Dr Almond

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
Does anyone else use Dr Almond products?

We use it all the time, it is expensive, but if you have a craving for bread, muesli or crackers, it is well worth looking into. We have found the pizza base and pasta not to our taste.

My favourite is the fruit bread, just a small handful of sultanas, so naughty, but so nice.

edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Waterfall 888

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have placed a couple of orders for Dr Almond stuff.
You are right about the price - ouch!
But everything we have tried has been fab, except for the chocolate slabs. Those were disappointing.

We particularly liked the 3 different loaves of bread (white, grainy and a middling version).
The profiterole mix was fab, and the choux buns froze beautifully.
Funnily enough, I have a pack sitting on the countertop ready to make up a loaf for Mr B today :D

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
My top tip for the chocolate brownie (slab?) is to take a piece and cover it in double cream. Then mash the two together and it is totally amazing, like a super thick chocolate shake. I am thinking of freezing it next time, a sort of chocolate ice cream. I can not believe the products are so low carb.

Enjoy!

KathrynB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello I've seen an ad for this but the cost- ouch! When it says £6 or thereabouts for bread mix, how much bread does one packet make?

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
Hello I've seen an ad for this but the cost- ouch! When it says £6 or thereabouts for bread mix, how much bread does one packet make?

Yes it is expensive. A bread mix will make one loaf. It’s not great for toasting but if you need a ‘bread fix’ (brownie, granola or crisp bread) it’s a winner.

We didn’t enjoy the pizza base and pasta mix so much. Look out for discount codes (15%) on their FB page. Current code is ‘Summer’.

If you were local (Dumfries) you’d be welcome to try.

Best wishes. Dik