What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Painting for today.
Using ZenBrush2 app (one of those suggested by @dunelm )

This first painting with ZenBrush2 app is NOT mine. Popeye decided to have a go. So this first one is Popeye's attempt. I repeat, this is Popeye drawing on my iPad screen.

View attachment 42365

This second painting within ZenBrush2 is my first attempt with this app. This was not easy to do with cat Popeye hanging on to my drawing arm, his eyes glued to the iPad screen. But it is my best effort. Next time I will make sure Popeye is asleep elsewhere. I will try and do better next time...
I cannot use an Apple pen to draw with, my hands won't hold it, so this drawing of bird and bamboo is done freehand with my fingers and thumb on the iPad screen.

View attachment 42366
Looking good Poppy.
Don’t try - just do - it’s Zen.
I asked my mother how long it took her to draw bamboo. She answered that she was still working on it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looking good Poppy.
Don’t try - just do - it’s Zen.
I asked my mother how long it took her to draw bamboo. She answered that she was still working on it.

You can practice forever with bamboo...

I have bamboo in my garden @dunelm
I watch it in all kinds of weathers....

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Funny old day, you know the sort, seem to be busy all day but can't see what's been achieved. On dog walk we took a path that goes over two Stiles, heaven knows why as Moet our Labrador can no longer manage them and is too deep chested to get under them, so mugging had to carry him over, not easy 36 Kilo. Still they inspired my next watercolour series, Stiles. Here is the first, sorry again unfinished, day vanished. Did however find old CD player in our loft which is now in my studio (junk room in Mrs MCs words) but comfortable in my eyes. Listened to the wonderful Michael Raven, sadly now departed and wonderful voice of Joan Mills. Death and the Lady album whilst painting, many of these tracks Mrs MC and I have performed in various folk clubs over the years.
IMG_20200627_163509_edit.jpg

Will finish on Sunday..

And here is Mrs MCs track she loves to perform most from the album, took me a week to learn the guitar part back in the 1900s. We still perform it today, however who knows if we will ever do another gig.:singing:

PS just fed Dracula and my BG was 7 :banghead: WHY! I worked out I have had less than 15grms of carbs all day. Low carb dinner for me this evening, Tuna Steak and salad by the looks of it.

Reactions: karen8967

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.8 yesterday and 4.4 today

haven't been sleeping as well as I'd like because of the heat and then had a tiring day yesterday so I fell asleep in the evening early and missed posting :sorry:

It was hot again during the night hre despite the sudden heavy showers and thunder rumbles.

Never mind, I managed to get a hedge at mum's cut yesterday after cooking barbecue lunch in her garden, hedge is almost 6 feel tall so quite tiring wielding the electric hedge trimmer, those things get surprisingly heavy after a little while.

Said hedge had been infiltrated by a bramble and a wild rose bush (found out the hard way :() so I grovelled about at the base of the hedge to find the bottom of both and chopped them off, I'll drag them out when they've died off a bit ;)
Whilst I trimmed hedge mr gee mowed outside the gate and then took the loppers to the lower branches of the rowan tree because they'd spread low enough to bat us on the head as we passed with the mower. (or poke us in the eye on windy days). No wonder I dropped off to sleep :hilarious:

Then what must I do today but volunteer to help an elderly (well more elderly than me :hilarious:), friend to trim her overgrown hedge. Glutton for punishment me, couldn't see her struggle though.
@SlimLizzy - that bindweed's a b*gger isn't it? The hedge I was helping to trim today was supporting a fine crop.

Weather forecast for today was for hot then wet, hope it cools down a bit in time for sleep tonight ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - don't know how I missed your art yesterday, nice illustration of an interesting story.

@gennepher - very much like your brush work paintings, Popeye shows talent ;) and the bird is a great beginning with the app. I particularly like the one of the horse, if you had added more strengh to the back end it may have looked more majestic but, just as it is, I think the impression of fluid motion is lovely :)

@Muddy Cyclist - love the final painting of the sea series, I have noticed that scanning my paintings sometimes alters the contrast and saturation a little.
Like your watercolour poppies which have a lovely loose bursting colour to them and again I look forward to the new 'stiles' series.

Art catch up -
a couple more small letterbox format - no 1

upload_2020-6-27_18-57-51.jpeg

no 2 - abstractish
upload_2020-6-27_18-58-50.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

haven't been sleeping as well as I'd like because of the heat and then had a tiring day yesterday so I fell asleep in the evening early and missed posting :sorry:

It was hot again during the night hre despite the sudden heavy showers and thunder rumbles.

Never mind, I managed to get a hedge at mum's cut yesterday after cooking barbecue lunch in her garden, hedge is almost 6 feel tall so quite tiring wielding the electric hedge trimmer, those things get surprisingly heavy after a little while.

Said hedge had been infiltrated by a bramble and a wild rose bush (found out the hard way :() so I grovelled about at the base of the hedge to find the bottom of both and chopped them off, I'll drag them out when they've died off a bit ;)
Whilst I trimmed hedge mr gee mowed outside the gate and then took the loppers to the lower branches of the rowan tree because they'd spread low enough to bat us on the head as we passed with the mower. (or poke us in the eye on windy days). No wonder I dropped off to sleep :hilarious:

Then what must I do today but volunteer to help an elderly (well more elderly than me :hilarious:), friend to trim her overgrown hedge. Glutton for punishment me, couldn't see her struggle though.
@SlimLizzy - that bindweed's a b*gger isn't it? The hedge I was helping to trim today was supporting a fine crop.

