly and wish you well.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, a 6.0 to start the day. Her ladyship had her social gathering which I was obliged to attend but everyone was at a respectful distance and all were serious self isolators.

Anyway, today is cloudy and cooler and as we are expecting storms I shall take an early walk.

Enjoy the day :)

@Mummybear3 Welcome to the thread, as @jjraak said hopefully those numbers will drop soon :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. Welcome @Mummybear3 and I echo the wishes for a calmer time with bg control for you. So, for super salmon salad Friday a 4.5 was first out of the blocks for me. Dawn P came calling which is , I assume, just as it should be. I normally just have almond milk in tea until 11 ish when I whack some coffee with cream and sugar free caramel in me as a way of lowering bg as much as for any pleasure. At 6.40 and 2k ish steps in I was 5.2 and into first 800 mls tea. Just as a signpost on the rapid journey through the year, Wednesday was time to remember the birth of John the Baptist. Best get in the queues for Christmas shopping guys and gals.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is the finished metal sculpture my artist friend made for me, stands 3 feet and will rust wonderfully. He plays in our folk band and does some wonderful metal sculptures in between earning his keep as a self employed agricultural engineer, very busy this time of year but he fitted this in his busy schedule.

View attachment 42327
Stunning piece and as you say, should rust very well and blend with your garden.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I absolutely love this, and the story with it @dunelm
So poignant...
Thank you. It was interesting trying to work out a way of conveying a thought through a single image. I struggled with getting the images to the sizes that I wanted at first. I only have an IPad - would have been far easier if I still had my laptop with all the associated software. Still.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Temp36.1

The heat last night stopped me sleeping, and for some reason my arthritis flared up and it was like lying in a torture chamber. I would have got up and done some activity, but I was very tired. Finally at 2 am I took a second lot of amitriptyline tablets. I went to sleep finally. So, I am late for me in posting.

It is raining out there, so no outdoors painting today. And I still need to clear my painting desk indoors. So a digital painting it is going to be...

Be back soon

Take care

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. It was interesting trying to work out a way of conveying a thought through a single image. I struggled with getting the images to the sizes that I wanted at first. I only have an IPad - would have been far easier if I still had my laptop with all the associated software. Still.

I only have an iPad too for all my artwork and digital art work. There is always a way somehow with the iPad.

Yes there is a different kind of freedom doing work, photographic and painting, on the laptop @dunelm It feels more expansive to work with.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from almost but yet not quite the azure in the light and breezy dark and dangerous north bereft of punctuation Oxford or otherwise greengrocers may take exception

The wonder wheel of far too hot to cook so electrify some salad with ingredients from the spice drawer came in at 5.3 this am

A bird feeder has re-located in the garden in competition to the more favoured, Waitrose, bird feeder. It, the Aldi bird feeder, moved due to pressure from a pair of ring necked doves, leaders of the Doves Lives Matter pressure group, who think that the area under which it is now located will offer a more equal ground feeding experience.
Note: Yes, favoured still has the letter ‘u’ in to you prejudiced bit of software - Johnson’s Dictionary Matters.

@geefull - a very soothing and contemplative landscape to walk through.
@Muddy Cyclist - wonderful sea sketch - photo images do annoying things to the colour scheme.
@Mummybear3 - welcome and I hope that your days get better

Have the most wonderful day that you can have, decide and it will be so. Koffy.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. By 8.30am we had done the dog walk, the weekly Aldi shop and put the washing out on the line. The washing out on the line was probably a mistake as it is raining now.

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Who will be sure to give that 2nd wave as much chance as possible
Its everywhere the beaches Bournemouth was overrun bloody selfish...so many have been locked away following the regulations & guidelines makes me cross!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. By 8.30am we had done the dog walk, the weekly Aldi shop and put the washing out on the line.
Wish I hadn't read that Krystyna I feel exhausted just thinking about it...well done I need some routine/organisation.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...worked yesterday & didn't finish the job until 3am this morning shattered...sunny here no breeze looking forward to some rain to cool things down...will have another coffee need to collect a prescription there will have to be some kind of a nap today...so hot this morning when I finally got to bed ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...woke to a 6.5

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My digital paintings for today. Both in new apps I have not used before.
So I cannot figure out the brushstrokes yet, nor how to find them on the app screen.

I am still searching for a brushstroke like the Chinese brush with black ink, or even a digital Fude pen would work. I can find an app I like on my Android phone, but the same app is not on Apple. But the Android app on my tiny phone screen is pretty near impossible to do a chinese painting on. But I might try it sometime.

I did have an app on the iPad that did Chinese Brush painting, but it was on iOS 5, my first iPad, then I lost it.

Anyway here is my best effort with one horse from Xu Beihong. I have a series of 4 of these, postcard size, and I have had these since childhood. I always wanted to draw and paint horses as a child. I did draw every picture of Champion Wonder Horse that I could find when I was a kid! I used the Izal toilet paper we had then, so I could trace every picture of a horse I could find!. My horse here is a bit weak on the back end, there should be more power in the back end of that horse I feel.

EC060FB5-59D0-4616-A087-E1E863A820EC.jpeg

This second digital painting, navigating the brushstrokes within the app completely and utterly eluded me. Whereas in the app I used for the horse, there was a zillion brushstroke, it was trying to work through them, and remembering where they were.
F25032A5-0D0D-46A1-8B77-C900C48DFF6D.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The range of co-morbidities, actual ingredients for following LC/keto, activity levels and fbgs not to mention gender, age, height and weight is interesting. In this regard I am interested if other people use supplements or consider them important in their management of diabetes or wider health and fitness.
Edit: Happy to share what I consider my supplements and why I take them via PM or openly if it won't derail the thread.

Last edited: