Latest HbA1c and other results

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hit the bannister - did you go wobbly going up stairs?
If so, then it is something Dr Atkins described in his New Diet Revolution, naming it ascension weakness and prescribing a small salad to just slightly increase the carbs - along with all the micronutrients which a colourful salad can bring. Suggested carb content is about 5 gm.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hit the bannister - did you go wobbly going up stairs?
If so, then it is something Dr Atkins described in his New Diet Revolution, naming it ascension weakness and prescribing a small salad to just slightly increase the carbs - along with all the micronutrients which a colourful salad can bring. Suggested carb content is about 5 gm.
No, I got out of bed and was walking to the bathroom. I used to get light headed when standing up, that has come back recently since I lowered the carbs and lost weight. I did ask in another thread, there was a suggestion I might need some extra salt so am trying to increase that

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
These days I have a tiny pinch of salt, a larger pinch of cinnamon, plus cream in my first mug of coffee of the day.
As I don't add salt to cooking I think I need to supply some - particularly in these hot days.
It might be something to mention to your GP though - just in case.