Weather forecast for today was for hot then wet, hope it cools down a bit in time for sleep tonight ;)

@dunelm - don't know how I missed your art yesterday, nice illustration of an interesting story.

@gennepher - very much like your brush work paintings, Popeye shows talent ;) and the bird is a great beginning with the app. I particularly like the one of the horse, if you had added more strengh to the back end it may have looked more majestic but, just as it is, I think the impression of fluid motion is lovely :)

@Muddy Cyclist - love the final painting of the sea series, I have noticed that scanning my paintings sometimes alters the contrast and saturation a little.
Like your watercolour poppies which have a lovely loose bursting colour to them and again I look forward to the new 'stiles' series.

Art catch up -

View attachment 42371
no 2 - abstractish
View attachment 42372
Wow, busy two days. Hedge trimming, culinary genius, talented artist and T2 management superstar all rolled into one.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Art catch up -

View attachment 42371
no 2 - abstractish
View attachment 42372
Really like bothof these paintings but the second is my favourite, so little that tells so much, brilliant.
Seems like Hedge cutting was the theme for last week, hard work.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Funny old day, you know the sort, seem to be busy all day but can't see what's been achieved. On dog walk we took a path that goes over two Stiles, heaven knows why as Moet our Labrador can no longer manage them and is too deep chested to get under them, so mugging had to carry him over, not easy 36 Kilo. Still they inspired my next watercolour series, Stiles. Here is the first, sorry again unfinished, day vanished. Did however find old CD player in our loft which is now in my studio (junk room in Mrs MCs words) but comfortable in my eyes. Listened to the wonderful Michael Raven, sadly now departed and wonderful voice of Joan Mills. Death and the Lady album whilst painting, many of these tracks Mrs MC and I have performed in various folk clubs over the years.
View attachment 42370

Will finish on Sunday..

And here is Mrs MCs track she loves to perform most from the album, took me a week to learn the guitar part back in the 1900s. We still perform it today, however who knows if we will ever do another gig.:singing:

PS just fed Dracula and my BG was 7 :banghead: WHY! I worked out I have had less than 15grms of carbs all day. Low carb dinner for me this evening, Tuna Steak and salad by the looks of it.
The woodland walk looks very inviting @Muddy Cyclist
I recall lugging a similarly heavy old dog over those in the early 2000s

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Art catch up -

View attachment 42371
no 2 - abstractish
View attachment 42372

Thank you for my recent digital painting compliments @geefull

Picasso (aka Popeye) is grateful for his compliments on his first piece of digital artwork.

I love both your letterbox seascapes, But I have an affinity and a longing for the second one. It reminds me of Crosby shore at sunset and I would love to go and visit there.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040

had a spell a while back where the cramps crept in.

i used a mag spray, seemed to do the trick, and i also upped my salt intake,
touch wood the mags not so needed now.

glad yours has been of good use.
That is really interesting. It sounds a better way to get magnesium into the body because you are bypassing the digestive system. Which one did you use?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me this lovely morning.

A few songs to revive, no idea why other than for my own pleasure. A relative to visit if the weather holds and my watercolour to finish.

Today choose to go along the path that time is taking, take care on your way.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Art catch up -

View attachment 42371
no 2 - abstractish
View attachment 42372
Tired me out just reading about it. Thanks for the compliment, another two interesting letterbox paintings. I like the understated 2nd one.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a duck pond wet of a morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of things thrown into the slow cooker came in at 4.7 this am

Deluge - Mrs Miggins came in from her afternoon walk in a parody of Richard E Grant in Withnail and I - I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth.

Beach litter - what happened to all that concern about plastic in the sea. Are some people now so entitled that they can just dump stuff wherever they want. The words penalties and enforcement spring to mind and the phrase “lack of”. Is Britain now the filthiest country.

I hope that your Sunday is a good one, must practice my koffy calls.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today done in ZenBrush2.

I did have another one, but my kind cat put his paw round the bottom right of the screen, and touched...the delete button...

I thought I had saved it as I went along, but alas I couldn't have...

So here is another sparrow...

This is good practice for when I hand paint my Postcrossing postcards.

78FFE9F3-7904-4985-AC1B-46AEEEA8D9B0.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr Blue Sky Sunday here so that by the Grace of God I can enjoy another day. Woke to a 3.9 @ 6.20 but these are the last 4 days of Libre sensor so may be why (some research suggests I should recalibrate ). Weighed (in other bathroom for the steps), back to our bedroom, showered, dressed, 4.5 so the pattern is right. Golf driving range this morning with No 3 son, first close up of his daughter walking afterwards (can't imagine nanny not hugging) then duck breast salad with compulsory avocado, seeds and spinach powder. Finished the chocolate birthday cake with 4 good sized strawberries yesterday and N0 1 son and 2 children visited - safely. All good in this house thanks be to God. Also probably better all round if I just pray that those in positions of authority make fair and just decisions. Toodle pip.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967