What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 for me
FB_IMG_1592328488597.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today done in ZenBrush2.

I did have another one, but my kind cat put his paw round the bottom right of the screen, and touched...the delete button...

I thought I had saved it as I went along, but alas I couldn't have...

So here is another sparrow...

This is good practice for when I hand paint my Postcrossing postcards.

View attachment 42379
Good shape - how are you finding this particular app?

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a duck pond wet of a morning in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of things thrown into the slow cooker came in at 4.7 this am

Deluge - Mrs Miggins came in from her afternoon walk in a parody of Richard E Grant in Withnail and I - I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth.

Beach litter - what happened to all that concern about plastic in the sea. Are some people now so entitled that they can just dump stuff wherever they want. The words penalties and enforcement spring to mind and the phrase “lack of”. Is Britain now the filthiest country.

I hope that your Sunday is a good one, must practice my koffy calls.
I agree about beach litter and litter generally that seems to have increased since the lockdown.

I really like this York County Council sign. I have added a link because the sign would cause my post to be moderated. Apologies to moderators - here is the link. https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/18535230.posters-york-tell-litter-droppers-dont-tosser/

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr Blue Sky Sunday here so that by the Grace of God I can enjoy another day. Woke to a 3.9 @ 6.20 but these are the last 4 days of Libre sensor so may be why (some research suggests I should recalibrate ). Weighed (in other bathroom), back to our bedroom, showered, dressed, 4.5 so the pattern is right. Golf driving range this morning with No 3 son, first close up of his daughter walking afterwards (can't imagine nanny not hugging) then duck breast salad with compulsory avocado, seeds and spinach powder. Finished the chocolate birthday cake with 4 good sized strawberries yesterday and N0 1 son and 2 children visited - safely. All good in this house thanks be to God. Also probably better all round if I just pray that those in positions of authority make fair and just decisions. Toodle pip.
Enjoy the driving range - nanny hugging is a major clause in the terms and conditions of being nanny

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good shape - how are you finding this particular app?

Brilliant @dunelm
It may appear a fairly simple app on the surface, but there is an awful lot of variation with the combinations you can do with a stroke. So, I am still exploring all that.
I just need to remember to save before I see that cat approaching...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree about beach litter and litter generally that seems to have increased since the lockdown.

I really like this York County Council sign. I have added a link because the sign would cause my post to be moderated. Apologies to moderators - here is the link. https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/18535230.posters-york-tell-litter-droppers-dont-tosser/

Yes, York County Council have come up with a good impactful sign - maybe it should be replicated throughout the country.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant @dunelm
It may appear a fairly simple app on the surface, but there is an awful lot of variation with the combinations you can do with a stroke. So, I am still exploring all that.
I just need to remember to save before I see that cat approaching...

So pleased that you are enjoying it. Perhaps a few more Popeye examples - it is Zen after all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, York County Council have come up with a good impactful sign - maybe it should be replicated throughout the country.
Can't resist observing that when a fish rots the head stinks first. Would the letters be large enough for eyesight tests?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:***::***:
That is really interesting. It sounds a better way to get magnesium into the body because you are bypassing the digestive system. Which one did you use?

I used this one
IMG_20200628_082019.jpg

I would caution to READ the label.

My missus didn't, and it almost killed ME :wideyed:

never a good idea to roll around on the floor laughing your bits off., When someone ....no names mentioned, tells you the sprays not very good and TASTES terrible... :hungover:

Given you spray it ON the skin....:hilarious:

Still makes me smirk,
Which that stink eye from madam, wipes off my face in seconds.. (almost ..snigger ;):bag: )

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used this one
View attachment 42382

never a good idea to roll around on the floor laughing your bits off., When someone ....no names mentioned, tells you the sprays not very good and TASTES terrible... :hungover:

Still makes me smirk,
Which that stink eye from madam, wipes off my face in seconds.. (almost ..snigger ;):bag: )
Hug for Lauren of Arabia and shame on you - (not saying I wouldn't react the same though)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I used this one
View attachment 42382

Still makes me smirk,
Thank.you for this - I will definitely read the instruction!!!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
6.40am FBG 5.1 best number for a while.
Making a serious effort today to catch up with some garden chores.
Should also be good for BG.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbs 5.7. A lovely breeze this morning. Today is primarily going to be a dog walking, Suduko, reading and coffee day. Maybe I will motivate myself to do some work - but maybe I won't.
Coffee drinking and Sudoko seem hard enough work to me. Glutton for punishment, you. It's a Jackson Browne/Glenn Frey kinda day in Suffolk but not sure how normal for Norfolk you are:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wicked sense of humour on the Cambs/Suffolk border. I drive through a village named Kenny Hill on my way to the golf range and yes, it is slightly higher than the surrounding land. Shippey Hill is also at the same altitude and is probably the UKs least used railway station https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shippea_Hill_railway_station. Whacked 120 golf balls in 80 minutes - now I find a back brace for spinal stenosis is recommended. Good exercise, took bg to 6.3 at the peak and at one stage fitbit has me in the intense effort zone.
upload_2020-6-28_14-4-8.png
upload_2020-6-28_14-4-8.png

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.

An 8.3 this morning and a low reading on tea and koffy consumption also a low reading on get up go and motivation status, but at 16:30pm things will have to change, if I told you I would have to kill you.....Only kidding.

I hope your day has gone well so far.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee drinking and Sudoko seem hard enough work to me. Glutton for punishment, you. It's an Jackson Browne/Glenn Frey kinda day in Suffolk but not sure how normal for Norfolk you are:angelic:
Probably not Normal for Norfolk. Actually, probably not normal for anywhere.